Poll

Would you go Full Hinkie mode.

Yes. Hinkie is God.
3 (7%)
No. Hinkie is stupid or something.
40 (93%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: Poll: Who would go Full Hinkie mode If you were the Boss.  (Read 4542 times)

Poll: Who would go Full Hinkie mode If you were the Boss.
« on: July 30, 2015, 03:21:53 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Just saw Phosita make a comment on "Full Hinkie Mode" and it made me laugh. He didn't think many people would go Full Hinkie. So let's see then...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 03:43:00 PM by KG Living Legend »

Re: Poll: Who would go Full Hinkie mode Of you ran things
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 03:23:13 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I think if I had a prospective team blow up on my as spectacularly as the Bynum Sixers did I'd have to consider it.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Re: Poll: Who would go Full Hinkie mode If were in Charge.
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 03:29:21 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
I'm not sure I understand the question (that title, yo), but I'm pretty sure these people went"Full Hinkie"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgDsyj5eLmo

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

Re: Poll: Who would go Full Hinkie mode If were in Charge.
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 03:32:08 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
I mean full 76ers mode. Hinkie is there name of their GM. He is the new Tank expert.

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 03:33:18 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
I think if I had a prospective team blow up on my as spectacularly as the Bynum Sixers did I'd have to consider it.

DOS, for the purpose of our discussion. If you took over the Celtics right now.

Re: Poll: Who would go Full Hinkie mode If you were the Boss.
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 03:45:36 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
No but I wouldn't have done exactly what Ainge has done either tho
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 03:57:31 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
No, but I wouldn't be interested in engineering a middle of the road team, either, even in the short term.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 04:09:25 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

DOS, for the purpose of our discussion. If you took over the Celtics right now.

If I possessed Ainge tomorrow, I wouldn't do it.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 04:15:14 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Yes. I believe best strategy when rebuilding is to rebuild through high draft picks.

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 04:42:48 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
No, but I wouldn't be interested in engineering a middle of the road team, either, even in the short term.

OK wouldn't have gone middle of the road fine. What would you have done.

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 04:46:07 PM »

Offline truthhurts34

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11

So how exactly would u rebuild a team, without tanking or being a mid tier team?

You seem either completely unrealistic, or just somebody that likes to complain. Perhaps both.

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 04:50:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Most teams have to tank some ...to rebuild ..one year or half year , maybe two....... You try to climb out before you start damaging the club

Tanking every year wait I g for the next MJ  or LeBron to walk though the door is stupid

Play ball ...

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2015, 04:50:26 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think tanking one year to get a top flight talent is ok.   But if you do it too much your organization will be perceived as a joke.   Trouble is, Ainge never gets us low enought to have a good shot.   I think it is moot, we are not tanking.

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 04:53:59 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

So how exactly would u rebuild a team, without tanking or being a mid tier team?

You seem either completely unrealistic, or just somebody that likes to complain. Perhaps both.
:-\

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2015, 04:55:48 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I voted "NO" for full Hinkie, but I was rooting for us NOT to make the playoffs at the end of last year. I think that there is a strong distinction to be made between full Hinkie versus wanting to fight like hell and just miss the playoffs. Many people pejoratively call not wanting to make the playoffs "tanking", and equate it to full Hinkie and everything in between. They're wrong.

Making the playoffs cost us either Turner or Winslow or whatever they, as assets, could have been parlayed into (easier to move up from 10/11and/or trade for vet package).

If MJ bit on that bevy of draft picks that Ainge allegedly offered for #9, making the playoffs would've cost us all those firsts as well as whatever Atlanta was requiring from us for #15. I'm glad that deal didn't go through, although Turner as opposed to Winslow would have tempted me. Turner would've been a perfect fit for Stevens system. He's the one who will make us most regret that pyrrhic victory of making the playoffs.