Author Topic: hope perry enjoys boston-a new beginning  (Read 673 times)

hope perry enjoys boston-a new beginning
« on: July 31, 2015, 05:59:10 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
from reading perrys past, i hope the transition to boston is easier for him
he is surrounded  with younger players and no superstars
boston style of play positionless and defence oriented may suit his skills
went back to baylor to mature ,boston can seem like one big campus a young city open minded
a diverse makeup  and knowlegeable sports fans
a young patient coach who positions players for success,first class organization
perry arrived looking for new beginning-right place right time

Re: hope perry enjoys boston-a new beginning
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 08:53:52 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I always find it interesting when a player like Perry get's another shot at finding a basketball home. He entered the league playing behind one of the best players in the league, with little chance to develop and gain any confidence. I don't know if he's gonna stay and find success, or if he'll be let go, but I'll be hoping for the best, for the team and for him.

Lucky for him he came at a good time, to the right organization, on the right team, with the perfect coach for him to succeed. He certainly has the tools, now the balls in his hands.

Re: hope perry enjoys boston-a new beginning
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 06:21:47 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
He seems like a prototype reclamation project. He's still young, still very talented, his previous team wasn't a good fit and had established players at his position already... I'm optimistic.

Watching highlights of him the other day, I was struck by his obvious talent but also by his terrible footwork. A lot of the shots he was making in the highlights involved him twisting around or shooting sideways because he wasn't squared up. Since it was a highlight package, he was making those shots but if I were the coaching staff, I'd be working showing him lots and lots of tape of old Jordan and Kobe. He's just so skilled, but I can see why he hasn't put it together yet.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008