Author Topic: Who is available for us to trade for this year?  (Read 8109 times)

Who is available for us to trade for this year?
« on: July 29, 2015, 09:57:59 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Danny wants to upgrade but who really is out there to make an offer for besides maybe cousins?
Denver may move some.
Philly is doing nothing until Embrid is proven healthy.
NO may shake up Gordon or Evans.
Maybe the Hornets if things start of bad.
What else guys?, We give Ainge a hard time but what is out there.
Thoughts?

« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 11:38:03 AM by spikelovetheCelts »
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

Re: Who is available for us to trade for this year?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 10:45:32 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I can see Melo becoming available. If Porzingis shows early on he's going to be a good player then he quickly becomes the future and untradeable. Then keeping Melo makes no sense and they can get a slew of young players and/or picks for him before he gets even older (he's 31) and his value decreases. I doubt in his heart Jackson is real Melo fan and wouldn't mind jettisoning him and starting over. For one thing, it would buy him some more time to keep his job.

Channing Frye might be available, he'd be a good fit for a contender. He didn't have an amazing year in Orlando and he's already 32. The Magic are gonna suck for awhile, why not try and get more assets and open up room for Gordon/Harris/Hezonga?

Dion Waiters - OKC has got to realize soon, wait this guy is kinda horrible.

Wilson Chandler, JJ Hickson - Going to be free agents and probably not really part of Denver's future.

Nikola Pekovic - Not that Minny has to deal him but Towns and Dieng need to play minutes.

DeMarcus Cousins - He would have to force his way out for it to happen, because Sac ain't about to let their franchise star go just because he's grumpy or doesn't like the coach.

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 10:50:38 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I can see Melo becoming available. If Porzingis shows early on he's going to be a good player then he quickly becomes the future and untradeable. Then keeping Melo makes no sense and they can get a slew of young players and/or picks for him before he gets even older (he's 31) and his value decreases. I doubt in his heart Jackson is real Melo fan and wouldn't mind jettisoning him and starting over. For one thing, it would buy him some more time to keep his job.

Channing Frye might be available, he'd be a good fit for a contender. He didn't have an amazing year in Orlando and he's already 32. The Magic are gonna suck for awhile, why not try and get more assets and open up room for Gordon/Harris/Hezonga?

Dion Waiters - OKC has got to realize soon, wait this guy is kinda horrible.

Wilson Chandler, JJ Hickson - Going to be free agents and probably not really part of Denver's future.

Nikola Pekovic - Not that Minny has to deal him but Towns and Dieng need to play minutes.

DeMarcus Cousins - He would have to force his way out for it to happen, because Sac ain't about to let their franchise star go just because he's grumpy or doesn't like the coach.
a pretty gross list outside of the 2 stars.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 11:55:24 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
All the guys of decent ability I think could be available, in no particular order

Faried
W. Chandler
Gallo
Parsons (ETO)
Derozan (ETO)
T. Gibson
Hibbert (expiring)
E. Gordon (expiring)
Pekovic
K. Martin
Jennings
D. Collison
L. Deng (expiring)
Noel
Noah
Nene (expiring)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 02:16:33 PM by PhoSita »
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 12:06:37 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
All the guys of decent ability I think could be available, in no particular order

Faried
W. Chandler
Gallo
Parsons
Derozan (ETO)
T. Gibson
Hibbert (expiring)
E. Gordon (expiring)
Pekovic
K. Martin
Jennings
D. Collison
L. Deng (expiring)
Noel
Noah
Nene (expiring)

Do you think Derozan would be able to play small forward? And do you think Dallas would be interested in trading us Parsons?
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 01:13:14 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Im still hoping the Celts can pry Derrick Favors away from Utah. The Jazz may look to add depth for a potential playoff run and already have a potentially elite rim protector in Gobert. Whether Utah would be willing to give up a really good young player on a more than reasonable contract is still unknown.

Would Sullinger, Bradley, Jorebko and a late 1st for Favors and Chris Johnson be enough to tempt the Jazz??

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 01:27:30 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
obviously landing a guy like Cousins would be great but it's highly doubtful DMC will be moved this year. I think Melo would also be a great acquisition, though it seems highly unlikely as well.

Some names that have floated around here, namely Tyreke and Derozan, I'd be on board with. Pekovic or Dieng might be interesting too.
- LilRip

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 02:04:16 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
obviously landing a guy like Cousins would be great but it's highly doubtful DMC will be moved this year. I think Melo would also be a great acquisition, though it seems highly unlikely as well.

Some names that have floated around here, namely Tyreke and Derozan, I'd be on board with. Pekovic or Dieng might be interesting too.

I wonder what kind of package would land us Melo?? Lee, Jorebko, Jones, Young, and 2 1sts is all id give up.

Smart/ Thomas
Bradley/ Hunter
Melo/ Crowder
Sullinger/ Olynyk
Johnson/ Zeller

Would probably cement our place in the ECF but i wouldnt take that team serious as a contender.

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 02:09:45 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I d get the House ,  Karl , Cousins, Rondo, Sac FO ......

Explode like Hiroshima

Cousins finely falls to another team this year.

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 02:16:09 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
I d get the House ,  Karl , Cousins, Rondo, Sac FO ......

Explode like Hiroshima

Cousins finely falls to another team this year.

What is wrong with you?

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 02:16:21 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Faried
W. Chandler
Gallo
Parsons
Derozan (ETO)
T. Gibson
Hibbert (expiring)
E. Gordon (expiring)
Pekovic
K. Martin
Jennings
D. Collison
L. Deng (expiring)
Noel
Noah
Nene (expiring)

Do you think Derozan would be able to play small forward? And do you think Dallas would be interested in trading us Parsons?

- Yes

- Yes, if they start off the season badly and are interested in trying to keep their own pick.  Parsons may opt out after this season, anyway.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2015, 02:17:21 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum

Faried
W. Chandler
Gallo
Parsons
Derozan (ETO)
T. Gibson
Hibbert (expiring)
E. Gordon (expiring)
Pekovic
K. Martin
Jennings
D. Collison
L. Deng (expiring)
Noel
Noah
Nene (expiring)

- Yes

- Yes, if they start off the season badly and are interested in trying to keep their own pick.  Parsons may opt out after this season, anyway.

That would be awesome if we could get one of those guys

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2015, 02:30:26 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Cousins and Melo are the best players who could become available. I think Melo definitely will become available and Cousins might, depending on whether or not Sacramento implodes. Here are some good players who come to mind for me:

DeRozan
Gallinari
Bledsoe
Markieff Morris
Noel (if it becomes obvious that he and Jah are not compatible)

Probably missing a few big ones, but these guys come to mind.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2015, 02:46:51 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
tobias harris- a two for one----

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2015, 02:48:14 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
Even if we had enough to trade for him I don't think New York would want to trade Melo to Boston.

Celticsblog=sports radio