Author Topic: 2015/16 NBA Power Rankings  (Read 7357 times)

2015/16 NBA Power Rankings
« on: July 25, 2015, 01:21:15 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Credit to Kevin Ding as I was inspired by his beyond terrible list to attempt my own. I’ll try to remain as unbiased as possible:

1a. Warriors

Great coach, flawless lineup, defending Champs. The Warriors lost no one of note (besides our very own David Lee) and it’s hard to pick against such a perfect roster which is coming off a Finals victory.

1b. Spurs

The most stable and well coached team in the NBA added an All-NBA PF to their roster made up of the defending DPOY, the greatest PF in the history of the league, the best 3 and D player in the league, and unbelievable depth.

1c. Thunder

IMO the Thunder have two of the five best players in the NBA, making them the only team with two bona fide superstars (MVP candidates). Add Ibaka and ridiculous depth, specifically in the front court, to Durant and Westbrook and you have one of the very best teams in the league.

1d. Cavaliers

LeBron James.

1e. Clippers

I thought the Clippers had arguably the best starting lineup in the NBA last year, but their depth was utterly nonexistent. They added the Truth and several really solid bench players, seemingly plugging the one hole in their roster.

IMO the top five teams are essentially flawless and are all too similar in quality to really differentiate. The above teams are the creme de la creme of the NBA.

6. Rockets

Harden’s a stud playing alongside a real PG now, Dwight is still excellent, and there are no glaring holes in the Rockets’ roster.

7. Grizzlies

Excellent frontcourt, including the second best Center in the league. They fortified their bench this offseason and will be really solid once again.

8. Bucks

I decided to be bold and go with my gut here. I know it’s a huge jump from last year, but I couldn’t talk myself into putting the Bulls or Heat ahead of this young Bucks team. This is probably the second best young core in the league (Minny first) and I feel like it’s all going to come together for them this year. Kidd is a great coach and now has Monroe and added depth to work with. I see Giannis taking another BIG leap forward this year.

9. Bulls

No major changes in Chicago besides the coaching change, they should be a contender in the East once again.

10. Heat

Full season of Dragic and Bosh, solid depth, and the addition of Justise Winslow. Even if Winslow can’t contribute on offense right away, he’ll be able to guard just about anyone.

11. Hawks

I think they overachieved last year and Carroll is a big loss, but they should be near the top of the East again next year.

12. Pelicans

In each of his first 3 years in the league Anthony Davis has improved in nearly every statistical category, enough said.

13. Jazz

Best young frontcourt in the NBA, Gordon ‘Swiss Army Knife’ Hayward, and youth make the Jazz a promising team to break into the Western playoff scene next year. If Hood continues to impress and Exum rights the ship, this could be a very dangerous team in a few years.

14. Suns

All-around solid roster with a lot of young and intriguing talent. They might move up a few slots once they assure us all that Bledsoe and Knight are a workable duo in the long term.

15. Wizards

The best young backcourt in the NBA with some decent depth, but the loss of the Truth hurts them a lot.

16. Celtics

I don’t think we’re the 53 win team that our post ASG record indicates, but we were a nearly .500 team without Lee and Amir. Without significant losses, with some solid additions, and with some growth from the likes of Smart, Crowder, and others, we should be a fairly competitive team next year. We won’t be getting Banner #18 next year, but we’ll be fun to watch and should avoid the Cavs in the first round of the playoffs, allowing for a little extra Celtics basketball in the Spring.

17. Raptors

They probably got incrementally better this year, but the rest of the East improved more. I expect a slight decline from the Raptors, but they should be decent and our only real competition in the Atlantic.

18. Pacers

It’s been a weird off season for the Pacers with a lot of roster turnover, but the return of Paul George makes them a great contender to make it into the playoffs this year.

19. Pistons

Monroe, despite his talent, was not a great fit in Detroit. Additionally, Stanley Johnson, who was one of my favorite players in the draft, should be able to contribute immediately using his defensive abilities and strength/size. Drummond, KCP, and Jackson have all showed a lot of promise early in their careers and should continue to grow. The Pistons should be much more dangerous in 2016/17.

