Author Topic: Who would have taken Frank K. Before 16.  (Read 5308 times)

Who would have taken Frank K. Before 16.
« on: July 24, 2015, 06:25:47 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

If they could have gotten Frank the tank at 16 it would be one of the dumbest refusals of all time.

Re: Who would have taken Frank K. Before 16.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 06:28:09 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I continue to feel the Winslow hangover too. Keep your head up, bud. PM me for tele-psychotherapy at a low cost (mods: not a real advertisement, just want a TP).
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 06:28:19 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
It's very possible the Celtics dodged a bullett with Charlotte's refusal of the deal. I'd love to have Justice Winslow right now, but you've gotta take the long view and if one of those picks we were offering turns into something valuable (or if Winslow is a bust of if Rozier comes on strong) this could be a pretty good 'what if?'
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 06:33:19 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
I'm so happy Charlotte is retarted.

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 06:33:23 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Hard to say.
I think it would depend on Miami's move if we picked Winslow ahead of them. If Miami went with Myles Turner at #10 then I could realistically see the Pacers pick Kaminsky at #11. Bird was reportedly high on Frank the tank.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 06:36:40 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Hard to say.
I think it would depend on what Miami would do if we picked Winslow ahead of them. If Miami went with Myles Turner at #10 then I could realistically see the Pacers pick Kaminsky at #11. Bird was reportedly high on Frank the tank.
Yeah. That sounds likely.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 06:41:03 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I'm so happy Charlotte is retarted.

Ahahaha ;D.

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 06:43:12 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Hard to say.
I think it would depend on Miami's move if we picked Winslow ahead of them. If Miami went with Myles Turner at #10 then I could realistically see the Pacers pick Kaminsky at #11. Bird was reportedly high on Frank the tank.

Hmm, if Turner was gone, I think that Bird would have taken Cameron Payne, but that's just me.

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 06:48:24 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Regardless of what our guys wind up doing, I think Charlotte is going to regret passing up the offer. I just can't foresee Kaminsky being a good NBA player. Best case scenario, he's what, a more aggressive Kelly Olynyk? Possibly the worst part for CHA though, they dumped Vonleh to make space for Frank.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 06:56:02 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Hard to say.

Hmm, if Turner was gone, I think that Bird would have taken Cameron Payne, but that's just me.
True that could have been an outcome too ;D!
Reports were also claiming that the Hawks were trying to trade up in order to pick Kaminsky too, so I don't think that he would have been available at #16 :P
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 07:05:14 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Regardless of what our guys wind up doing, I think Charlotte is going to regret passing up the offer. I just can't foresee Kaminsky being a good NBA player. Best case scenario, he's what, a more aggressive Kelly Olynyk? Possibly the worst part for CHA though, they dumped Vonleh to make space for Frank.

They got rid of Vonleh wayyy too early on his development, but Batum will be a good player for them. It's too bad for them that Henderson was also in the deal - seems like a throw-in that they might regret.

As for Frank, it probably worked out for us. People don't necessarily love Rozier, but they do like RJ and Mickey. Those guys as well as a couple of additional first rounders would have had also been gone in the deal.

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 07:12:59 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

They got rid of Vonleh wayyy too early on his development, but Batum will be a good player for them. It's too bad for them that Henderson was also in the deal - seems like a throw-in that they might regret.

As for Frank, it probably worked out for us. People don't necessarily love Rozier, but they do like RJ and Mickey. Those guys as well as a couple of additional first rounders would have had also been gone in the deal.

Slight problem there: Batum is an UFA after this season. If the Hornets are as mediocre as they should be, then why would a young, talented, SG with plenty of suitors choose to resign with them? On the other hand, Vonleh won't even hit RFA until 2018.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2015, 07:16:36 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

If they could have gotten Frank the tank at 16 it would be one of the dumbest refusals of all time.

It doesn't matter.  The team identified a player they wanted, they took him. They didn't want to take the chance.  You see this with Bill Belichick and the Patriots all the time.  They always "reach" for a player(s). Sometimes it works out. sometimes it doesn't.  But when they identify the right player, they take him rather than taking the chance of losing him.

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2015, 07:26:49 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Hard to say.

True that could have been an outcome too ;D!
Reports were also claiming that the Hawks were trying to trade up in order to pick Kaminsky too, so I don't think that he would have been available at #16 :P

Thank god, lol ;D.

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2015, 07:29:53 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

When you read the details of just why Vonleh was moved, it's simply mind numbing, and it makes me think that we could have gotten him for peanuts ;D. Sure, it's a year later, but we'd still technically have gotten the 9th pick from Charlotte ;), lol ;D.