Author Topic: RJ Hunter 96 Points  (Read 4333 times)

RJ Hunter 96 Points
« on: July 27, 2015, 03:12:02 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

https://youtu.be/zAtueJsoY6g

Kids going to be really good.

Re: RJ Hunter 96 Points
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 03:13:01 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I though he scored 96 points in a game.

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 03:15:09 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I though he scored 96 points in a game.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 03:17:07 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 226
I knew the kid could score but what was really encouraging to see was his defense, passing, and chemistry with his teammates. I know someone will chime in with the whole "relax its just summer league" lecture, but it wont stop me from being impressed.

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 03:37:01 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
I knew the kid could score but what was really encouraging to see was his defense, passing, and chemistry with his teammates. I know someone will chime in with the whole "relax its just summer league" lecture, but it wont stop me from being impressed.
yes, it is SL, but at least he did well as opposed to stinking up the place. that is a positive sign, but no one will know for sure exactly how good he will be for a while. it will be fun to watch him develop, mostly likely in the dleague along with mickey.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 03:54:09 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Hunter seems like he plays pretty relaxed and in control. Obliviously has a high bball IQ that translates in his game. Has a great height and length, just looks like he need to get stronger. Looks like he could come in at day 1 and play. We will see.

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 04:00:56 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Seasonlong fan query:"why isn't Hunter playing?!"

*hunter enters the game, game thread explodes*
*Hunter finishes game 0-3 with 2 turnovers in 5 minutes of play*
*Finishes season playing 300 minutes total.*
*Hype continues unabated.*
*Hunter eventually suffers James Young treatment when the new rookies are drafted*
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 04:04:15 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I wish somebody would make a corresponding video entitled "0 points", followed by showcasing all of Hunter's misses. ;)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 04:22:29 PM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72

*Hunter eventually suffers James Young treatment when the new rookies are drafted*

The huge difference with Young is that RJ might go 0-3, but give a couple of nice passes, deflect a ball on two on D and create space for the other 4 when on offense through moving with intention. It's certainly not his job to get us to the playoffs this seasons.

I also see nothing wrong with trying to be positive with what we have. It is a way more meaningful thread than the million ones discussing the 76ers business.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 04:42:38 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Guaranteed Hunter shows he can play this year. Because he can play, he has multiple skills he's a basketball player with size, skill, smarts, Young just sucks until he proves otherwise.

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 04:46:47 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I wish somebody would make a corresponding video entitled "0 points", followed by showcasing all of Hunter's misses. ;)

The cameras weren't recording when/if those occurred, so... it didn't happen!

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 04:52:03 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

The huge difference with Young is that RJ might go 0-3, but give a couple of nice passes, deflect a ball on two on D and create space for the other 4 when on offense through moving with intention. It's certainly not his job to get us to the playoffs this seasons.

I also see nothing wrong with trying to be positive with what we have. It is a way more meaningful thread than the million ones discussing the 76ers business.

No there's nothing wrong with it. My favorite fringe-guard Ainge has drafted in recent years is still E'Twaun Moore. I'm just commenting on how conveyer belt-y the process is.

I find the 76ers threads much more meaningful than the nostalgia threads but less meaningful than most of the actual basketball discussion.

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2015, 05:32:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Hunter had a good Summer League not because of his points scored or assists attained or rebounds gotten. He didn't have a good Summer League because he was playing against inferior talent.

He had a good Summer League because he showed an ability to hit the three under all sorts of circumstances, because he showed an inherent understanding of how to play the game right, because he showed excellent form on his shot, and because he showed he is willing to commit to playing defense. He showed he has what it takes to be an NBA player. You really can't ask for more than that out of a player in the Summer League.

When I watch Summer League or watch college basketball scouting for the draft I don't care about stats. They are unimportant compared to whether the kid has talent, whether he knows where to be when to be there, whether he shows he has the fundamentals of the game down, whether he plays tough, whether he plays smart, whether he gets the team concept, whether he has the physical ability to thrive at the next level. These are the things that are important, not stats.

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2015, 05:49:03 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja

good call. this is a very possible outcome. but dont forget to include "posters label rj a bust."  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2015, 07:13:33 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 175
Solid game. Brutal hair-do.
2013 CB Draft Champions*: Minnesota Timberwolves
DKC League: Washington Wizards