Author Topic: What kind of minutes/role do you expect from each of our rookies?  (Read 1793 times)

Re: What kind of minutes/role do you expect from each of our rookies?
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2015, 01:04:04 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
My prediction is that Maine wins the developmental league championship.
hey, a championship is a championship. i will take what we can get.  ;D

honestly, rozier, hunter, and mickey will rack up most of their minutes in the dleague, with cameos in the big show. which is a good thing. their current limits and inexperience will not get them enough minutes in boston to learn and develop, let alone contribute significantly.

let them practice together and kill it in the dleague for a year. they will be much, much better prepared to help out a year from now.

I missed the summer league so i cant really make a serious comment here.

still, my feeling is that rozier will take some minutes if only because we need a real ball handler in this roster- IT apart, our best ball handler is ET which is reason for concern.
i think you are correct in saying rozier has the best chance to get minutes in boston. but right now, barring any trades, he may be behind smart, IT, bradley, and turner for minutes. hard to get much playing time there.

but maybe a trade or 12 will solve that problem.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2015, 01:07:45 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
i think you are correct in saying rozier has the best chance to get minutes in boston. but right now, barring any trades, he may be behind smart, IT, bradley, and turner for minutes. hard to get much playing time there.

Sure, never forget who our GM is.

But just think about it, of the four players you mention at least two will be on court any given time. Actually I expect CBS at times to play three of these four together (two guards + ET).

I think Rozier can fit in the rotations provided he can compete at NBA level.

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2015, 01:10:35 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Zero minutes

Even without having guys like Rondo, Green, and Bass, to take their potential playing time away?  Surely Brad's favorite son ;) will play ;D.

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2015, 01:11:38 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
My prediction is that Maine wins the developmental league championship.
hey, a championship is a championship. i will take what we can get.  ;D

honestly, rozier, hunter, and mickey will rack up most of their minutes in the dleague, with cameos in the big show. which is a good thing. their current limits and inexperience will not get them enough minutes in boston to learn and develop, let alone contribute significantly.

let them practice together and kill it in the dleague for a year. they will be much, much better prepared to help out a year from now.

I missed the summer league so i cant really make a serious comment here.

still, my feeling is that rozier will take some minutes if only because we need a real ball handler in this roster- IT apart, our best ball handler is ET which is reason for concern.

No one unpack yet, lol ;D.

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2015, 01:14:18 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Zero minutes

Even without having guys like Rondo, Green, and Bass, to take their potential playing time away?  Surely Brad's favorite son ;) will play ;D.
When Phosita goes full sarcasm mode the only correct answer is

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2015, 01:26:38 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd think they all go to Maine and alternate back but no major PT or impact.

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2015, 02:07:51 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Zero minutes

[img width= height=]http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/15/b8/1355845518_6600_celt2.jpg?itok=cV6I-07v[/img]

« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 02:16:03 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2015, 02:19:34 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Barring injuries, the rookie who plays the most is probably going to be the one with the best defense.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference