Author Topic: what would it cost for jimmy butler-just a thought  (Read 2335 times)

what would it cost for jimmy butler-just a thought
« on: August 03, 2015, 05:47:10 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
was rozier drafted to keep chicago from picking him up with goal of a package,this might explain danny's pick
  what would  chicago go for in exchange for butler
 gasol and noah and rose all becoming tired physically-
-did danny draft rozier with a chicago trade in mind-
sully ,olynck ,rozier+ , this would thin the roster
sign holmes and keep perry or throw him in the mix

Re: what would it cost for jimmy butler-just a thought
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 08:59:57 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I do think Jimmy Butler is a target for us. When his free agency was looming, he'd agreed to visit us to hear a pitch- but Chicago offered him the max immediately so he couldn't.
I think trouble is brewing in Chicago and they might have to blow it up.
The problem is that even if Jimmy Butler and Rose hate each other, Rose is only under contract for two more years including this up coming season.

I do think Danny is targeting Butler because I think Butler may demand a trade at some point. Chicago was never going to let him walk and had to sign him to a max contract regardless of if they wanted to or not- his trade value is too good to just let him walk.

I don't think we drafted Rozier for Butler, but it's a good thought and we have so many guards that if Butler does become available, we'll be ready to throw the farm and some Brooklyn picks at Chicago for him.

What would it cost?
I think we'd need to send something like:

2016 Brooklyn pick+
2016 Celtics pick+
Kelly Olynyk+
Rozier.

Amir Johnson or Lee would have to be added for salary purposes.
That's the minimum I think. Maybe we'd get away with keeping our own pick and swapping it for some future 2nd rounders but they'd want an absolute haul for him. Would not suprise me if they demanded both Brooklyn picks.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 09:04:28 AM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
I do think Jimmy Butler is a target for us. When his free agency was looming, he'd agreed to visit us to hear a pitch- but Chicago offered him the max immediately so he couldn't.
The problem is that even if Jimmy Butler and Rose hate each other, Rose is only under contract for two more years including this up coming season.

I do think Danny is targeting Butler because I think Butler may demand a trade at some point. Chicago was never going to let him walk and had to sign him to a max contract regardless of if they wanted to or not- his trade value is too good to just let him walk.

I don't think we drafted Rozier for Butler, but it's a good thought and we have so many guards that if Butler does become available, we'll be ready to throw the farm and some Brooklyn picks at Chicago for him.

What would it cost?

2016 Brooklyn pick+
2016 Celtics pick+
Kelly Olynyk+
Rozier.

That's the minimum I think. Maybe we'd get away with keeping our own pick and swapping it for some future 2nd rounders but they'd want an absolute haul for him. Would not suprise me if they demanded both Brooklyn picks.

Chicago already has an issue with having too many bigs and not enough wings. Yet propose they solve it by giving up their best wing for even more bigs and an unknown PG (already got Rose)??? Ok then

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 10:13:20 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

What would it cost?

2016 Brooklyn pick+
2016 Celtics pick+
Kelly Olynyk+
Rozier.

Chicago already has an issue with having too many bigs and not enough wings. Yet propose they solve it by giving up their best wing for even more bigs and an unknown PG (already got Rose)??? Ok then

The idea is that they might decide to tear it down.
Their bigs are on one leg. Gasol is about to turn 50. Noah is made of glass and so is Rose.

So yeah, they'd want some assets in players but the main treasure for them would be the Brooklyn picks.
Do you think Gasol and Noah will be there in 2 years? What about Rose?
What happens then and Butler's the only one left? Does he really wanna hang around fighting with Rose until Rose's contract ends and he's the only decent player left?

What would you propose the Bulls would want for Butler?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 10:30:25 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Butler isn't going anywhere. If he wanted out he wouldn't have resigned with the Bulls.

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 10:41:09 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Butler isn't going anywhere. If he wanted out he wouldn't have resigned with the Bulls.

He was a Restricted Free Agent and the Bulls would've matched any offer sheet he signed.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 11:12:10 AM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11

What would it cost?

