Would you trade Young Turner Dragic for Bennett

Yes
4 (10.5%)
No
27 (71.1%)
Yes without Young
7 (18.4%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Poll: Young and Turner for Anthony Bennett  (Read 3404 times)

Poll: Young and Turner for Anthony Bennett
« on: August 02, 2015, 04:57:04 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 This trade works in the trade machine. Here the roster to 15. Bennett would be on the books one more year after this one.
 Not an exciting trade but would make room for Perry Jones. Would you do it.

Re: Poll: Young and Turner for Anthony Bennett
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 05:05:45 AM »

Offline DavorCroatiaFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 97
Only if Wolves reduce pick protection from top 12 to top 3
No1 Celtics fan in Croatia

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 05:50:11 AM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
thats just awful...

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 06:26:42 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I wouldn't have him for a 2nd rounder
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 08:09:09 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Turner

For

a bag of toothpicks

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 09:42:12 AM »

Offline TheGreenMonster

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 40
Dragic on his own for Bennett and that is about it, and that is only if Minnesota throw in money to pay his wage too.

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 09:52:05 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Bennett and Sully on the same team could be bad for their weights.   Also, Bennet has been almost a total bust up to this point.  Are you a MIN fan?

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 10:12:03 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
How about Turner ($3.4M) and Dragic ($2.0M) plus a second rounder for Bennett ($5.8M).  (I know, there is probably a trade rule that won't allow this but maybe there is a clever way to structure it to work).

Then Philly can trade Turner for another second at some point if he is not helping (which he probably won't) and maybe keep Dragic.  Two seconds for Bennett is not bad at this point and we trade two players we don't need for one that has more chance (albeit small) of becoming a player we can use.

And there is one poster (I can't remember who) who will be very happy that we have Bennett.

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 10:14:15 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
How about Turner ($3.4M) and Dragic ($2.0M) plus a second rounder for Bennett ($5.8M).  (I know, there is probably a trade rule that won't allow this but maybe there is a clever way to structure it to work).

Then Philly can trade Turner for another second at some point if he is not helping (which he probably won't) and maybe keep Dragic.  Two seconds for Bennett is not bad at this point and we trade two players we don't need for one that has more chance (albeit small) of becoming a player we can use.

And there is one poster (I can't remember who) who will be very happy that we have Bennett.

There is no trade rule that prevents this trade.  I don't think Anthony Bennett has a role on this team however, and would be useless it acquire.

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 10:27:21 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860

There is no trade rule that prevents this trade.  I don't think Anthony Bennett has a role on this team however, and would be useless it acquire.

Thanks for clarifying the trade rule.

Regarding your comment about the role for Bennett.  Are you suggesting Turner and Dragic do have a role of any significant importance or ever will?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 10:45:42 AM by Vermont Green »

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 11:12:13 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Some guys thought Fab Melo would be great too, one poster liking a player does not a good player make.

I find the second deal more palatable with the second rounder.  But I still think your trading Young and Turner ( and Young might never pan out but he is only 19) for one of the worst number one picks ever.

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 11:39:52 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

Regarding your comment about the role for Bennett.  Are you suggesting Turner and Dragic do have a role of any significant importance or ever will?

Nah, I think he's just saying a trade that's effectively just shuffling broken deck chairs isn't worth it given that the Celtics already have a plethora of power forwards (and guys who can switch to power forward) ranging from not all that good to decent.

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2015, 12:35:37 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

Turner played 27 minutes per game last year for the Celtics. I would say that by any definition that's significant role. I'd also say that Turner is a better fit for this team considering he can contribute at SF and even PG (in a pinch) whereas Bennett would only be able to assist at SF considering the logjam already at PF.

As for the original trade offer, I have to wonder if some people on this board are really that clueless or did they just have a momentary lapse of reason. Give up a 19 year old 1st rounder after one year and a 26 year old guy who contributed heavy minutes last year for a 22 year old who has shown nothing in two years and who has a reputation for being lazy and unmotivated? Who in their right mind would want to do that? Finally, Bennett's supposed "2nd year" is a $7m option that has to be exercised by October and it's going to be essentially impossible to prove that he deserves that before the option is due. So he's really just a one year rental.

This is even worse than many of the "trade Wallace" threads I've seen the past two years where people wanted to give away 1st round picks just to get rid of Wallace with no plan to use the cap space created by such a deal. While some of us preached patience and said that Wallace's salary would actually become an asset, others wanted to give the farm away. Now we flipped Wallace for someone who may actually be useful! Knee-jerk reactions usually don't make good trade offers...
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2015, 01:03:30 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I think right now Bennett is worth a second round pick. Perhaps a heavily protected first. Minnesota traded a lottery protected first round pick for Payne and in my opinion, and others such as Zach Lowe, that was too much. I can understand why you would make this trade offer if your a Bennett fan because Young did nothing his rookie year and a lot of people want to trade Turner. But Turner is a solid role player with point forward skills. I like Young and would not make this trade. I don't rate Bennett very high tho.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 02:15:33 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
One would say, "your smoking to much of your own product"