Author Topic: The AB / Olynyk Turner & picks thread  (Read 1430 times)

The AB / Olynyk Turner & picks thread
« on: August 01, 2015, 01:18:22 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Seems like this is the most popular idea on offer.   Question though. 

What team could really use this package?

Re: The AB / Olynyk Turner & picks thread
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 07:08:12 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
The C's could well use all three this year--and KO likely for the next decade.

They still need ET's ball handling and AB's their best experienced SG right now.

KO is grossly underestimated on this board and developing nicely despite having played out of position all last year. He's probably the best player to pair with Amir, who is probably their best big man to start this season.

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 09:05:52 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

There are a lot of teams that would like AB.

KO is grossly underestimated on this board and developing nicely despite having played out of position all last year. He's probably the best player to pair with Amir, who is probably their best big man to start this season.

Must be nice to live in the Clouds.   I agree, he will play well with Amir but some of that is due to his weaknesses as well as his strength.   The only stat that supports this assertion is RPM, bear in mind KO was our best big in that stat.   That being said he was quite belong where the good players of the league are in that stat.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM

Zaza Pachulia also did well at that stat.  He was 16th, KO was 33rd.  Curry was 1st, LeBron 2nd and Harden was 3rd.

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 09:10:39 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Must be nice to live in the Clouds.   I agree, he will play well with Amir but some of that is due to his weaknesses as well as his strength.   The only stat that supports this assertion is RPM, bear in mind KO was our best big in that stat.   That being said he was quite belong where the good players of the league are in that stat.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM

Zaza Pachulia also did well at that stat.  He was 16th, KO was 33rd.  Curry was 1st, LeBron 2nd and Harden was 3rd.

KO wasn't just our best big, but also our best player, with that stat.

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 10:15:38 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
KO wasn't just our best big, but also our best player, with that stat.

That ought to show you how absurd that stat is.

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 10:28:50 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

I agree, I like AB, I just don't know how much he fits currently onto this team with his lack of ball handling skills.  I would hate to give him up for nothing though as he brings other skills to the table, but for now his best role might be coming off of the bench with IT.  In order for that to happen someone else would need to step up and take his spot (Hunter, Rozier, Young) which I hope they do as it shows how good they are.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 11:50:54 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

I agree, I like AB, I just don't know how much he fits currently onto this team with his lack of ball handling skills.  I would hate to give him up for nothing though as he brings other skills to the table, but for now his best role might be coming off of the bench with IT.  In order for that to happen someone else would need to step up and take his spot (Hunter, Rozier, Young) which I hope they do as it shows how good they are.

Th guy to take AB's spot is actually Marcus Smart, just as AB took To y Allen's spot. Smart has TA's physical D and Bradley's quickness. He's the keeper.

Which is why Bradley can be traded without missing a beat.

Frankly, Turner would be the hardest to replace of th bunch. I'd guess a trade would be to bring in a better wing than Turner, which is he only thing that makes sense.

Not that anything has to make sense at this point.

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 02:16:08 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Seems like this is the most popular idea on offer.   Question though. 

Celtics