2016 Brooklyn pick+
2016 Celtics pick+
Kelly Olynyk+
Rozier.

The idea is that they might decide to tear it down.
Their bigs are on one leg. Gasol is about to turn 50. Noah is made of glass and so is Rose.

So yeah, they'd want some assets in players but the main treasure for them would be the Brooklyn picks.
Do you think Gasol and Noah will be there in 2 years? What about Rose?
What happens then and Butler's the only one left? Does he really wanna hang around fighting with Rose until Rose's contract ends and he's the only decent player left?

What would you propose the Bulls would want for Butler?

I would imagine the would want a budding star/young player along with picks.KO is a career role player at best so i'd imagine they have zero interest in him. Maybe if it was Giannis (like DA should have taken) then yh its possible. BUt imagine if Cs actually got Giannis, he would be officially untouchable trade wise unless he was landing a player in the Lebron, Durant caliber

Also The Brooklyn picks dont mean much  given:

-We are still unsure were it will land
-The upcoming drafts are not stacked with talent

I imagine if Cs are ever to trade for a stud, they will have to surrender almost all the BK picks. Given the uncertainty of the picks, 1 or 2 is not going to be enough to get a stud

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 12:06:44 PM »

Online timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
actually I see DWade in his future - if he gets more aggressive in driving to the basket and drawing fouls.....

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 12:14:47 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
If the Bulls decide to "blow it up,"  I would think they would look to trade Rose, Noah and/or Gasol instead. 

Jimmy Butler is the future in Chicago. 

Not saying I wouldn't love to have him.  He'd be an awesome Celtic, I just see them building around him in the Windy City.

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 01:25:33 PM »

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 27
I'm fairly confident Chicago's management realizes Jimmy Butler is more valuable than Derrick Rose at present. Rose is injury-riddled and seems like a former shell of himself. Butler is on the rise offensively and has great defensive versatility.

In my opinion, Boston doesn't have a shot at Butler because he is basically untouchable in Chicago's eyes.

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 01:26:55 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Pretty sure Rozier was drafted with the idea of Rozier being a Celtic.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2015, 01:48:46 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
If the Bulls decide to "blow it up,"  I would think they would look to trade Rose, Noah and/or Gasol instead. 

Not saying I wouldn't love to have him.  He'd be an awesome Celtic, I just see them building around him in the Windy City.
There was a thread on this, and I suggested that Butler would be the guy that could give Chicago the greatest return and thus might be the guy to move, especially with his nice long contract.  I just can't see them keeping Butler, moving everyone else of note, and going into full on rebuilding.  That would only create an unhappy player and would diminish his value. 

If they really are going to rebuild they almost have to move Butler.  Now if it is just Butler and Rose not getting along, and one has to go then moving Rose would make more sense.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2015, 01:58:15 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

There was a thread on this, and I suggested that Butler would be the guy that could give Chicago the greatest return and thus might be the guy to move, especially with his nice long contract.  I just can't see them keeping Butler, moving everyone else of note, and going into full on rebuilding.  That would only create an unhappy player and would diminish his value. 

If they really are going to rebuild they almost have to move Butler.  Now if it is just Butler and Rose not getting along, and one has to go then moving Rose would make more sense.

I feel like Butler, Mirotic, Portis, McBuckets, and Snell isn't a terrible young core to start with.  Looks more promising than a lot of the younger cores in the league.

They could probably get a decent return to further expedite the re-build for, say, Joakim Noah. 

I don't think Jimmy'd be all that unhappy if he thought that the team was heading in the right direction with himself as the leader and key building block. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2015, 02:39:24 AM »

Offline redrobot

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4
Why would the Bulls blow it up now? Wouldn't they wait to see what Rose looks likes first? He hasn't played a full season since 10-11 and is owed north of $40M over the next 2 years. If he looks healthy and shows some semblance of his former self this year than they're cool - if not, they're going to be looking to replace him next season.

But PG is one of the most well stocked positions in the league right now, and there will be plenty of candidates coming up in this year's draft too. Why would they ditch a young star they just locked up long-term?