Author Topic: TJ Warren  (Read 6137 times)

Re: TJ Warren
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 10:36:46 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Been there, done this topic.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=79950.0

Smitty77

The difference is that yours was set up to start a discussion, while this one seems to be set up to start a fight

I mean, come on. I made the joke about not trading for KO or Sully because virtually EVERY thread these days is. My intention was to get folks impressions of the player.

You should make a question like "What do you guys think of him?  Will he have a successful career, or will he just be a one-dimensional offensive role player?" the most memorable part of the post, not "He's better than what we have and you all are stupid for not knowing that"
I'm bitter.

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 10:42:07 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Dude can score. He's going to come up in the league over the next couple of seasons as the Suns feature him.

And no, McD won't trade him to us for Olynyk or Sullinger....

you really seem hell bent on getting rid of KO and Sully for a lesser player.  first Holmes and now TJ Warren. smh

I just commented on an interesting player in the league. I also noted that the Suns would never take either of those two for Warren. So how am I trying to get rid of either?

Do you only troll for naysay, or actually add anything interesting or positive ever?
interesting depends on who's readying it. 

positive, about half the time.  guess you don't read those positive ones.

your comment basically states you like TJ Warren more than you like KO or Sully since you suggest them as trade pieces for Phoenix and that they wouldn't be sufficient to land Warren.  The fact I also recall seeing your post in another thread to move a few of our established players with the end goal of making a roster spot available for for Holmes -- an undrafted player that had an ok summer league -- is what I would consider a pattern of questionable player evaluation.  if you don't like opinions that question your player evaluation, you're going to be disappointed and not just by me.

You still have yet to discuss TJ Warren in any way. Just more pejorative agenda.
ok, my take on Warren.  fair enough.

Based on the little I've seen of him (since I don't follow the Suns or much of the rest of the league since I only really care about the C's), he's shown some promise that he could be a decent rotation player.  I don't see him as a better prospect that Sully or KO at this point in terms of being a better player when any of them are have developed their games completely. 

If Warren were on the C's, I'd be hopeful he'd continue improving.  He's not someone I'd jump at trading for.

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 10:43:57 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Been there, done this topic.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=79950.0

Smitty77

The difference is that yours was set up to start a discussion, while this one seems to be set up to start a fight

I mean, come on. I made the joke about not trading for KO or Sully because virtually EVERY thread these days is. My intention was to get folks impressions of the player.

You should make a question like "What do you guys think of him?  Will he have a successful career, or will he just be a one-dimensional offensive role player?" the most memorable part of the post, not "He's better than what we have and you all are stupid for not knowing that"

Thanks for the advice, BitterJim -- and welcome to the blog. Do YOU have any thoughts on TJ Warren?

Does anyone? If not, someone please just lock this wasted thread.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 10:53:16 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Dude can score. He's going to come up in the league over the next couple of seasons as the Suns feature him.

you really seem hell bent on getting rid of KO and Sully for a lesser player.  first Holmes and now TJ Warren. smh

I just commented on an interesting player in the league. I also noted that the Suns would never take either of those two for Warren. So how am I trying to get rid of either?

Do you only troll for naysay, or actually add anything interesting or positive ever?

your comment basically states you like TJ Warren more than you like KO or Sully since you suggest them as trade pieces for Phoenix and that they wouldn't be sufficient to land Warren.  The fact I also recall seeing your post in another thread to move a few of our established players with the end goal of making a roster spot available for for Holmes -- an undrafted player that had an ok summer league -- is what I would consider a pattern of questionable player evaluation.  if you don't like opinions that question your player evaluation, you're going to be disappointed and not just by me.

You still have yet to discuss TJ Warren in any way. Just more pejorative agenda.

Based on the little I've seen of him (since I don't follow the Suns or much of the rest of the league since I only really care about the C's), he's shown some promise that he could be a decent rotation player.  I don't see him as a better prospect that Sully or KO at this point in terms of being a better player when any of them are have developed their games completely. 

If Warren were on the C's, I'd be hopeful he'd continue improving.  He's not someone I'd jump at trading for.

Ok. I think the guy is a super crafty scorer, and old school (i.e. midrange game). I like that he's not typecast -- and that he can create his own shot in all sorts of situations.

Just googled him -- decent article about the Suns efforts to find him more minutes.

http://basketball.realgm.com/article/238890/Finding-Minutes-For-The-Unorthodox-Game-Of-TJ-Warren
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2015, 11:31:22 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150

Ok. I think the guy is a super crafty scorer, and old school (i.e. midrange game). I like that he's not typecast -- and that he can create his own shot in all sorts of situations.

Just googled him -- decent article about the Suns efforts to find him more minutes.

http://basketball.realgm.com/article/238890/Finding-Minutes-For-The-Unorthodox-Game-Of-TJ-Warren

Based solely on one game I saw him play in Vegas I thought he was head and shoulders above his teammates and much better than Sully or Olynyk.  Then again, it was just one game.  I saw Keith Bogans tear up the Summer League 11 years ago.  I thought he was going to be the next Paul Pierce.  Nonetheless, I doubt Phoenix has even the most remote plans on trading him. 

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2015, 02:31:34 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

if that's your assessment of him, I understand why you'd want him.  I haven't seen that level of skill from him -- which is why I have no interest in trading Sully or KO for him. 

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2015, 02:57:30 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Someone who was drafted BEFORE Young but we're all supposed to feel bad for passing on him. Darn you Danny.

P.S. he took all his shots within 10 feet (explains his high fg%) and shot low 30s from beyond 10 and only worse from 3.

I'd rather have Rodney Hood. Someone we COULD have drafted.

The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)