Author Topic: which sports blog  (Read 1116 times)

which sports blog
« on: July 26, 2015, 11:27:49 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I was reading another thread here and there were a lot of comments about bleachreport and his credibility (or the lack of) and i started wondering which blogs do you follow ?

Re: which sports blog
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 12:01:19 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I like Deadspin sometimes, because they post about soccer and rip on ESPN. Though there is an element of smut in their work as well.

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 01:42:00 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
for celtics, i often go to reddit. there are some very good posters, but the format is really quite difficult to read.

i also post on SonsofSamHorn. there is not better site for all things red sox. its posts usually are the best, most informed, filled with thoughtful insights, LOTS of homework, and marked by a general atmosphere of overt masculinity. they dont hesitate to let posters  know if they did a poor job.

be forewarned, in general the posters tend to be extremely well prepared and they suffer fools very, very poorly. bring your best work or dont post. i see folks regularly banned for poor posting.

membership is by invitation only, though they accept applications for "lurkers" as well.

they also have celtics threads which are also very well researched. to compare, the very best here at celticsblog would be fine at SoSH. the rest of our content would be purged in a hurry.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 01:44:01 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
for celtics, i often go to reddit. there are some very good posters, but the format is really quite difficult to read.

i also post on SonsofSamHorn. there is not better site for all things red sox. its posts usually are the best, most informed, filled with thoughtful insights, LOTS of homework, and marked by a general atmosphere of overt masculinity. they dont hesitate to let posters  know if they did a poor job.

be forewarned, in general the posters tend to be extremely well prepared and they suffer fools very, very poorly. bring your best work or dont post. i see folks regularly banned for poor posting.

membership is by invitation only, though they accept applications for "lurkers" as well.

they also have celtics threads which are also very well researched. to compare, the very best here at celticsblog would be fine at SoSH. the rest of our content would be purged in a hurry.

Yes, SoSH is legit. I have been a lurker for about ten years now. Very good if you want to follow an informed message thread.