Author Topic: stephan king merry go round  (Read 1598 times)

stephan king merry go round
« on: August 03, 2015, 09:58:45 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
last season was straight out of a steven king nightmare-a young coach ,rookiie in backcourt and a new positional defender at center, and a point forward-goodbye rondo,goodbye green as the merry go round speeds up,welcome marcus thorton crowder,brandan wright,prince then isiah,jerebko dantome -injuries to smart,kelly and sully-all the while zeller played good solid baskeball not an easy task for a player thats defence has to cover so many defiencies and is possitional
zeller stayed consistent in his offence hitting his mid range,pick and roll and flip hooks and ran the court and shot lites out from foul line
-zeller rapidly from those early days of confusion with only rondo getting it, zeller is deadly with the ball in the right spot and timed,he progressed through season and played to his strength
he should benefit greatly from amir trade and a full pre season,2nd year with brad ,confidence in his shot and moving out a bit and with that crucial timing that comes with continuity-
jerebko another guy that needs the ball in right place with time and then is deadly,isiah and turner with pre season and of course brad putting players in position to succeed-not to mention the upgrade of amir on defence-

Re: stephan king merry go round
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 10:31:10 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Erm, yeah, sure, I'll go, Zeller was reaallly good all things considered. If 1-4 are all above average wing defenders then Zeller has a serious role on any team during a playoff series. Just throw quick double teams, recover etc.. Deserves a spot somewhere.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 10:58:58 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
I thought this was going to be about a weird merry-go-round that Stephen King owned, or maybe had installed at his house. Wouldn't have surprised me—I've heard some strange tales about his house in Bangor.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 11:51:21 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
I was hoping it was a new Stephen King book.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 12:07:05 PM by hpantazo »

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 02:49:22 AM »

Offline redrobot

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4
I loved the one story about how King and his wife go to the movies one night and when they walk into the theater and sit down, the few other patrons in the rows start clapping. He says thanks for recognizing him, but the people inform him that no one knows who he is, they've just been waiting for 2 more people to show up because the theater wont play the movie unless there are at least 10 in the audience.

But so Rollie, are you related to the Zellers in some way? Friend of the family?

I'll go out on a limb and say most guys in the NBA are pretty deadly when they get the ball in the right place with time.

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 05:02:17 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
hardwood houdini just published an article  by josua batemen  as quoted zeller shot a remakrable 60% from 10 -16 ft--i saw this over and over last season it was almost as if he extended his free throw and i believed long ago that with reps he could easily extend his range-zeller also stated this "with practice"
and i admire his soft touch and flip hooks a lost art-hardwood also stated to have that mid range at such a young age and zeller is just going to get better-
zeller is methodical and measured with economy of motion but runs the court well-this is a guy brad trusts says bateman-i'm not zeller family but appreciate the type of player zeller represents most fans will not see the progress or little things this guy does right not wrong-
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 09:17:47 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 07:11:30 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
Zeller looked a lot better when Rondo was here. RR could get him the ball exactly where he wanted it. So as Smart improves as a 1 Zeller should get better looks. He's got really good hands and a very very quick shot.

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 09:14:22 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
both bladley and turner gave him low bounce passes like skip bombs, he could not handle those low passes the quards didn't get he doesn't bend well at all but as season progressed  less rondo so did his 10-16 footer-a key element of celts mid range game--