Author Topic: Amir Johnson's real height  (Read 16659 times)

Re: Amir Johnson's real height
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2015, 04:00:54 PM »

Offline jayk009

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
I'm a Celtics fan and I could care less what his theoretical height is. Whichever height he is is what he has been throughout his entire career and it doesn't change him as a player and what he can do for us whether he was actually 6'10 or 6'9. Different story if he grew in the off-season...but he's the same height as he's been for the past 8 years.

Whoopity doo, your not the only person here.   What you makes you think anyone cares that you don't care? :)
lol

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2015, 04:05:01 PM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133
It's crazy how it even differs just from picture to picture, in one he's only marginally taller than the 6'9 Lee but in the other he's clearly taller than Stiemsma (6'11).

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2015, 04:06:59 PM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
I'm a Celtics fan and I could care less what his theoretical height is. Whichever height he is is what he has been throughout his entire career and it doesn't change him as a player and what he can do for us whether he was actually 6'10 or 6'9. Different story if he grew in the off-season...but he's the same height as he's been for the past 8 years.

Whoopity doo, your not the only person here.   What you makes you think anyone cares that you don't care? :)
lol

I don't know if you care, but I don't care that you care whether or not he cares that people care that he doesn't care.

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2015, 04:09:50 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I could care less?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2015, 04:14:53 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Pic of Johnson next to Perry Jones the other day at press conference--Perry was taller, and he is listed at 6'10" or 6'11", so I think you are dreaming if you think Amir got taller.

Someone can post the pic, I don't know how, LOL.
I think you miss the point of the thread.
Entering the C's squad is like Asterix's magic potion.
You just more of anything (taller, more good looking, higher bball IQ).

To post a pic.

Top left , under the bold button there is something that looks like a mona liza pic.
press it.
Then this appears in your text box: img /img (in parentheses)
Copy paste inside it the link of the pic you want (in google pic search go to 'view image' to have the correct url).

And use preview to make sure you haven't messed up  ;D

Ta da!

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2015, 05:03:44 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
6'10, 250 pounds, 7'0-7'1 wingspan. 9'0 reach. Good vertical leap 

My guess
You have to guess that he has a good vertical leap?

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2015, 05:39:27 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I think Crowder grew too lol, if Johnson is 6-10, Crowder must be 6-8

In all seriousness, he should be big enough, except against the very talented 7 foot giants. It's better than just having Zeller and Sully again.

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2015, 05:56:57 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I remember Roger Clemens saying he didn't like the radar guns in the stadiums because he didn't want the hitters to know the exact speed of his pitches.

It is very strange that there is no record of Amir's current height.  Maybe he is paranoid like Roger.

I am excited about Amir.  I think he has the potential to be a productive starting center on our team.  I think he will play more at C for us than PF, partly due just to the fact that our roster is tilted that way.

Maybe we should try Perry Jones at Center too since he seems to be our tallest new player.

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2015, 06:18:26 PM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
Maybe we should try Perry Jones at Center too since he seems to be our tallest new player.

IMO he's too skinny and perimeter oriented to play center. His play style reminds me of KD a bit in that he's tall enough just not physical enough nor does he possess the skill set of a center. Personally I think the frontcourt is going to be Lee at PF and Amir at C, which I'm excited to see. Amir is going to give us much-needed rim protection and interior defense, something we were in dire need of last season. If PJ3 can live up to and rekindle the hype and become the wing scorer everyone on here (me included) so desperately wants, I could see us being a 50 win team.

IT4/Turner/Rozier
Smart/Bradley/Hunter
PJ3/Crowder/Young
Lee/Sully/Mickey
Amir/Zeller/Oly

That's a good team with a good young core moving forward. Even if PJ3 is a complete bust, we still have a great two-way player in Crowder to start at SF.

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2015, 06:22:04 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Pic of Johnson next to Perry Jones the other day at press conference--Perry was taller, and he is listed at 6'10" or 6'11", so I think you are dreaming if you think Amir got taller.

To post a pic.

Top left , under the bold button there is something that looks like a mona liza pic.
press it.
Copy paste inside it the link of the pic you want (in google pic search go to 'view image' to have the correct url).

Ta da!

If Amir shaved his head and took away the mini-fro, he would be Lee's exact height.  He is 6'9"

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2015, 06:29:30 PM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Even if we call him 6'10, I'm not sure it changes much. He's a good PF but hoping and praying or calling him 6'11.789998 won't make him the defensive 7 footer we need manning the center position. Like some posters have pointed out, his current height is somewhat irrelevant because we know what he can do on the court. The question of his actual height is really a discussion that belongs on some forum in the dead of the offseason...oh wait.

While we're on the subject of actual height, I'm sick of people calling Isaiah Thomas 5'9. His pre-draft measurement show him north of 5'10, not to mention how much he's grown since, so can we stop with giving him so much credit for being short?!?!

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2015, 06:34:22 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I could care less?
I could care less (at least to me) means that you care enough that it is possible to care less.

The actual phrase thus must be, "I couldn't care less", which means you care about as little as possible.

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2015, 06:45:45 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Meh. I assume all NBA heights are accurate to within 2 inches, give or take. That's not just Amir, that's anyone.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2015, 07:04:10 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

To post a pic.

press it.

Ta da!

If Amir shaved his head and took away the mini-fro, he would be Lee's exact height.  He is 6'9"

I don't know how you came to that conclusion.

It's pretty clear to me from looking at that image, that Amir Johnson is the exact same height as Jonas Jerebko, who is listed at 6'10" / 231.

It seems plain to see from looking at the pic that he's about an inch taller than Lee.

Of course this assumes they are all standing on level ground, which I would imagine they are. 

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2015, 07:05:55 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
In real life

He is actually

Fantasy Island 's

Tattoo .......4 5 "