20. Hornets

The Hornets are such a meh team. I hate just about every move they made this offseason and I expect that, in hindsight, the Vonleh trade and (lack of) Kaminsky trade will go down as two of the worst moves of this offseason. I fully expect the Hornets to continue to wallow in mediocrity for years to come.

21. Kings

On paper Sacramento improved a lot, but I don’t think the new roster will gel particularly well and the West is super tough. They’ll stay out of the lowest of the low since Boogie is an absolute beast.

22. Mavericks

The essence of mediocrity. Their PG is a shell of his former self. Their SG is coming off an achilles tear. Their SF is coming off knee surgery. Their PF is 37 and also a shell of his former self. Their C is solid bench player. This is one terrible starting lineup and I’m genuinely worried this pick may not convey.

23. Timberwolves

No team in the league has more young talent than the T-Wolves, but it will take time for them to develop. In 3-4 years the Wolves may have the best duo in the league (Wig and KAT) and be a legitimate contender; Minnesota’s future is beyond bright. Unfortunately, I don’t see this pick conveying unless Wig emerges as an All-NBA player already and KAT is ROY.

24. Knicks

There’s some more talent in NY this coming year and Melo is a clear upgrade over the fringe NBA talent they were rolling out there last year. Porzingis could be GREAT some day, but that’s multiple years in the future. The Knicks will be better in 2015/16 than they were in 14/15, but that’s not saying much.

25. Magic

Another team with loads of young talent. Hezonja was one of my favorite guys in the draft and I think he’s going to be downright monstrous eventually. However, these guys are very young and it’ll take some time before it all gels, much like the T-Wolves. I expect the Magic to be fighting for a playoff spot as early as 2016/17.

26. Nets

The 2015/16 Nets will feature Brook Lopez, Thaddeus Young, Joe Johnson, and 12 borderline NBA players. Amazingly, by moving on from DWill the Nets actually got worse at PG. I honestly didn’t think that was possible, but along came Jarrett Jack. If Lopez’s chronic foot injuries strike again, this team drops down to 30th. In other words, start watching highlights of Ben Simmons, Jaylen Brown, Brandon Ingram, and Skal Labissiere and mark June 23, 2016 on your calendars.

27. Nuggets

There’s some nice young talent in Denver, but Ty Lawson is a big loss on the court. Mudiay seems to have the potential to be an unbelievable pure PG. From what I’ve read, he seems to really love dishing the ball and is extremely unselfish as well. If Mudiay pans out, this team could be very exciting in a few years.

28. Lakers

Defensively, the 2015/16 Lakers will be the equivalent of the 2013 Dallas Cowboys. Roy Hibbert and Brandon Bass may be the only above average defenders on the entire team. I think Russell could evolve into a spectacular player eventually, but not while Kobe is cancerously impeding his development. I see Randle being unable to translate his strengths to the NBA game and falling flat. The Lakers are fraught with egotistic volume scorers who don’t play defense, they’ll be VERY bad.

29. Blazers

You can’t really expect a lot from a team which lost 4 of it’s 5 starters, including an All-NBA PF. Damian Lillard is still a beast, but he won’t be able to carry this team alone. On the bright side, they’ll be able to afford guys like Vonleh valuable PT. With added talent from an early pick next year, internal development from the likes of Leonard and Vonleh, and the continued excellence of Dame, the Blazers should return to contention relatively soon.

30. Sixers

I’m not going to pick on the Sixers here. They have some great prospects in Nerlens and Jah, but both are still inexperienced and neither plays PG. Until the Sixers start winning consistently, I’ll be leaving them at #30. I just have no reason to believe that Hinkie’s going to field a competitive squad any time soon.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 03:07:41 PM by max215 »
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Re: 2015/16 NBA Power Rankings
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 10:03:08 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Credit to Kevin Ding as I was inspired by his beyond terrible list to attempt my own. I’ll try to remain as unbiased as possible:

1a. Warriors

Great coach, flawless lineup, defending Champs. The Warriors lost no one of note (besides our very own David Lee) and it’s hard to pick against such a perfect roster which is coming off a Finals victory.

1b. Spurs

The most stable and well coached team in the NBA added an All-NBA PF to their roster made up of the defending DPOY, the greatest PF in the history of the league, the best 3 and D player in the league, and unbelievable depth.

