Author Topic: Oly, AB, and Turner for 1st rounder, C. Zeller, and M. Williams  (Read 1596 times)

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6610102

The Hornets would have to throw in a top 8 protected first rounder.

We are taking Williams AWFUL contract off the Hornets' hands and they are getting a one-time All-NBA Defensive player in Avery.  Turner can play three positions on a VERY reasonable contract and there is NO more Lance for him to fight with (see the Pacer brawl for details).  I think KO and Z are washes.  We do this to get a look a Zeller and pair him with his brother and to get outside shooting from Marvin (and not to mention an expiring, most importantly) and we reduce our roster by one, allowing us more roster flexibility and we get yet another first rounder.

Incoming Players
   Avery Bradley
24 year old, 6-2, 180 lb PG from Texas
No games yet played in 2015-2016
   Evan Turner
26 year old, 6-7, 205 lb GF from Ohio State
   Kelly Olynyk
24 year old, 7-0, 238 lb C from Gonzaga
Outgoing Players
   Marvin Williams
29 year old, 6-9, 237 lb SF from North Carolina
   Cody Zeller
22 year old, 7-0, 240 lb F from Indiana
Boston Celtics Trade Breakdown

Re: Oly, AB, and Turner for 1st rounder, C. Zeller, and M. Williams
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 09:45:51 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
1. KO = Zeller
2. AB and Turner won't get us a Durant but they shouldn't be throw in pieces to an average trade.
3. What years pick? Do we need more picks? I also think the Hornets can get into the playoffs each year so acquiring a first from them while making them better won't help us.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 09:51:10 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Wait, so, basically we make this trade to be able to put two Zellers on the floor at once?

No thanks.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 09:53:17 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Wait, so, basically we make this trade to be able to put two Zellers on the floor at once?

No thanks.

Same here.

I thought this trade actually happened with the title. Lol FYI- you may want to put "idea" in the subject line.

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 09:53:44 AM »

Offline I told you so

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
My advice to you young man, is to stay away away from the basketball.realgm.com trade checker

Because that is one unfathomable swap you came up with here.

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 10:13:16 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Aren't trades supposed to help us?  I'm not sure this one would.

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 10:55:37 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I firmly disagree that Charlotte is a regular playoff team.  That is as ridiculous as some of your overreactions to my proposal.  Al Jefferson is GONE at the end of this year, IF not before.  Batum may walk and they just gave up a decent SG (especially defensively in Hendo) and a very young big man with HUGE up side in Vonleh.  This team is going NOWHERE in a hurry.  Thank you MJ!!!  Perhaps this puts them into the playoffs THIS year.  Who cares in the long run.  We should be in as well this year!!  I would make this pick for 2017 top six protected, or 2018 top four protected, etc.

Cody Zeller sets some of the best screens (a lost and UNDER APPRECIATED ART) in the NBA and is #5 at PF in ESPN's real plus minus.  I personally HATE Marvin and his game, but he does give us excellent three point shooting and he can play SF (which we would NEED him to) and could start there for us.  But, most importantly, he is an expiring!!!!!!!

This is NOT as crazy as it sounds. 

BTW, thanks to someone for calling me a "young man:-)))"  I am 50 and ancient:-)))

Smitty77

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 11:08:34 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

No thanks.

Come on, that would be kinda fun.

I think this trade idea could have merit if it weren't for the fact that Charlotte is basically in the same spot as us, now.  They have a lot of players but very few of them are particularly good.  Oly is wholly redundant with the guy they infamously took at #9.  AB could be decent for them, though he'd make a tiny backcourt with Kemba.

Basically, you're offering Charlotte depth they're unlikely to be able to use, so there's not a lot to gain for them.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 12:25:36 PM »

Offline GzUP617

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 12
 OP this is a nonstarter for us,  This might rival Isiah Thomas level Gm'ing though.

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 12:37:02 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
no, just no.

no good reason to give up 3 good rotation players for Marvin (the pick that will haunt the Hawks for another decade) Williams and Cody (the lesser) Zeller.  If we can't get Charlotte to give up a #9 pick in exchange for a load of assets because they have a mad-on to draft a guy they hope will be as good as KO, there's no way they're giving us a pick in that deal. 

We're sending out the 3 best players in the deal.  how is this a win for us?

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 01:39:35 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
When it is difficult to make a strong case why we need these players plus another 1st round pick to add to our collection, it seems like it's time to construct a new trade proposal involving completely different players.