Author Topic: Larry Bird Top 50 Moments  (Read 2932 times)

Larry Bird Top 50 Moments
« on: July 25, 2015, 10:21:48 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Just saw a show on NBATV about Bird's top 50 moments.  can't help but see how true greatness really is and how much people who never saw him play really missed out.  Sorry to all those that think Jordan or (god help me) Lebron are the greatest.  just so many great memories brought back watching that show.  hope all C's fans get a chance to see it.

Re: Larry Bird Top 50 Moments
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 10:42:47 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Just saw a show on NBATV about Bird's top 50 moments.  can't help but see how true greatness really is and how much people who never saw him play really missed out.  Sorry to all those that think Jordan or (god help me) Lebron are the greatest.  just so many great memories brought back watching that show.  hope all C's fans get a chance to see it.

Thank you, Larry is a Top 5 Player ever---Could do SO many things on the court...and had a Killer instinct...which was part of my point in my Mark Jackson post...For some reason, The Ex-Players in this league keep trying to downplay how GREAT Larry Bird was...It's sickening, and someone needs to stand up for Bird.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 10:43:55 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Thank you, Larry is a Top 5 Player ever---Could do SO many things on the court...and had a Killer instinct...which was part of my point in my Mark Jackson post...For some reason, The Ex-Players in this league keep trying to downplay how GREAT Larry Bird was...It's sickening, and someone needs to stand up for Bird.
who?
when?
how?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 10:45:39 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I don't care from what. Having Bird and Magic (and to a slightly lesser extent Dr. J) was like having 2 Jordans at the same time. 

Jordan had good timing. But the showtime Lakers and the 80s Celtics would have ended his whole thing and they would have all had to share pieces of the pie.

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 10:48:13 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

who?
when?
how?
Lots of them. Now. On Tv.

The reason is that this will always happen. You have to sell the game on tv today. People aren't going to pay lots of money to watch NBA Hardwood Classics. They have to sell the game today that's actually happening now. You don't do that by saying "Lebron is definitely the 7th best small forward that ever played!"

It doesn't work that way. 20 years from now there'll be someone else. But that guy won't necessarily be better than Bron was. But players will say he is.

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 11:28:53 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Loved how the documentary talked about the special relationship that he has with Magic. These two wanted to destroy each other on the court, but off it they were/are close friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JWQoZNQ-Gs

Thank God that Magic is still with us and doing well.

So sad that Bias passed...Bias would've stretched our rivalry with LA into the late 80s easily.

EDIT - this post described the "Courtship of Rivals" documentary. Did not mean to deflect thread, sorry.

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 09:51:13 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Loved how the documentary talked about the special relationship that he has with Magic. These two wanted to destroy each other on the court, but off it they were/are close friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JWQoZNQ-Gs

Thank God that Magic is still with us and doing well.

So sad that Bias passed...Bias would've stretched our rivalry with LA into the late 80s easily.

EDIT - this post described the "Courtship of Rivals" documentary. Did not mean to deflect thread, sorry.
np -- that was a good documentary as well.