Author Topic: My biggest regret in this off season  (Read 4005 times)

Re: My biggest regret in this off season
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2015, 12:12:26 AM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
Mine is not taking Justin Anderson with our first pick.  I believe that could have givin us 4 potential starters in a couple years in 2 drafts.  I think Smart, Hunter, Anderson, and Mickey at the 4 could have been very attractive to a FA big in a couple years. 
blind optimist or GENIUS

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2015, 05:01:43 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
My biggest regret is not being a bit stronger and telling people not to be surprised if the Celtics draft a point guard when I posted this before the draft:

Don't be surprised if the Celtics trade #16 and #28 for a pick in the low 20s and a future first, but don't be surprised if the Celtics keep both firsts and use neither of them on a center.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2015, 08:04:33 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Robin Lopez (I feel like he would've been a great fit with the C's) or Tobias Harris. Both would've been difference makers.

Have to agree with Lopez, solid defensive center and got signed for "small" money, at least by today's standards.. I think he would have been the smarter play over Amir, but time will tell.

Also agree with Tobias, and not fully convinced we couldn't have made a move for him. Orlando had no interest in signing the kid for 10 mill half way through last season, I think a decent package offered to them for a sign and trade would have made him ours. 
I personally thought they drafted Hezonja to move on from TH.

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2015, 08:27:40 AM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
Michael Jordan being a jerk.

Seriously. I wanted Justise Winslow and that fraking Galoot turned down our draft picks to select a bigger Galoot in Frank Kaminsky.

I wanted Smart + Winslow so badly. It HURTS to see him on the heat.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2015, 03:42:44 PM »

Offline MrMorrill

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9
My biggest regret was not signing this guy. I know we probably would not have been able to get amir johnson but this guys is just amazing when you watch this video.Everyone projected us to sign him or be the top team to sign him. Yet we didn't even talk to him. His name tobais harris. just go to this link and click the top video.

https://www.facebook.com/nba?fref=nf

A lot of "I", "We" "Us" in there... Danny?!

Magic would not have let him slip away... The Celtics should win a decent amount more games than Orlando will, Tobias is good but I've come around to the moves Ainge made.