Author Topic: CBPL Offseason 2015 Rules Discussion  (Read 42967 times)

Re: CBPL Offseason 2015 Rules Discussion
« Reply #165 on: July 28, 2015, 01:06:22 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'd greatly prefer not to leave this league. If there is some resolution that allows me to see my team through, I'd appreciate it.  I'm willing to adhere to any suggestions.  I'll stop responding to comments seeing as that seems to be one of the main things people are unhappy with. 

The purpose of this thread seemed to be to discuss rules heading forward that would make this league run smoothly in the future. Hopefully someone has a suggestion for how I can right my wrongs.  One GM has asked that I not send him trade offers and I stopped on his request.  I'll do whatever you guys need.

« Reply #166 on: July 28, 2015, 01:18:00 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I would say we all sack up and continue on. 

This is fantasy basketball. 

CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #167 on: July 28, 2015, 02:14:24 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'm down with that. At the very least I want to hear what byennie finds out first.

« Reply #168 on: July 28, 2015, 03:52:05 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Since Harry isn't coming back when we find a replacement we need to discuss what kind of compensation that team will get.

Harry left his team in decimation (in my opinion).  He has no 1st round draft picks and two of his best players won't even be playing next year (Saric and Embiid).

« Reply #169 on: July 28, 2015, 05:41:34 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
We've never done that before. He left his team like that basically purposely because he was bottoming out, but I see what you're saying. Not the most appealing team for a new guy. We have BFM to replace still too

« Reply #170 on: July 28, 2015, 07:28:38 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
We've never done that before. He left his team like that basically purposely because he was bottoming out, but I see what you're saying. Not the most appealing team for a new guy. We have BFM to replace still too

Actually, we did (Roy Hobbs) ... right?

But regardless -- I think it is a mistake. It's unfortunate that someone is going to inherit that terrible team...but there is a decent foundation.

« Reply #171 on: July 28, 2015, 08:03:37 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Dang whats going on?  ???...hope everyone stays...I just play the game and don't get into no one business...lets just play!!! Plus I change my whole team around and want to watch it grow again so hope league doesn't fold
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #172 on: July 28, 2015, 09:21:05 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Actually, we did (Roy Hobbs) ... right?

But regardless -- I think it is a mistake. It's unfortunate that someone is going to inherit that terrible team...but there is a decent foundation.
idk...Roy was before me.

« Reply #173 on: July 30, 2015, 11:01:44 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
I would call on the people that are considering leaving this league to sit back down at the table and figure it out.  This is a fantasy basketball league.  we aren't telling mr gorbachev to tear down that wall
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #174 on: July 30, 2015, 11:28:58 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I would call on the people that are considering leaving this league to sit back down at the table and figure it out.  This is a fantasy basketball league.  we aren't telling mr gorbachev to tear down that wall
5 points for Gryffendor for a call to compromise, and 5 further points to Gryffendor for a 1980s reference that is appropriate to the event.

« Reply #175 on: July 30, 2015, 02:54:31 PM »

Online byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Hi folks,

I've spoken with many GMs privately about the current situation and feel we have a pretty straightforward resolution, which is:

1) BFM and Harry have both left the league, for reasons I think everyone is familiar with.

2) Bellevue will no longer participate in our public threads on CBlog, but is still an active GM. He is invited to the draft and welcome to make trades privately. If any GMs have issues with private communications, they are asked to a) let the other party know; b) block them as necessary via CBlog inbox or email filter; and c) Let me know that there is a problem.

This would be a good time to take a deep breath & revisit the rules discussion before we bring in 2 new GMs.

« Reply #176 on: July 30, 2015, 03:52:30 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
This would be a good time to take a deep breath & revisit the rules discussion before we bring in 2 new GMs.

Byennie a few things:

1. perhaps for convenience, you could post the constitution in the original post on this thread.

2. Do you still want amendments to be seconded to proceed to a vote?

3. You are handling finding the replacement GM I assume  or would you like folks to make suggestions to you via PM or other method? (I don't have anyone in mind... i just ask since the issue had been raised by other GMs here and in other threads.)

4. Is league business on hold until you find a replacement GM and we settle on rule changes or are you open to processing trades now?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 04:24:40 PM by Gainesville Celtic »
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #177 on: July 30, 2015, 04:09:46 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
I'll go ahead and make a suggested amendment especially since we're facing the possible addition of 2 new GMs soon:

New GM Trading Moratorium (new article)
-------------------------------
8. Upon joining or rejoining the league, new GMs must wait 2 months before trading either their own 1st round pick or any top 50 player (by O-Rank) on their roster.

I proposed this in the h2h league last year and it got a majority vote (9-6) but failed to get a quorum (something we may try and change in the next const. convention). I still feel really strongly about it and think it could avoid new teams coming in and making lopsided deals that precipitate flame wars, which we need no more of.

I'll just quote my comments from then -- rather than re-hash it... b/c I think the discussion we had --- time moratorium vs. league-approval of new GM trades -- is still is relevant:

(for the uninitiated, read from the inside out... sorry for the 4-level quote)

I'm gonna spitball something here:

A moratorium on new GMs trading either their 1st rounder or any top 50 player (by O-ranK) for 2 months upon joining the league.

----------

we've seen this be a much bigger problem in the Pts. league, but in a dynasty format the worst thing is a new GM gutting his team (wittingly or unwittingly), IMO.

I'm in favor of this, or potentially a much stricter threshold for review? Any new GM trading a lottery pick or top 50 player in their first two months must have the trade approved by 70% of the league?

I would second Wiggle's proposal, at least the gist of it - I don't really like flatout banning trading good assets, but a higher bar for approval would add some training wheels to new ownership.  70% might be hard since it's hard to get 70% of the league to vote on anything in the offseason.

personally I'd just like to tell a new GM that they have to wait 2 months (or whatever) than get into a case-by-case review of their trades -- which makes it more subjective and therefore messy in my experience.

If a trade is good enough now, it should be there in 2 months.

1. this is a dynasty league not a redraft league so you don't need to move as quickly as in a redraft/keeper league. Conversely rash decisions last forever here that are wiped away in a league that you can keep (for example) 4 players...

2. the goal, IMO, of this rule is to force a new GM to (a) look at value of his assets/players, (b) give him time to get a number of offers (and hopefully the best return) and/or announce he's looking to move players X, Y, Z.

3. voting on value of players/trades as opposed to setting (even) arbitrary levels gets messy.

I remember my first trade (Biedrins (coming off his best season) for Jason Richardson) was panned by most of the league. I don't want to tell GMs what trades are good or bad, i just don't want them selling the farm the first week.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 04:23:36 PM by Gainesville Celtic »
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #178 on: July 30, 2015, 04:11:59 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Due to people thinking I abandoned a "crap roster" to hurt the league, and now that the commish has resolved the league issues, I have decided to return, and the commish has approved my return. I am proud of my roster, but I realize many people will not appreciate the rebuild I was constructing, so I am back to manage it.

If we can all maintain respect between each other for a few more years, I expect to kick all your butts two seasons from now when my roster matures  ;D
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 04:19:28 PM by hpantazo »

« Reply #179 on: July 30, 2015, 04:20:53 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Hi folks,

I've spoken with many GMs privately about the current situation and feel we have a pretty straightforward resolution, which is:

1) BFM and Harry have both left the league, for reasons I think everyone is familiar with.

2) Bellevue will no longer participate in our public threads on CBlog, but is still an active GM. He is invited to the draft and welcome to make trades privately. If any GMs have issues with private communications, they are asked to a) let the other party know; b) block them as necessary via CBlog inbox or email filter; and c) Let me know that there is a problem.

While I respect the hardwork you put in as commish, I just want to to be known that I am not for the censorship of anybody in these threads and as long as LB33 is willing to do so respectfully and on topic I personally welcome his contributions as well as anybody elses.