Author Topic: perry jones-one BIG problem,making space  (Read 5627 times)

perry jones-one BIG problem,making space
« on: August 01, 2015, 04:20:20 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
This type of athlete comes along every so often and his situation has been clouded with his time in okc ,the celts may unlock whats there but have only a short time to make this appraisal
 Does he get waived or who else will go
Perry seems too young ,to just give up on,he had arthoscopic surgery so maybe his knee issues are over with,Can brad and young core motivate him
,As fans we have little feedback,is he in waltham,what is he doing now,no updates from ainge and the threat of trades compounded by sully's free agency and weight-
You read posts of how much that wcs could demand or how the celts should have gone after robert upshaw and then there is holmes who shot mid 40's from 3 in summer league
you know this guy can score 30 on clippers
-so we now have an athletic ,young player with a few years nba experience of traveling,practice with and against durant and westbrook, handling money,amount of games in season ,injuries and sitting
that was valuable time of sorts-BUT he may be a catalyst for a move as fans we don't LIKE
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 06:09:06 AM by rollie mass »

Re: perry jones-one BIG problem,making space
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 06:07:08 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
 i remember when i was playing for rollie massimino and a 6-10 but soft 250 lb black kid moved to town-the football coach thought he had died and gone to heaven,rollie must have seen a state championship
 this nice quiet giant was jammed into football uniform and stunk,really stunk -then at basketball he was hopeless and cut-i met him 5yrs later and he was an accomplished journalist
-he never wanted to play sports and his father an engineer had never pushed him,the stereotype and expectations along with the great coach we had-  just didn't work out
 BUT ronnie lee a  young boy in a mans body  moved to our suburbian town to be coached by rollie, he became all state, a college all american and made it to nba -i could beat him one on one BUT i was years older
i hope perry finds what he wants in boston

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 07:22:59 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
perry jones 111 while at a sports testing clinic and was having vertical tested and showing just average then jumped 41.5 the testers asked him what was different he said he had a lightbulb moment-ahh crap perry likes cartoons

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 08:10:50 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Trading

ET

Is the

Right thing

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 08:36:20 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
-BUT he may be a catalyst for a move as fans we don't LIKE

Thing is Ainge does not care if we like a move or not.   He also sees the big picture and has a long term view.

Jones is going to get a shot, that is all a guy can ask for, either he takes charge of his fate or he does not.  CBS will take him if he earns a spot.   I think some more of the rooks will end up in Maine than people think.

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 09:08:43 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Trading

ET

Is the

Right thing

Certainly not to start the year--when they likely need him at point.

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 09:42:20 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Trading

ET

Is the

Right thing

Certainly not to start the year--when they likely need him at point.

I think Smart and IT can handle the point right now, this may have been more ture last season, but Smart had shown in the small glimpse of SL that he's working on his PG skills and had already gotten better. He has two month now to bust his but for preseason. IT can handle the point to if Smart can't. We're fine right now, we need to get stronger at the wings.

Too bad he wasn't more D oriented, he's got KG like body and could play a quick center position if he could block shots and rebound. At 6'11" it would be nice to have an athletic big that could stretch the floor on offense and close the gap on defense. Maybe this is what DA and Stevens are hoping to do with him, but he doesn't seem to like the contact.

DA will bundle a bunch of guys to get a player or even a few picks. He's not the type of GM just to let guys go for nothing, even if its for a bag of Dorito's.

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 10:23:29 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
i remember when i was playing for rollie massimino and a 6-10 but soft 250 lb black kid moved to town-the football coach thought he had died and gone to heaven,rollie must have seen a state championship
 this nice quiet giant was jammed into football uniform and stunk,really stunk -then at basketball he was hopeless and cut-i met him 5yrs later and he was an accomplished journalist
-he never wanted to play sports and his father an engineer had never pushed him,the stereotype and expectations along with the great coach we had-  just didn't work out
 BUT ronnie lee a  young boy in a mans body  moved to our suburbian town to be coached by rollie, he became all state, a college all american and made it to nba -i could beat him one on one BUT i was years older
i hope perry finds what he wants in boston

Rollie, I really enjoy your old school stories on this forum, keep up the good work!
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 01:42:05 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
We don't know if Smart can run the O yet. He really couldn't last year. The point of this offseason is to maximize our wins for this coming season. Sure Lee and Johnson are not the biggest names, but you can see the direction(ie we didn't get worse or trade away talent.) Soooo.. if we want to win, we probably have to keep ET until Smart can step up on O.

Right now we have 2 guys who can get the ball up the court and set up the O, IT and ET. For example, even if we could trade ET for someone much more talented, Melo or Cousins or Love. Yes the talent would go up but the win total might not go up as much as you think because aside from IT we would have no one to set up the O. My point is just we need ET a little longer.

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 01:09:03 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Isaiah Thomas and Jared Sullinger are my top candidates to be moved. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 01:43:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
E T .....

Doesn't belong on this team.l...his job can be done my any number of young players.

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 02:07:02 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
PJ3 is a beanpole.  It's unclear if he can really be a useful NBA player.  There's no sense in getting concerned about clearing a roster spot for him.

If he truly wows in training camp, then perhaps it'll happen.  Most likely, he gets cut.

Would you rather keep PJ3 or Jordan Mickey?  Because that's probably the choice here. 
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2015, 02:14:17 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
jerebko is a slasher and stretches the floor,outside of isiah ,evan is the only other creative guy off the dribble that can navigate in the paint,evan is still what 26 durable and rebounds-marcus gets injured or isiah or crowder-both our new guys have a history, along with perry-
with the celts style of backcourt d  there will be an attrition of jammed fingers, wrists,  hamstring pulls and sprained ankles-
marcus has yet to navigate or post up,evan's growth was stunted in philly and indiana, why trade him just coming into his productive years-

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2015, 02:22:26 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
PJ3 is a beanpole.  It's unclear if he can really be a useful NBA player.  There's no sense in getting concerned about clearing a roster spot for him.

If he truly wows in training camp, then perhaps it'll happen.  Most likely, he gets cut.

Would you rather keep PJ3 or Jordan Mickey?  Because that's probably the choice here.

This.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2015, 02:27:52 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

i would include rj hunter in that "bubble crowd." if he cant show that his summer league performance translates to the nba level i could see him being cut as well.

plus, maine should field a pretty good team this year with 2-3 members of these celtics on their team.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva