Author Topic: is okc looking at young or is young a trojan horse  (Read 4700 times)

Re: is okc looking at young or is young a trojan horse
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2015, 02:09:55 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
yeah, but he has a high bball IQ and sees the court well....
it is safe to say that for someone drafted that high, we would all be disappointed in durant's "one-dimensional game." i dont see him rebounding at an all star level. and interior defense? ha, forget about him being a rim protector.

it may be a bit soon to declare durant a bust, but he certainly is no james young.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2015, 02:14:56 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
it is safe to say that for someone drafted that high, we would all be disappointed in durant's "one-dimensional game." i dont see him rebounding at an all star level. and interior defense? ha, forget about him being a rim protector.

it may be a bit soon to declare durant a bust, but he certainly is no james young.
You forgot to mention that Durant cannot palm a basketball.
For all the buzz surrounding him, Durant is a ringless disappointment with a broken foot.

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2015, 02:28:46 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

You forgot to mention that Durant cannot palm a basketball.
For all the buzz surrounding him, Durant is a ringless disappointment with a broken foot.
plus he is 26. We want young players here who can grow with the team, Durant maybe has 1 or 2 more good seasons. We already have Amir Johnson why give up an asset so we can get the no-defense version?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2015, 02:30:35 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
These are all trolls or jokes right?

You could certainly win a championship with Durant as your best player...

Typical CelticsBlogger. Overrates the guys that aren't on our team while sticking it to the players we've got.

;)
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2015, 02:58:30 PM »

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 27
Trojan horse lol?

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2015, 03:53:28 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
I'd consider trading Young straight-up for Durant. Well, maybe I'd ask them to throw in a second-rounder, as well.

Mike

Dude we need at least an unprotected first otherwise Boston is giving up way too much Ainge would never go for it.

What are you talking about?  We have too many draft picks already!  Danny needs to stop collecting assets like Durant and get real players.
thank you.

can you really when a championship with him in the starting lineup? I dont think so.
Durant is a last scoring option not going to work.
I'd consider trading Young straight-up for Durant. Well, maybe I'd ask them to throw in a second-rounder, as well.

Mike

Dude we need at least an unprotected first otherwise Boston is giving up way too much Ainge would never go for it.

What are you talking about?  We have too many draft picks already!  Danny needs to stop collecting assets like Durant and get real players.
thank you.

can you really when a championship with him in the starting lineup? I dont think so.

Mike

thank you.

Durant is a last scoring option not going to work.

You guys just aren't seeing it. He's got intangibles that don't show up on the box score, and if we get him in Brad Stevens's system he could really surprise a lot of you, even if he is "too skinny" and "has no post game"

These are all trolls or jokes right?

You could certainly win a championship with Durant as your best player...

I can't speak for others, but I wasn't joking. I'd definitely consider trading Young for Durant and a  future 2nd rounder (unprotected).

Mike

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2015, 03:56:34 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
It's not ideal, but Durant fills a need. Is KO and Turner enough to get it done?
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2015, 03:57:39 PM »

Offline Hardwood Harry

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
I heard Isaiah Thomas was playing the Seattle Pro/Am but really trying to move the Celtics to Seatown....