Would you trade a Turner and Young for Bradley Beal

Yes Sir
26 (63.4%)
No mam
6 (14.6%)
What you talking about Willis
9 (22%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Poll: Would you make this Evan Turner trade  (Read 3743 times)

Re: Poll: Would you make this Evan Turner trade
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2015, 02:49:21 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
No kidding. No Turner trades are realistic, nobody wants him.

.....except for one very important (to Ainge) person: CBS.

ET is CBS' binky.

Sorry to disappoint all of you who want to trade ET, but he appears to be worth more to CBS than to the rest of the league. To me that means that he stays for the  foreseeable future.

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2015, 03:01:57 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
No kidding. No Turner trades are realistic, nobody wants him.

.....except for one very important (to Ainge) person: CBS.

ET is CBS' binky.

Sorry to disappoint all of you who want to trade ET, but he appears to be worth more to CBS than to the rest of the league. To me that means that he stays for the  foreseeable future.

Based on what?  The fact that he got playing time last year?

I think that had more to do with our starting point guard being a rookie and our starting shooting guard having granite blocks for hands.

The only reason I think he's in line for playing time this year is that we have only one competent small forward on the roster.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2015, 03:19:09 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
If Evan Turner is CBS's favorite player on our roster I have no problem rooting for him to return to the NCAA, because ET is not conducive to good team basketball the way (ostensibly) Stevens has the C's looking to play.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2015, 03:31:34 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Just from casual observation and anecdotally, ET and CBS seem pretty tight.

From ET being at Summer League with Stevens and his son to their (ET and Stevens) trip to Africa together, to articles like this (http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2015/04/boston_celtics_notes_evan_turn_4.html)  during the season, there seems to be a pretty strong connection there.

Also, it could be argued that ET's successes with the Cs this year are a testament to CBS. ET, the reclamation project, is as much attributable to CBS as it was to Ainge and even ET.

Ultimately, it's going to be ET's versatility, a trait with which CBS is generally enamored, that will keep him here longer than some think.

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2015, 03:38:51 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
The man can't remember to gas up his ferarri I have my doubts about his ability to ever contribute to a successful NBA team.

And no that 76ers team that rode luck past the bulls doesn't count.

Also if you wouldn't trade ET and Young for Bradley Beal I would suggest actually watching a Wizards game this upcoming season.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2015, 11:33:49 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Smoke another one brother

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2015, 11:55:42 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
ridiculously in favor of the C's so I can only surmise this was posted to get just those types of reactions from people.