Author Topic: Who to showcase?  (Read 2152 times)

Re: Who to showcase?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2015, 06:19:00 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

My next group of "expendables" includes Jerebko (remember, he is 28), Turner (he just is not part of the future), and Thomas.  I know most will be surprised that Thomas is included but I think he could get back some value.  Maybe the Knicks would take Thomas, Turner and a future first for Porzingis?

The Knicks would NOT do that trade.

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2015, 06:21:43 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Fans grossly exaggerate the role of 'showcasing' in deciding playing time.

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2015, 06:36:39 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870

My next group of "expendables" includes Jerebko (remember, he is 28), Turner (he just is not part of the future), and Thomas.  I know most will be surprised that Thomas is included but I think he could get back some value.  Maybe the Knicks would take Thomas, Turner and a future first for Porzingis?

The Knicks would NOT do that trade.

I suspect that Danny did try to structure something with the Knicks and failed but New York needs to put some players around Carmelo real quick.  The clock is ticking.  Porzingis is probably not ever going to help Carmelo win a title.  I doubt he is NBA ready now and won't be for a few years.  If you are the Knicks, why not take a couple of serviceable players now plus a future draft pick (or maybe 2) for him.

Those future draft picks could also be useful in trading for other established players.  I don't know what Phil is waiting for.  Carmelo will melt down if the Knicks suck again and I don't think Robin Lopez and Derrick Williams are enough.  They need some depth.