1c. Thunder

IMO the Thunder have two of the five best players in the NBA, making the only team with two bona fide superstars (MVP candidates). Add Ibaka and ridiculous depth, specifically in the front court, to Durant and Westbrook and you have one of the very best teams in the league.

1d. Cavaliers

LeBron James.

1e. Clippers

I thought the Clippers had arguably the best starting lineup in the NBA last year, but their depth was utterly nonexistent. They added the Truth and several really solid bench players, seemingly plugging the one hole in their roster.

IMO the top six teams are essentially flawless and are all too similar in quality to really differentiate. The above teams are the creme de la creme of the NBA.

6. Rockets

Harden’s a stud playing alongside a real PG now, Dwight is still excellent, and there are no glaring holes in the Rockets’ roster.

7. Grizzlies

Excellent frontcourt, including the second best Center in the league. They fortified their bench this offseason and will be really solid once again.

8. Bucks

I decided to be bold and go with my gut here. I know it’s a huge jump from last year, but I couldn’t talk myself into putting the Bulls or Heat ahead of this young Bucks team. This is probably the second best young core in the league (Minny first) and I feel like it’s all going to come together for them this year. Kidd is a great coach and now has Monroe and added depth to work with. I see Giannis taking another BIG leap forward this year.

9. Bulls

No major changes in Chicago besides the coaching change, they should be a contender in the East once again.

10. Heat

Full season of Dragic and Bosh, solid depth, and the addition of Justise Winslow. Even if Winslow can’t contribute on offense right away, he’ll be able to guard just about anyone.

11. Hawks

I think they overachieved last year and Carroll is a big loss, but they should be near the top of the East again next year.

12. Pelicans

In each of his first 3 years in the league Anthony Davis has improved in nearly every statistical category, enough said.

13. Jazz

Best young frontcourt in the NBA, Gordon ‘Swiss Army Knife’ Hayward, and youth make the Jazz a promising team to break into the Western playoff scene next year. If Hood continues to impress and Exum rights the ship, this could be a very dangerous team in a few years.

14. Suns

All-around solid roster with a lot of young and intriguing talent. They might move up a few slots once they assure us all that Bledsoe and Knight are a workable duo in the long term.

15. Wizards

The best young backcourt in the NBA with some decent depth, but the loss of the Truth hurts them a lot.

16. Celtics

I don’t think we’re the 53 win team that our post ASG record indicates, but we were a nearly .500 team without Lee and Amir. Without significant losses, with some solid additions, and with some growth from the likes of Smart, Crowder, and others, we should be a fairly competitive team next year. We won’t be getting Banner #18 next year, but we’ll be fun to watch and should avoid the Cavs in the first round of the playoffs, allowing for a little extra Celtics basketball in the Spring.

17. Raptors

They probably got incrementally better this year, but the rest of the East improved more. I expect a slight decline from the Raptors, but they should be decent and our only real competition in the Atlantic.

18. Pacers

It’s been a weird off season for the Pacers with a lot of roster turnover, but the return of Paul George makes them a great contender to make it into the playoffs this year.

19. Pistons

Monroe, despite his talent, was not a great fit in Detroit. Additionally, Stanley Johnson, who was one of my favorite players in the draft, should be able to contribute immediately using his defensive abilities and strength/size. Drummond, KCP, and Jackson have all showed a lot of promise early in their careers and should continue to grow. The Pistons should be much more dangerous in 2016/17.

20. Hornets

The Hornets are such a meh team. I hate just about every move they made this offseason and I expect that, in hindsight, the Vonleh trade and (lack of) Kaminsky trade will go down as two of the worst moves of this offseason. I fully expect the Hornets to continue to wallow in mediocrity for years to come.

21. Kings

On paper Sacramento improved a lot, but I don’t think the new roster will gel particularly well and the West is super tough. They’ll stay out of the lowest of the low since Boogie is an absolute beast.

22. Mavericks

The essence of mediocrity. Their PG is a shell of his former self. Their SG is coming off an achilles tear. Their SF is coming off knee surgery. Their PF is 37 and also a shell of his former self. Their C is solid bench player. This is one terrible starting lineup and I’m genuinely worried this pick may not convey.

23. Timberwolves

No team in the league has more young talent than the T-Wolves, but it will take time for them to develop. In 3-4 years the Wolves may have the best duo in the league (Wig and KAT) and be a legitimate contender; Minnesota’s future is beyond bright. Unfortunately, I don’t see this pick conveying unless Wig emerges as an All-NBA player already and KAT is ROY.

24. Knicks

There’s some more talent in NY this coming year and Melo is a clear upgrade over the fringe NBA talent they were rolling out there last year. Porzingis could be GREAT some day, but that’s multiple years in the future. The Knicks will be better in 2015/16 than they were in 14/15, but that’s not saying much.

25. Magic

Another team with loads of young talent. Hezonja was one of my favorite guys in the draft and I think he’s going to be downright monstrous eventually. However, these guys are very young and it’ll take some time before it all gels, much like the T-Wolves. I expect the Magic to be fighting for a playoff spot as early as 2016/17.

26. Nets

The 2015/16 Nets will feature Brook Lopez, Thaddeus Young, Joe Johnson, and 12 borderline NBA players. Amazingly, by moving on from DWill the Nets actually got worse at PG. I honestly didn’t think that was possible, but along came Jarrett Jack. If Lopez’s chronic foot injuries strike again, this team drops down to 30th. In other words, start watching highlights of Ben Simmons, Jaylen Brown, Brandon Ingram, and Skal Labissiere and mark June 23, 2016 on your calendars.

27. Nuggets

There’s some nice young talent in Denver, but Ty Lawson is a big loss on the court. Mudiay seems to have the potential to be an unbelievable pure PG. From what I’ve read, he seems to really love dishing the ball and is extremely unselfish as well. If Mudiay pans out, this team could be very exciting in a few years.

28. Lakers

Defensively, the 2015/16 Lakers will be the equivalent of the 2013 Dallas Cowboys. Roy Hibbert and Brandon Bass may be the only above average defenders on the entire team. I think Russell could evolve into a spectacular player eventually, but not while Kobe is cancerously impeding his development. I see Randle being unable to translate his strengths to the NBA game and falling flat. The Lakers are fraught with egotistic volume scorers who don’t play defense, they’ll be VERY bad.

29. Blazers

You can’t really expect a lot from a team which lost 4 of it’s 5 starters, including an All-NBA PF. Damian Lillard is still a beast, but he won’t be able to carry this team alone. On the bright side, they’ll be able to afford guys like Vonleh valuable PT. With added talent from an early pick next year, internal development from the likes of Leonard and Vonleh, and the continued excellence of Dame, the Blazers should return to contention relatively soon.

30. Sixers

I’m not going to pick on the Sixers here. They have some great prospects in Nerlens and Jah, but both are still inexperienced and neither plays PG. Until the Sixers start winning consistently, I’ll be leaving them at #30. I just have no reason to believe that Hinkie’s going to field a competitive squad any time soon.

Thoughts?

I think bleacher report should hire you. Great job!!

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 02:13:28 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
I suspect I'd have the Lakers a spot or two higher, the Nuggets at 29, the Knicks bottom 3, and the Nets at about 20 but overall pretty good list.

There's always a team between 16-24 that has a rash of injuries and plummets and a team in the bottom five that makes an unexpected leap. But for the most part I think you're spot on.

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 02:31:48 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
I think the Rockets and maybe even the Griz should get 1e and 1f ranking, respectively.

The Rockets added Ty Lawson and Sam Dekker, will bring back Beverley and DMo back from injury and should see internal improvement from Harden (that's scary), Terrence Jones, DMo, and Clint Capela. They only really lost Kostas Papanikoulau. They're going to be dangerous.

The Griz lost Nick Calathes, Jon Leuer and Kosta Koufos, but added Matt Barnes, Brandan Wright, Jarrell Martin and Andrew Harrison and should see internal improvement from Jarnell Stokes, Jordan Adams, and JaMychal Green.

Conley/Udrih/Andrew Harrison
TA/Lee/[Vince Carter]
Jeff Green/Matt Barnes/Vince Carter
Zach Randolph/Stokes/Martin/JaMychal Green
Marc Gasol/Brandan Wright

is frighteningly deep.

I like your gamble on the Bucks. They'll be an exciting team.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 02:39:54 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
I think you should be a little more bold at the top of the list. I think GS and SAS stand out above the rest.

1A. Golden State
1B. San Antonio
3. Cleveland
4. Houston
5. Los Angeles Clippers
6. OKC (have to prove healthy first)

7. Memphis
8. Chicago
9. Miami
10. Milwaukee
11. Atlanta
12. Washington

13. New Orleans
14. Utah
15. Indiana
16. Boston
17. Phoenix
18. Dallas
19. Toronto
20. Charlotte

21. Sacramento
22. Detroit
23. Orlando
24. New York
25. Brooklyn
26. Los Angeles Lakers

27. Minnesota
28. Portland
29. Nuggets
30. Philadelphia

So as I see it, there are five distinct tiers this year:

Tier 1 (True Title Contenders): 1-7
Tier 2 (Faux Title Contenders): 8-12
Tier 3 (True Playoffs Contenders): 13-20
Tier 4 (Faux Playoffs Contenders): 21-26
Tier 5 (Rebuilding Teams): 27-30

There is some separation between the tiers, but the individual tiers themselves are extremely tight and competitive. For example, our tier 3 is extremely competitive, and so is the true title contenders tier.

EDIT: I'm still undecided on Memphis. An argument could very well be made that they should be in the first tier, but I'm comfortable with them being at the top of tier 2 as well.

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 04:54:13 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
I think Miami is a top 5 team. They might get past Cleveland if they are healthy at playoff time.

We snuck past them last year, but consider how much stronger they should be next year:

They get Bosh back
They added Winslow.
They get McRoberts back.
They added Amare Stoudemire and Gerald Green to their bench.
They will have a full year to integrate Dragic.

That's a lot of talent that wasn't there last year. If Wade doesn't break down at playoff time and if Hassan Whiteside holds it together and plays as well or better than he did last year, I would not be surprised if they win the Eastern conference.

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 05:22:29 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I think Miami is a top 5 team. They might get past Cleveland if they are healthy at playoff time.

We snuck past them last year, but consider how much stronger they should be next year:

They get Bosh back
They added Winslow.
They get McRoberts back.

That's a lot of talent that wasn't there last year. If Wade doesn't break down at playoff time and if Hassan Whiteside holds it together and plays as well or better than he did last year, I would not be surprised if they win the Eastern conference.
Winslow unproven, Green not gonna move the needle much, Amare and McRoberts? Lol
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 05:28:36 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

They get Bosh back
They added Winslow.
They get McRoberts back.

I've seen several people try to argue this, but I don't see how the return of Bosh and added depth turns a bottom 10 team into a top 5 team.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 05:29:12 PM »

Offline JoeyAinge

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4
Miami is the deepest team in the NBA, just need health.

Dragic/Shabazz Napier/ Chalmers
Wade/Gerald Green
Deng/Winslow
Bosh/McBob/ Haslem
Whiteside/Amare

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2015, 05:33:47 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
I think the Rockets and maybe even the Griz should get 1e and 1f ranking, respectively.

The Rockets added Ty Lawson and Sam Dekker, will bring back Beverley and DMo back from injury and should see internal improvement from Harden (that's scary), Terrence Jones, DMo, and Clint Capela. They only really lost Kostas Papanikoulau. They're going to be dangerous.

The Griz lost Nick Calathes, Jon Leuer and Kosta Koufos, but added Matt Barnes, Brandan Wright, Jarrell Martin and Andrew Harrison and should see internal improvement from Jarnell Stokes, Jordan Adams, and JaMychal Green.

Conley/Udrih/Andrew Harrison
TA/Lee/[Vince Carter]
Jeff Green/Matt Barnes/Vince Carter
Zach Randolph/Stokes/Martin/JaMychal Green
Marc Gasol/Brandan Wright

is frighteningly deep.

I like your gamble on the Bucks. They'll be an exciting team.

