Author Topic: Turner Young and first for Kidd Gilchrist  (Read 3447 times)

Turner Young and first for Kidd Gilchrist
« on: August 02, 2015, 03:55:42 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Also throw in dragic and that would clear up our roster to 15 contracts without Thornton.
 If Charlotte does not want to pay Kidd Gilchrist major dollars for a SF that averaged 0.0 3pa per game, than they should take a look at this package.
 For the Celtics it lets us take a good look at a 21 year  former number two pick that can't shoot, but he's a tremendous defender and rebounder and we would actually have three SF's that physically can match up with almost anyone.
 Roster would be set for this year.

Zeller Amir Mickey
 Sully Lee Kelly JJ
 MKG Crowder Jones
 Bradley Hunter Rozier
 Smart Thomas

Bam best team ever.

Re: Turner Young and first for Kidd Gilchrist
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 03:59:19 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Small ball Defensive lineup

Amir
Crowder
MKG
Bradley
Smart

Pretty nasty.

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 04:20:18 AM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
Don't get me wrong I love mkg's style of play, but his shot is a major weakness.
I don't know if he will ever have a respectable jump shot, and at this point our other players don't shoot well enough to hide him on offense.
But maybe if he is attainable for cheap we should give him the chance to prove me/us wrong  ;)
Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Dragic, Ball, Carter
SG: Temple, KCP, Holiday, Washburn
SF: Richardson, Anderson, Parsons, Casspi
PF: Jackson jr, Beasley, Watanabe
C: Adebayo, Green, Noah
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 04:32:53 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I think the hornets look at Mkg as their most valuable player. He's an elite defender and no player made a bigger impact on their team last year than Mkg.  Can't see them moving him.

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 08:21:48 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
The fans love that guy .....he is their great hope ....I doubt they let him go.

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 09:23:01 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I live near Charlotte and MJ would NEVER trade MKG or the fans would stop coming to games and all MJ cares about is lining his pockets.

Smitty77

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 09:49:37 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
MKG is kind of underwhelming too.

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 09:52:10 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

Agreed.

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 09:53:31 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Also throw in dragic and that would clear up our roster to 15 contracts without Thornton.
 If Charlotte does not want to pay Kidd Gilchrist major dollars for a SF that averaged 0.0 3pa per game, than they should take a look at this package.
 For the Celtics it lets us take a good look at a 21 year  former number two pick that can't shoot, but he's a tremendous defender and rebounder and we would actually have three SF's that physically can match up with almost anyone.
 Roster would be set for this year.

Zeller Amir Mickey
 Sully Lee Kelly JJ
 MKG Crowder Jones
 Bradley Hunter Rozier
 Smart Thomas

Bam best team ever.

The last thing the C's need is more players who can't shoot.

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 10:00:19 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
MKG is still riding his 'potential' as a #2 pick, but that will be over in a couple of years. Sure he can rebound, but he can't shoot and doesn't pass. I am considerably happier with Crowder than I would be with MKG

Turner is also a former #2 pick who was seen to have similar potential until his final year in Philly and his crash and burn in Indy. He then went out and had a very good year on a playoff team this past year. I am not saying Turner is definitely better than MKG - I get it, MKG is a great defender, but he is never going to be the caliber player he was expected to be.

Throwing in Young and a (low) first sounds fair from our side, but I am not sure this trade really works for either team. We need shooters and Charlotte is in no rush to trade their greatest hope (which is a lesser Smart, in my opinion).

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 10:39:01 AM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 244
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
i didn't know he was that important..

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 11:58:19 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Agreed.

MKG is arguably one of the top 5 wing defenders in the league.  He is that good defensively.

Smitty77

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2015, 12:08:50 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
i didn't know he was that important..

He is on the Hornets blogs.....

I see posts all the time ...blow up the team , fire the coach .....but keep MKG

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2015, 12:51:16 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
I live near Charlotte and MJ would NEVER trade MKG or the fans would stop coming to games and all MJ cares about is lining his pockets.

Smitty77

You're right that MJ only cares about lining his pockets. But with the buzz (literally) about being the Hornets still around, he could probably get away with it if he wanted to.

But I don't see this trade helping either team really. The Hornets lose a really strong player for them - a guy who helps make up for some of the other mediocre defenders on that team. They get Turner, who might be an ok fit but not great; Young who can't be counted on to do anything this year; and a future 1st and MJ has already shown that he's not that into draft picks (he likes instant gratification).

As for the Cs, MKG would be an upgrade. But how much of one?

Player A: 29 minutes, 11 points, 7.5 rebounds, 1.5 assists, .5 steals, great D, eFG of .465
Player B: 24 minutes, 10 points, 4.5 rebounds, 1.5 assists, 1 steal, great D, eFG of .469

You don't get much closer in stats than that. Especially when the players are the same size (height and weight) and play the same position. Of course, A is MKG and B is Crowder once he came to the Celtics. Crowder is 3 years older but both have 3 years under their belts in the NBA. So unless he makes "the leap", MKG isn't a massive upgrade. So why trade for him when a guy who can give you 90+% of the same production would be relegated to the bench if you do make that move?
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2015, 12:57:48 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I know MKG is an elite defender and a bad shooter but how is he at attacking the rim? Does he draw a lot of free throw attempts? Does he finish well at the rim? Is he a good passer? Ball handler?

I ask because he will be a restricted free agent. Charlotte won't want to trade him but anything can happen in free agency
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio