Author Topic: Incredible: Boston Celtics @ Real Madrid game already sold out  (Read 3436 times)

Re: Incredible: Boston Celtics @ Real Madrid game already sold out
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 05:16:09 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Do Real Madrid soccer fans also root for the Real Madrid basketball team by default?
I don't know, do Celtics fans root for the Bruins? :P

Yes, but it's pretty hard to get behind management that consistently trades young phenoms for ham sandwiches.
Hey, in all fairness, there was this case when they traded a young phenom for a young phenom before they pursued the ham sandwich :)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 05:18:19 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
We're playing a european team in the preseason, just like in the late 80s?  Awesome!  Our guys should pay attention - they could learn a lot from players who utilize, gasp, fundamentals :o. This could be embarrassing, lol ;D.
I think it's a RS game just like the Brooklyn game last season in London.

Cool!  I thought that the Nets played another NBA team, though, or am I wrong?

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 05:20:01 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Do Real Madrid soccer fans also root for the Real Madrid basketball team by default?
I don't know, do Celtics fans root for the Bruins? :P

Yes, but it's pretty hard to get behind management that consistently trades young phenoms for ham sandwiches.
Hey, in all fairness, there was this case when they traded a young phenom for a young phenom before they pursued the ham sandwich :)

But ultimately the flow chart of trades leads to more and more ham sandwiches :)
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 05:31:17 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
We're playing a european team in the preseason, just like in the late 80s?  Awesome!  Our guys should pay attention - they could learn a lot from players who utilize, gasp, fundamentals :o. This could be embarrassing, lol ;D.

You are right, they played against the Hawks.

Unfortunately it’s just a preseason game. Real Madrid isn’t participating in the NBA so it couldn’t possibly be a RS game.

Please Celtics, come for one game in Greece! Just one meaningless preseason game! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I know it’s a long shot but I can always hope!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 05:44:09 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2015, 07:48:47 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

You are right, they played against the Hawks.

Unfortunately it’s just a preseason game. Real Madrid isn’t participating in the NBA so it couldn’t possibly be a RS game.

Please Celtics, come for one game in Greece! Just one meaningless preseason game! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I know it’s a long shot but I can always hope!

My bad, when I first read this news some months ago I was left with the impression they would all be RS games...

I think Brooklyn at London was great- the stadium was packed, and the C's too should try sthg similar ....but well I'm not Danny, so not gonna happen.  :P

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2015, 03:03:02 AM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 23

lol, they definitely do in Madrid (lived there a couple of years).

if you said sthg like, i am Real in bball but ,ehm, barcelona in soccer, ppl would just die laughing.

same story with all franchises that have both bball and soccer clubs (common in greece, spain  and some other european countries,  but not the case in northern europe, france and italy): for example panathinaikos, cska, maccabi etc

only exception is international fans of madrid- say a russian who supports real in soccer is obviously under no obligation whatsoever to do the same in bball.

Incidentally, from what I read here, city affiliation is stronger in the states than  in europe (esp. in bball). I suppose the reason is there are only three-four good teams in every country in Europe, so the choices are more limited (and the distances shorter anyway).

Totally off topic, but who would be the celtics of the liga BBVA or Spanish soccer league? I only follow USA/international soccer

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2015, 04:27:13 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Totally off topic, but who would be the celtics of the liga BBVA or Spanish soccer league? I only follow USA/international soccer

Real Madrid would be the Lakers (which realy hearts saying it as a Real fan!!)

I`m not sure about the Cs... Possibly Athletic Club Bilbao. Athletic is not nearly as succesful. But their tradition,their adhesion to their values remind a lot of the Celtics

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2015, 05:52:40 AM »

Offline Global Celtic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 84
I'm pretty sure that the tickets black market around this Celtics game at Madrid will be huge... So bummed out.