I think the Rockets will be right up there, but their constant injury concerns really worry me. We also don't know when Lawson will be back and if he'll be a good fit. I see Houston as just barely worse than the elite contenders. I think Memphis will also be really good, but TA, Gasol, and Randolph are all on the wrong side of 30. Their depth is good enough that- if everything goes right- they could win it all, but I think they have decidedly less likely odds than the elite contenders and Houston.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2015, 05:36:38 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

Wade/Gerald Green
Deng/Winslow
Bosh/McBob/ Haslem
Whiteside/Amare

GS, SA, and possibly Houston are all deeper.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2015, 05:42:19 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
I think you should be a little more bold at the top of the list. I think GS and SAS stand out above the rest.

1A. Golden State
1B. San Antonio
3. Cleveland
4. Houston
5. Los Angeles Clippers
6. OKC (have to prove healthy first)

7. Memphis
8. Chicago
9. Miami
10. Milwaukee
11. Atlanta
12. Washington

13. New Orleans
14. Utah
15. Indiana
16. Boston
17. Phoenix
18. Dallas
19. Toronto
20. Charlotte

21. Sacramento
22. Detroit
23. Orlando
24. New York
25. Brooklyn
26. Los Angeles Lakers

27. Minnesota
28. Portland
29. Nuggets
30. Philadelphia

So as I see it, there are five distinct tiers this year:

Tier 1 (True Title Contenders): 1-7
Tier 2 (Faux Title Contenders): 8-12
Tier 3 (True Playoffs Contenders): 13-20
Tier 4 (Faux Playoffs Contenders): 21-26
Tier 5 (Rebuilding Teams): 27-30

There is some separation between the tiers, but the individual tiers themselves are extremely tight and competitive. For example, our tier 3 is extremely competitive, and so is the true title contenders tier.

EDIT: I'm still undecided on Memphis. An argument could very well be made that they should be in the first tier, but I'm comfortable with them being at the top of tier 2 as well.

I honestly think OKC, GS, SA, CLE, and LAC are on equal footing. I considered doing tiers in my OP but decided against it. These would be mine:

Tier 1 (Elite Contenders): 1-5
Tier 2 (Contenders): 6-7
Tier 3 (EC Contenders): 8-11
Tier 4 (Up & Comers): 12-16
Tier 5 (Playoff Hopefuls): 17-25
Tier 6 (Rebuilding): 26-30
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 05:49:42 PM by max215 »

DKC Clippers

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2015, 05:52:18 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
TP in the hopes that your rankings are right.

That gives us the 6th, 9th, and 16th picks.

The Mavs are no joke but the West is too good this year and Minny, LAL, and Portland are the only teams worse than them so by default they are that low. Nets could be that low but they could get lucky now that D. Williams is gone and get into the playoffs.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2015, 06:20:15 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

Wade/Gerald Green
Deng/Winslow
Bosh/McBob/ Haslem
Whiteside/Amare

If all goes right they'll be the second seed in the east and can give the Cavs a good series in the ECF, but they are not the deepest team in the NBA. Put them in the west and they are the 7th seed. Haslem hasn't been good in years and Napier hasn't proven a thing.

TP in the hopes that your rankings are right.

That gives us the 6th, 9th, and 16th picks.

The Mavs are no joke but the West is too good this year and Minny, LAL, and Portland are the only teams worse than them so by default they are that low. Nets could be that low but they could get lucky now that D. Williams is gone and get into the playoffs.

How? Stats show that even though Deron Williams is washed up the Nets were still better with him on the court than without last year. The Nets lost more than they gained this off-season. Indy, Detroit, Miami, and Charlotte should all be better than Brooklyn this season. New York could even be better than Brooklyn this season. Unless Shane Larkin and Thomas Robinson suddenly explode out of nowhere, Brooklyn's season is all but doomed.

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2015, 07:50:18 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Contenders

- Warriors
- Spurs
- Cavs
- Rockets
- Clippers
- Grizzlies
- Thunder

Tough Outs

- Hawks
- Wizards
- Heat
- Pelicans
- Bulls
- Suns
- Bucks
- Jazz

Playoff Roadkill / Late Lottery Purgatory

- Raptors
- Pistons
- Hornets
- Celtics
- Nets
- Kings
- Pacers
- Mavericks
- Magic
- Knicks

Trash

- Lakers
- Nuggets
- Wolves
- Blazers
- Sixers
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain