Author Topic: Skal Labissiere  (Read 6745 times)

Skal Labissiere
« on: July 29, 2015, 11:40:15 AM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
This is a very sad story. It's horrible the way Skal Labissiere and Samuel Jean-Gilles were treated by Gerald Hamilton. He is an evil monster. Hopefully everything works out for Skal at least.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on-college-basketball/24801563/aau-coach-skal-labissieres-guardian-asked-how-to-profit-from-prospect
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

Re: Skal Labissiere
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 12:18:16 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
Cowards not responding to this....

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 12:35:44 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
There is a lot of shady stuff that can happen on a player's rise to professional sports, for sure.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 12:39:23 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
This has been going on forever, and will never end.

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 07:35:06 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
People r always gonna exploit talented players
So they can make money off them
It's messed up

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 01:16:04 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
It's messed up

People . . . and large institutions of higher learning like Kentucky, Duke, Connecticut, Syracuse, Indiana, UCLA, Louisville, etc . . .

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 01:31:14 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
So shady.

I don't know a lot about the AAU circuit but that sounds like a terrbile place for young men to be coming up.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 01:46:22 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
It's messed up

People . . . and large institutions of higher learning like Kentucky, Duke, Connecticut, Syracuse, Indiana, UCLA, Louisville, etc . . .

The schools that keep players 2-4 years without pay are much worse than some of those schools. The nba should destroy college basketball by allowing players to enter the draft at age 18, and if a player is not ready going to their d league team. Of course the max d league salary should be raised first.

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 02:01:21 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
This is a very sad story. It's horrible the way Skal Labissiere and Samuel Jean-Gilles were treated by Gerald Hamilton. He is an evil monster. Hopefully everything works out for Skal at least.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on-college-basketball/24801563/aau-coach-skal-labissieres-guardian-asked-how-to-profit-from-prospect

It sucks that these players are going to be punished because of the actions of a scum bag named Gerald Hamilton.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2015, 09:35:56 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
It's messed up

The schools that keep players 2-4 years without pay are much worse than some of those schools. The nba should destroy college basketball by allowing players to enter the draft at age 18, and if a player is not ready going to their d league team. Of course the max d league salary should be raised first.

I agree that the draft age should be lowered back to eighteen, but I don't think college basketball should be completely destroyed.

There are actually many schools around the country, fine institutions of higher learning, where kids go on athletic scholarships to actually get an education and compete in athletics while doing so. 

I don't have a problem with that.  I do have a problem with our universities acting as virtually mandated, unpaid internships for playing professional sports.

It's an absurd system. 

I don't think bringing the draft age back to eighteen would destroy college basketball, rather I think it would return it to what it should be. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2015, 10:17:36 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I do have a problem with our universities acting as virtually mandated, unpaid internships for playing professional sports.

This is a real problem but another problem is that only a fraction of college players make it to the pros.  I think if they play they should get a free education that they can fall back on, regardless if they get hurt, only play a few years, or declare for the pros and do not make it or even go to the pros and get bounced out.   Award them a bachelor degree tuition until they get one.   The NBA should even couple with them to help make this happen.

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2015, 03:59:05 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
It's messed up

I agree that the draft age should be lowered back to eighteen, but I don't think college basketball should be completely destroyed.

There are actually many schools around the country, fine institutions of higher learning, where kids go on athletic scholarships to actually get an education and compete in athletics while doing so. 

I don't have a problem with that.  I do have a problem with our universities acting as virtually mandated, unpaid internships for playing professional sports.

It's an absurd system. 

I don't think bringing the draft age back to eighteen would destroy college basketball, rather I think it would return it to what it should be.

If the nba invested in the d league and offered fair wages to anyone 18 and older then a lot of the good players would go to the nba if the wages were fair, coaching was good, etc. There should be no requirement to play a certain amount of time in the d league tho, if a player is good enough they should be allowed in the nba, if not then play in the d league until you are promoted. Maybe it wouldn't destroy college basketball but it would put a huge dent in it, which is a good thing. The colleges should then pay the collegiate  athletes and the collegiate athletes that won't go pro will also get their scholarships. Everyone important wins.

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2015, 12:17:23 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
It's messed up

It's an absurd system. 

If the nba invested in the d league and offered fair wages to anyone 18 and older then a lot of the good players would go to the nba if the wages were fair, coaching was good, etc. There should be no requirement to play a certain amount of time in the d league tho, if a player is good enough they should be allowed in the nba, if not then play in the d league until you are promoted. Maybe it wouldn't destroy college basketball but it would put a huge dent in it, which is a good thing. The colleges should then pay the collegiate  athletes and the collegiate athletes that won't go pro will also get their scholarships. Everyone important wins.

I agree with everything except the part about paying collegiate athletes.  If the NBA and the NFL could implement systems where they weren't using college as their farm leagues, I don't see any reasons to pay college students for participating in athletics while pursuing their education. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2015, 01:02:25 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
A few days ago I saw he was still not cleared to play. I was really looking forward to watching this kid all year. I like him over Simmons and Brown right now. Maybe a year in China might help his professionalism, physical play and his family financially. Mudiay has looked pretty decent after his year in China.

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2015, 01:50:25 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The NCAA is exploitation en masse.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain