Author Topic: Ian Thompson article about Celtics building franchise using old school values  (Read 10846 times)

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Others have gone to some length to explain why we believe that the signings of Amir and Lee don't necessarily indicate a lack of prioritizing youth development.

Just because you've attempted to argue your position at length doesn't make it the correct position.

Sure, but the quoted post seemed to indicate that I had not supported the claim in my original post, which I don't think is right at all.

I think I've made my reasons pretty clear for thinking that trading for Lee and acquiring Amir have nothing to do with developing youth and signal that developing youth is at best one of a handful of top priorities for the team currently.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Others have gone to some length to explain why we believe that the signings of Amir and Lee don't necessarily indicate a lack of prioritizing youth development.

Just because you've attempted to argue your position at length doesn't make it the correct position.

Sure, but the quoted post seemed to indicate that I had not supported the claim in my original post, which I don't think is right at all.

I think I've made my reasons pretty clear for thinking that trading for Lee and acquiring Amir have nothing to do with developing youth and signal that developing youth is at best one of a handful of top priorities for the team currently.

You have.

I happen to believe that the signings of Johnson and Lee could help, as opposed to hinder, the development of youth.

I also believe I've made my reasons for believing that fairly clear. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
CBS is a great coach and really excels at player development and team chemistry. That was visibly evident after the All-Star Break once Rondo & Green were traded
Yup, he's so excellent at chemistry that his results were "evident" after the two best players on the team got traded away.

::)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."