Author Topic: Marcus Morris  (Read 3550 times)

Marcus Morris
« on: August 01, 2015, 11:01:13 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Danny really missed out on MM in my humble opinion!!!  The Pistons got him for NOTHING and we could have had him for NOTHING as well!!  Career 36.3% three point shooter!!!

He could have been our starting SF if he could have beaten out Crowder!!!

Smitty77

P.S.  Very nice move by the Pistons that will help them.

Re: Marcus Morris
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 11:07:42 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
how is his defense?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 11:50:24 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Seemed to be a bad locker room presence.  Danny's made it clear that this team doesn't tolerate morons in the locker room or in the public.  Past teams might had, but not a young one trying to build work ethic.  I think he's got some assault charges pending in Phoenix too.

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 12:31:33 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Seemed to be a bad locker room presence.  Danny's made it clear that this team doesn't tolerate morons in the locker room or in the public.  Past teams might had, but not a young one trying to build work ethic.  I think he's got some assault charges pending in Phoenix too.

I have NEVER heard about him being a locker room presence.  Thanks for the info about the assault however.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12735869/marcus-morris-markieff-morris-phoenix-suns-charged-felony-assault

Sounds like this guy might have sent an inappropriate text message to the Morris' twins' mother and it also sounds like perhaps they were NOT directly involved in the assault. 

"The case was submitted to a grand jury on April 10, which resulted in a court summons to appear for Marcus and Markieff Morris and warrants for Kane, Bowman and Melendez."

A court summons for the twins, but warrants for the other three.  Sounds different to me!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 12:41:45 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

I have NEVER heard about him being a locker room presence.  Thanks for the info about the assault however.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12735869/marcus-morris-markieff-morris-phoenix-suns-charged-felony-assault

Sounds like this guy might have sent an inappropriate text message to the Morris' twins' mother and it also sounds like perhaps they were NOT directly involved in the assault. 

"The case was submitted to a grand jury on April 10, which resulted in a court summons to appear for Marcus and Markieff Morris and warrants for Kane, Bowman and Melendez."

A court summons for the twins, but warrants for the other three.  Sounds different to me!!!

Smitty77

They were apparently charged with something related to the assault. And, sending an "inappropriate text message" doesn't justify a ganged-up beating.

I'll pass.

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 02:02:17 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77

They were apparently charged with something related to the assault. And, sending an "inappropriate text message" doesn't justify a ganged-up beating.

I'll pass.

I agree that we should pass given that they likely put their "friends" up to it.  We don't know the entire story and I would prefer to let justice take its course prior to passing judgment.  We have soon far too many highly publicized (not that this is one of them) cases judged in the communities and news media only to be proven to be utter and outright LIES and exaggerations.

Smitty77

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 03:21:19 PM »

Offline I told you so

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
If you want some entertaining reading on the current antics of the Morris twins, especially Marcus, there are a couple of front page posts on the Suns' community blog page: http://brightsideofthesun.com.  Marcus apparently flipped and went viral on Twitter after being separated from brother Markieff.  Looks like he's both a head case AND a court case.  Be glad he's the Pistons' problem and not ours.

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 04:50:50 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think there's a solid chance the Pistons are better than us this year. 

Ilyasova and Morris are two very nice additions for them if they're healthy, plus they got Stanley Johnson, who I think is going to be pretty good.

Yeah, Morris has some attitude question-marks, but his shooting and size on the wing are very much needed for that team.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2015, 05:19:01 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Ilyasova and Morris are two very nice additions for them if they're healthy, plus they got Stanley Johnson, who I think is going to be pretty good.

Yeah, Morris has some attitude question-marks, but his shooting and size on the wing are very much needed for that team.

I totally disagree.  They lost Monroe and paying Jackson that RIDICULOUS contract was asinine!!!!  Ilyasova is OK, and that is all!!!!  He is the 51st ranked PF in real plus minus and is 90th out of 95 PF's in real plus minus defense.  I take that back.  He is NOT even OK.

There should be NO WAY on earth that the Pistons are better than we are.  If that happens, people will be calling for Brad's and Danny's heads on platters!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 05:52:15 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I totally disagree.  They lost Monroe and paying Jackson that RIDICULOUS contract was asinine!!!!  Ilyasova is OK, and that is all!!!!  He is the 51st ranked PF in real plus minus and is 90th out of 95 PF's in real plus minus defense.  I take that back.  He is NOT even OK.

There should be NO WAY on earth that the Pistons are better than we are.  If that happens, people will be calling for Brad's and Danny's heads on platters!!!

Smitty77

The Pistons have an elite rebounder and shotblocker at center and just added three quality shooters with good size to play on the wing / stretch 4, to go with a quality drive and kick point guard.  They have some depth issues, but they can field a starting 5 that is tougher inside and with better size and shooting on the wing.

I'm not saying the Pistons will be better.  I'm suggesting that they could be.  I like the moves they've made this off-season to build a team that fits nicely around their young star center.  SVG is building that team as a modern update on what he had with Dwight Howard in Orlando.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2015, 05:58:29 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Smitty77

The Pistons have an elite rebounder and shotblocker at center and just added three quality shooters with good size to play on the wing / stretch 4, to go with a quality drive and kick point guard.  They have some depth issues, but they can field a starting 5 that is tougher inside and with better size and shooting on the wing.

I'm not saying the Pistons will be better.  I'm suggesting that they could be.  I like the moves they've made this off-season to build a team that fits nicely around their young star center.  SVG is building that team as a modern update on what he had with Dwight Howard in Orlando.

Eh It depends if Stanley Johnson is good from the get go, Jackson can continue his excellent performance. and Drummond is no Dwight Howard.

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2015, 06:40:40 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77

Eh It depends if Stanley Johnson is good from the get go, Jackson can continue his excellent performance. and Drummond is no Dwight Howard.

I hope to goodness that you are NOT counting Reggie Jackson as one of the three quality shooters.  He has shot 29.4% from three for his career!!!!  Ilyasova is a very good three point shooter, but as I mentioned, he is one of the worst five defensive PF's in the entire league!!!!  And let us NOT forget that Drummond shot 38.9% from the FT line last year and has a career FT% of 39.7.

Are you a Pistons' fan or what????????????:-)))))

Smitty77

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2015, 06:47:15 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/07/16/nba-standings-predictions-hornets-thunder-celtics-blazers-mavericks

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2015, 06:57:06 PM »

Offline Bdiddy

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
How was a cast off from Phoenix going to help us? I swear I do not understand how so many on this board overrate other team's players and underrate our own. The C's are ONE go to scorer away from being a legit contender in the East and Marcus Morris is certainly not that.