Author Topic: Who is available for us to trade for this year?  (Read 8106 times)

Re: Who is available for us to trade for this year?
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 03:03:43 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I had never thought of this before today, but if OKC somehow battles injuries again and it becomes clear that Durant is leaving, maybe they try to trade him for something?

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 03:29:16 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I had never thought of this before today, but if OKC somehow battles injuries again and it becomes clear that Durant is leaving, maybe they try to trade him for something?

I don't think there's any chance at all of it happening.  Not unless Durant tells them he's 100% not re-signing there.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 03:38:30 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
I think right off the top of my head Carmelo Anthony will probably on the block because I highly doubt even in a weak East that the Knicks can contend for a playoff spot.

A lot of it really depends on expectations.

If Toronto begins to completely fall off in the Eastern conference then they are probably going to blow it up leaving Demarcus Derozan available.

If Sacramento starts out terrible and chemistry problems begin to occur I think that Demarcus finally forces his way out.

If Charlotte struggles I think Kemba Walker becomes available with Al Jefferson because they will probably be willing to blow it up.

If Enes Kanter even becomes a smidgeon better on defense and puts up the numbers he did last year consistently I think that Steven Adams becomes available.

Kenneth Faried is still on the block and could come even cheaper if he continues to show an average improvement on offense.

Would not be surprised if Dallas looks to blow it up if they drown in the deep West. That probably means they also wouldn't want to pay Parsons a max.

Those are the ones that are most important to us that I think would be on the block.

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 03:44:46 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

I don't think there's any chance at all of it happening.  Not unless Durant tells them he's 100% not re-signing there.

But Durant could tell them that. If they have an extremely disappointing season, he has a falling out with Westbrook, or something of the like, he could inform management that he's going to leave, in which case it would behoove them to get something for him.

Edit: I think it's very unlikely that this happens.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2015, 04:01:20 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
My list of guys we should/could inquire about in no particular order
DeMar DeRozan
Carmelo Anthony
Kenneth Faried
Nikola Pekovic
Joakim Noah
Terrence Jones
Donautus Montiejuanas (sp?)
Al Horford
Chandler Parsons
Harrison Barnes
Tyreke Evans

Not really any game breakers but you never know who develops in a contract year/a better situation.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2015, 04:01:59 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I've said this elsewhere that my darkhorse candidate is Paul George.

Indiana peaked a couple years back with Stephenson, Hibbert, West, and Scola.  Players who are no longer there. 

They now have very inexperienced bigs but Turner gives them hope.  They signed Monta Ellis who will soon be on the wrong side of 30 for a player that depends mostly on quickness. They want to try George at the 4, and I'm not sure what to think of that.   The rest of their roster seems very subpar.  Other east teams have improved and I'm not sure the Pacers have.

George will have 2 years left on his contract.  Maybe it's time to trade and go into a full rebuild.  One can only hope.  ;D

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2015, 04:41:08 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I think we could entice Brooklyn a package essentially consisting of Sullinger, Bradley, Young, Turner, Zeller 2017 pick swap rights for Joe Johnson.

I know Joe is old and overpaid but he's big, a great shooter and can but clutch shots in the playoffs Brooklyn gets out from under that luxury tax and can control it's own destiny once again with it's pick.

Our Rotation conisists of...

Smart, Thomas, Rozier
Johnson, Hunter.
Corwder, Jones III, Holmes
Amir, Mickey
Lee, Olynyk

We could then try to lock up a veteran SG on a decent paycheck like Derozan, Gordon or a younger guy with upside like Archie Goodwin. Shabazz Mohammed, or Terrance Ross moving Joe Johnson to the 3.

Draft Jacob Poetll to fortify the front line.Finally try to sell Al Horford on Boston and complete this teams destiny as Spurs East. A man can dream.

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2015, 05:25:10 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I think we could entice Brooklyn a package essentially consisting of Sullinger, Bradley, Young, Turner, Zeller 2017 pick swap rights for Joe Johnson.

I know Joe is old and overpaid but he's big, a great shooter and can but clutch shots in the playoffs Brooklyn gets out from under that luxury tax and can control it's own destiny once again with it's pick.

Smart, Thomas, Rozier
Johnson, Hunter.
Amir, Mickey
Lee, Olynyk

We could then try to lock up a veteran SG on a decent paycheck like Derozan, Gordon or a younger guy with upside like Archie Goodwin. Shabazz Mohammed, or Terrance Ross moving Joe Johnson to the 3.

Draft Jacob Poetll to fortify the front line.Finally try to sell Al Horford on Boston and complete this teams destiny as Spurs East. A man can dream.

I wouldn't give up Bradley or Sully alone for one year of Joe Johnson, let alone both of them AND other assets.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2015, 06:17:06 PM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
I've said this elsewhere that my darkhorse candidate is Paul George.

Indiana peaked a couple years back with Stephenson, Hibbert, West, and Scola.  Players who are no longer there. 

They now have very inexperienced bigs but Turner gives them hope.  They signed Monta Ellis who will soon be on the wrong side of 30 for a player that depends mostly on quickness. They want to try George at the 4, and I'm not sure what to think of that.   The rest of their roster seems very subpar.  Other east teams have improved and I'm not sure the Pacers have.

George will have 2 years left on his contract.  Maybe it's time to trade and go into a full rebuild.  One can only hope.  ;D

I agree with the possibility of George becoming available. I can see that situation souring during the year due to the mediocrity of that roster and possible friction with front office (Bird made some comment about a week or two ago about how George doesn't make the decisions there).

While he doesn't appear to be the perfect player (age, defense, perception that he is a selfish player), I think that Carmelo would be a great addition. His contract will look better when the cap is raised and we have no other "bad" contracts, his age should cause him to be more of a team player and may force him to become a stretch 4, and he can flat out score. I think it's likely that he becomes available and Boston would be a favorable destination for him.

Either of these two players would be ideal as a first star that could lure other major talents here. Alone, they would not make us contenders but they could be the first step in acquiring other star player whether via trade or free agency.

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2015, 06:41:35 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

Smart, Thomas, Rozier
Johnson, Hunter.
Amir, Mickey
Lee, Olynyk

This is flat out the worst trade proposal I have ever seen.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2015, 07:03:46 PM »

Offline Bdiddy

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
None of these guys would move the needle. All this hype about Cousins - so why has Sacremento sucked so bad with him putting up all star numbers. C's need to stay the course and build through the draft. If we can combine assets or if Brooklyn implodes this year we can get a top 5 pick and draft our future 3 (Simmons, Ingram or Brown). And maybe hit some lottery magic in 2017 and grab a Thon Maker. Let's face it we will not be true contenders until Lebron starts to fade along with the Heat and Bulls. The nexgen (3-4 years out) of real contenders will include the C's along with the Bucks, Magic and Wiz.

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2015, 07:26:00 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Smart, Thomas, Rozier
Johnson, Hunter.
Amir, Mickey
Lee, Olynyk

This is flat out the worst trade proposal I have ever seen.

Wasn't Cleveland trying to find a way to essentially absorb Johnson just a couple of weeks ago (Hayward's salary and Varejao or something)?

Why on Dog's green earth would we give BKN all of our best players plus a likely lottery pick for Johnson? I am pretty sure we could get him for just David Lee and I don't think I would want to do that.

As for the Paul George proposal...YES!

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2015, 07:32:23 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Smart, Thomas, Rozier
Johnson, Hunter.
Amir, Mickey
Lee, Olynyk

Wow..
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2015, 07:32:26 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Im still hoping the Celts can pry Derrick Favors away from Utah. The Jazz may look to add depth for a potential playoff run and already have a potentially elite rim protector in Gobert. Whether Utah would be willing to give up a really good young player on a more than reasonable contract is still unknown.

Would Sullinger, Bradley, Jorebko and a late 1st for Favors and Chris Johnson be enough to tempt the Jazz??
Favors from Utah is my favorite of the deals I think might be possbile. I think an offer like the one you suggested could get it done (or switch out Evan Turner for any one of those guys). If that doesn't quite do it, throw 2nd rounders at them all day and night.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2015, 07:59:58 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I'm really interested in PG's injury and recovery, but I can't find a thread on it here. Does any one recall if there was a thread that I'm just missing? Thanks, TP awaiting :)
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC