Author Topic: the marketing and building the brad stevens mystique-  (Read 2549 times)

Re: the marketing and building the brad stevens mystique-
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2015, 01:09:29 PM »

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 27
He's been a great coach so far

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2015, 01:46:12 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
Yeah, like we can just brainwash big ego players to join a white coach, who has no rings and didn't play in the league. That's three strikes in the modern NBA.

Love BS to death, but I fear modern players won't be feeling it, unless they are drafted by him.

Popovich alone didn't get LMA to sign there, and he is by far the best in the league. So unless some new trend comes around, I don't see it.

So a black guy will only sign on to a team with a black oach? Is this the point you are trying to make?

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2015, 02:43:27 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
Yeah, like we can just brainwash big ego players to join a white coach, who has no rings and didn't play in the league. That's three strikes in the modern NBA.

Love BS to death, but I fear modern players won't be feeling it, unless they are drafted by him.

Popovich alone didn't get LMA to sign there, and he is by far the best in the league. So unless some new trend comes around, I don't see it.
With superstars you may be right, but Stevens has also proven that players he works with improve - and in the NBA improving your skills likely means more money.  So that should get the attention of the a lot of players, some of whom may be on track to turn into All Stars.

Whether Brad would be the difference or not, who knows, but perception is what really matters when you're marketing your team to potential free agents.