Author Topic: Top 10 players in the league.  (Read 6506 times)

Re: Top 10 players in the league.
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 09:15:26 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Chris Paul is overrated by every one.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 09:21:15 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Does order within the top ten matter? Because I'd have Curry on the lower half, not top 3. I'd have Harden lower too.

And I had Harden and Curry as #1 and #2 for MVP, so I'm not trying to discount them. But if you ask me who is a better player Westbrook vs. Harden or Curry, I'd have to say Westbrook. Same for others guys on this list (Davis, Aldridge, Paul).

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 09:29:37 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Gotta disagree with this. I think Paul's been the best point guard in the league for a long time, and is potentially underrated because he's spent his whole career playing in a brutal Western Conference.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 10:09:12 AM »

Offline kheldar52077

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. CP3
4. Curry
5. Davis
6. Harden
7. Jordan
8. Butler
9. M Gasol
10. Griffin

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2015, 10:30:41 AM »

Offline Otsje P

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. CP3
4. Curry
5. Davis
6. Harden
7. Jordan
8. Butler
9. M Gasol
10. Griffin

Hmm, if by Jordan we are talking about DeAndre Jordan, i count three LA Clipper players.

If they really are top 10 players in this league, shouldn't they have become champions this season? Their is only one other team on your list with multiple players. That would be OKC. But Durant missed most of the season and the playoffs, so he couldn't help his team.

So the one Warrior point guard, who you listed lower than the LA Clippers point guard, somehow got so much help from role players (some of them above average of course) that they could diminish all the star power of your 3 Clippers?

I'm not saying it's impossible. But if you are right, then that kind of means that having superstars is not the clue to winning a title. (Something i've read here pretty often)

I know my arguments aren't factual, but i do have a point. I think ;)

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2015, 10:43:22 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Gotta disagree with this. I think Paul's been the best point guard in the league for a long time, and is potentially underrated because he's spent his whole career playing in a brutal Western Conference.

He's definitely been the best all-around point guard in the league for almost his whole career.  There are better defenders, better shooters, better finishers, better shot creators.  But nobody who combines all of those things at a very high level the way Paul does.

Leaving aside the fact that I don't particularly care for the way he conducts himself on the court and the fact that his teammates don't seem to love him nearly as much you'd expect them to love a guy who dishes so many assists, there's nobody I'd rather have running my offense in the last two minutes of a tight game.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2015, 11:18:10 AM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
1 LeBron
2 KD
3 Steph Curry
4 Harden
5 Westbrook
6 Anthony Davis
7 CP3
8 Blake Griffin
9 Boogie
10 Kyrie
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2015, 11:35:15 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
I was having a discussion with a couple of friends earlier, and wanted to see this board's opinion on the subject.
Who do you think are the top 10 players in the NBA?

My list:
1- Lebron James.
2- Kevin Durant.
3- Steph Curry.
4- James Harden.
5- Anthony Davis.
6- Chris Paul.
7- Russell Westbrook.
8- Blake Griffin.
9- Demarcus Cousins.
10- LaMarcus Aldridge.
This list is pretty good in my mind.  I might argue for Marc Gasol in the 9th or 10th spot.  What's most interesting to me is that 9 of the 10 play in the Western Conference.
ya that's frightening. 9 out of 10. . . Good god

The thing is, Lebron is still on another level than anyone else on this list, so that makes it a little less unbalanced.

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2015, 11:51:22 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
 1 - LeBron James
 2 - Anthony Davis
 3 - Kevin Durant
 4 - Steph Curry
 5 - Russell Westbrook
 6 - James Harden
 7 - DeMarcus Cousins
 8 - Blake Griffin
 9 - Paul George
10 - Chris Paul

I feel pretty comfortable with the top 3. Order of the next bunch, not so much. I wonder if Marc Gasol or Tim Duncan should be in there. Maybe Dwight Howard.

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2015, 11:55:42 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Rondo seems to have been left out of your list.

TP  ;D
- LilRip

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2015, 12:21:56 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
1 - LeBron James
 2 - Anthony Davis
 3 - Kevin Durant
 4 - Steph Curry
 5 - Russell Westbrook
 6 - James Harden
 7 - DeMarcus Cousins
 8 - Blake Griffin
 9 - Paul George
10 - Chris Paul

I feel pretty comfortable with the top 3. Order of the next bunch, not so much. I wonder if Marc Gasol or Tim Duncan should be in there. Maybe Dwight Howard.
I could get behind this.  probably swap out George for Aldridge but that's about it.

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2015, 12:56:29 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
in some particular order:

1. LBJ
2. KD
3. Curry
4. Harden
-----------
5. Davis
6. Westbrook
7. Cousins
8. Griffin
9. Gasol M.
10. CP3
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2015, 12:59:56 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Does order within the top ten matter? Because I'd have Curry on the lower half, not top 3. I'd have Harden lower too.

And I had Harden and Curry as #1 and #2 for MVP, so I'm not trying to discount them. But if you ask me who is a better player Westbrook vs. Harden or Curry, I'd have to say Westbrook. Same for others guys on this list (Davis, Aldridge, Paul).
why would you pick Westbrook(over Harden I get) over Curry, dude is insane...
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2015, 01:22:05 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

why would you pick Westbrook(over Harden I get) over Curry, dude is insane...

Dude is insane, I agree. But so is Westbrook. They are both essentially offensive players, and I see Westbrook as a guy who can only stop himself. Curry thrives as an MVP candidate in the right environment, but is more environment-dependent. (Is Dellavedova bothering Westbrook one-on-one anytime soon?)

Put each of them on each team around the league and I think Westbrook is better in more environments than Curry (though not all). Same goes for Chris Paul (yuck!), Anthony Davis, and Lamarcus Aldridge.

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2015, 01:40:39 PM »

Offline BradGOA

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 1
in some particular order:

1. LBJ
2. KD
3. Curry
4. Harden
-----------
5. Davis
6. Westbrook
7. Cousins
8. Griffin
9. Gasol M.
10. CP3

I don't have Harden that high. He doesn't produce well in the playoffs. I have Paul George in my top 5. Davis would probably be 3, then Curry, then George. Harden would be 8th for me.