Author Topic: Top 10 players in the league.  (Read 6490 times)

Re: Top 10 players in the league.
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2015, 02:21:26 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
1. LeBron James

2. Kevin Durant
3. Anthony Davis
4. James Harden
5. Russell Westbrook
6. Stephen Curry
7. DeMarcus Cousins
8. Chris Paul
9. Blake Griffin
10. LaMarcus Aldridge

LeBron is so much better than everyone else, it's kind of ridiculous. Durant is clearly the second best player, and best pure scorer in the league. Davis is a monster and I expect him to reach #1 sooner rather than later. Offensively, Harden's just about as good as everyone besides Durant, and he should've been the MVP. I'd take Westbrook over Curry since I think he would be able to single handedly carry a team further than Curry. Curry is a spectacular player and the best shooter I've ever seen, but I think Golden State's team successes make him look a little better than he is. While I think Harden deserved to be MVP more, I think Curry was a fine choice. Paul is the best pure PG in the league and is an excellent defensive player, but he's consistently been unable to close and his stats aren't quite as gaudy as these other guys. Cousins is the best Center in the league and if he was on a real NBA team, he'd be a perennial MVP favorite. Playing with CP3 helps Blake, but he showed just how dominant he can be early in the playoffs when he was a walking triple double. I struggled to choose between Marc Gasol and Aldridge at 10, but I think Aldridge is the more well-rounded player.

Edit: Switched Paul and Cousins
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2015, 11:51:26 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
1 - Anthony Davis
2 - LeBron James
3 - Kevin Durant
4 - Steph Curry
5 - DeMarcus Cousins
6 - Russell Westbrook
7 - Kawhi Leonard
8 - Blake Griffin
9 - Chris Paul
10 - James Harden

I'm very tempted in bumping up Dwight Howard there, just think his usage rate in Houston has been incredibly low for what he can offer... as limited as he might be offensively.

As you can tell, not a big fan of Harden.

Injury played a bit into this also, Paul George a huge unknown for me right now... though still comfortable ranking Durant very high, so there's that.

Surprised with the lack of love for Kawhi Leonard, and I'm not a big cheerleader of him. He can score in a variety of ways, is extremely efficient, and more importantly, he performs at a very very high level in the Playoffs.

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2015, 12:01:41 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I was having a discussion with a couple of friends earlier, and wanted to see this board's opinion on the subject.
Who do you think are the top 10 players in the NBA?

My list:
1- Lebron James.
2- Kevin Durant.
3- Steph Curry.
4- James Harden.
5- Anthony Davis.
6- Chris Paul.
7- Russell Westbrook.
8- Blake Griffin.
9- Demarcus Cousins.
10- LaMarcus Aldridge.
This list is pretty good in my mind.  I might argue for Marc Gasol in the 9th or 10th spot.  What's most interesting to me is that 9 of the 10 play in the Western Conference.
ya that's frightening. 9 out of 10. . . Good god

The East might have 2 when Paul George is healthy, but yeah, the talent disparity is embarrassing.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2015, 01:17:31 AM »

Offline Blaze4G

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Anthony Davis (I think he will be number 1 in 3 yrs).
4.Curry
5. Harden (could be ahead of curry too)
6. Westbrook (would place higher if he played more of a team game).
7. Demarcus Cousins
8. Marc Gasol
9. Griffin
10. Paul George (if 100%)

CP3 is overrated IMO. Top PG no doubt however we are not discussing top PG. I would take all 10 of those guys now on my team over CP3.

I was considering removing Griffin....his repeated 4th qtr collapses last playoffs does not happen to superstars.

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2015, 03:23:02 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Lebron
Stephen
James
Anthony
Kevin

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2015, 03:24:05 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Chris Paul is overrated by every one.

Gotta disagree with this. I think Paul's been the best point guard in the league for a long time, and is potentially underrated because he's spent his whole career playing in a brutal Western Conference.

He's definitely been the best all-around point guard in the league for almost his whole career.  There are better defenders, better shooters, better finishers, better shot creators.  But nobody who combines all of those things at a very high level the way Paul does.

Leaving aside the fact that I don't particularly care for the way he conducts himself on the court and the fact that his teammates don't seem to love him nearly as much you'd expect them to love a guy who dishes so many assists, there's nobody I'd rather have running my offense in the last two minutes of a tight game.

Yeah, agree with both, just don't care much for him.

That said, I don't think Westbrook has been all that far behind the past 4 years or so, and Curry was probably better in playoffs this year. Can't give up my dislike that easily.

He also needs to win. LAC will be better next year, but I could honestly see him as one of the greats that never wins a championship.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 03:33:41 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2015, 04:00:55 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I feel like certain guys get age discrimination in these types of lists.  Here's mine:

James
Curry
Durant

Harden
Davis
Duncan
Westbrook

Griffin
Dirk
Leonard