Would you make the trade.

Yes.
18 (29.5%)
No.
38 (62.3%)
Maybe.
5 (8.2%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: Poll: would you trade Rozier for Dougie Mcbuckets  (Read 6999 times)

Re: Poll: would you trade Rozier for Dougie Mcbuckets
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2015, 05:39:10 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
@eja: I say no because I don't think he has as much of a chance of developing into a quality NBA player.

McDermott had a seriously impressive final year in the NCAA, but that season came with a lot of caveats (about to walk away from my computer after a seriously long week for the weekend, but that Creighton team was absurd and ridiculous in a lot of ways), and I don't think he has the athletic ability to compensate for the increase in defense from the NCAA to the NBA, and I don't think he's got much of a shot at becoming a particularly good defender at the NBA level. I see him more as a bigger Jimmer than a slightly smaller Ryan Anderson.
Whereas Rozier has a shot of being better than that. ....yeah ok. I can sorta see that point of view. Makes a certain amount of sense.

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2015, 05:45:19 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
It's totally an effort thing. I just don't think he's worth acquiring. Haven't seen enough of Rozier yet to draw a meaningful conclusion.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2015, 05:46:48 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I seem his as maybe 80% of Wally Szerbiak maybe. He and Marcus Smart were I think the only college draftees invited to Team USA camp and he did pretty well.

Also....this is what it says about his athletic measurements in the nba draft combine

http://www.nbadraft.net/2014-nba-draft-combine-athleticism-test-analysis

If you look his sprint is almost the exact same as M Smart and his vertical was higher. He tested pretty favorably to the other guys.

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2015, 05:48:08 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
That sounds like a statement you should be able to source if true.

DOS, I think you need to prove that he's not worth t anything more than the 55th pick n the Draft.
 I mean he was taking 11th last year in a good draft. Tibs is a tough coach, he's a much better athlete than people think 36.5" vertical. He's a lights or shooter. He's worth way more than the 55thpick come on man get serious. Your better than that.

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2015, 05:51:45 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Saying I wouldn't trade  a top 55 pick for him is not the same thing as saying he is worth less than a top 55 pick. I just don't think he's a player worth going after in any capacity. My judgement. I could be wrong. Also, saying "top 55 protected pick" is sort of shorthand for "a draft pick we'll probably never see"

Unfortunately at 5:50 in the afternoon I have little inclination to find sources about McDermott's worth around the league... particularly for an argument of opinion on CB. :)
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2015, 05:58:55 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
It's totally an effort thing. I just don't think he's worth acquiring. Haven't seen enough of Rozier yet to draw a meaningful conclusion.

Well, what if they said "We will take care of all things effort-related, including paperwork, flying Rozier out to Chi, and talking with McBuckets about life before sending him off."
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2015, 05:59:43 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Hahahahahaha and just give his dad a fake phone number to call when he wants to complain about playing time.

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2015, 06:00:01 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

An effort thing?? We don't have any SF's that shot the three well. Suddenly we could put out lineups like

Smart
Hunter
Dougie
Kelly
Amir

That's not even counting Thomas or Jerkebo we would have real shooting. Really.

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2015, 06:04:06 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
The only thing I could think of would be maybe that Doug makes a little more money than Rozier.  Not much. So maybe we get a future 2nd rounder too or some minor cash considerations.

I'd just rather have Doug.

Here's a question. Do you trade James Young for Doug McD? Why/why not?  Speaking of effort....

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2015, 06:04:36 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
KO for Doug?

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2015, 06:06:38 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

An effort thing?? We don't have any SF's that shot the three well. Suddenly we could put out lineups like

Smart
Hunter
Dougie
Kelly
Amir

That's not even counting Thomas or Jerkebo we would have real shooting. Really.

As in "worth the effort to trade for"

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2015, 06:07:30 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
The only thing I could think of would be maybe that Doug makes a little more money than Rozier.  Not much. So maybe we get a future 2nd rounder too or some minor cash considerations.

Here's a question. Do you trade James Young for Doug McD? Why/why not?  Speaking of effort....

Yes, but probably not for the reason you'd think..

It requires significant effort to not hate life after watching Young play.

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2015, 06:10:20 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
Hahahahahaha and just give his dad a fake phone number to call when he wants to complain about playing time.

Or, if need be, give him IT's number. That guy looks like he has incredible interpersonal skills... love just watching him talk. Convinced he'll be the mayor of Boston someday.. bet he's already breathing down Marty Walsh's neck.

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2015, 06:50:28 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Yes, but probably not for the reason you'd think..

It requires significant effort to not hate life after watching Young play.

Lol ;D, TP.  There's no way in hell that I'd ever even consider this move, though, because that would be highway robbery for Chicago, imo, and I'm not even a big Rozier guy.  I figured that the Bulls would have taken him, and if they really want him, that tells me that we should hang onto the kid because their front office has a habit of finding gems in the mid-to-late first round and beyond.  Just look at Jimmy Butler and Mirotic.

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2015, 06:57:50 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
KO for Doug?

Yes, but I think that our defense would be even worse after such a move, and we already have Hunter for shooting, anyway.  I know that Young looks bad on defense, but at least he has the physical ability to guard the 2 and 3 spots, and he did look a lot better toward the end of the summer league.  McDermott, on the other hand, flat out just doesn't have the quickness or speed to be anything more than a minor annoyance to the top guys in the league at his position in Lebron, Paul George, Melo, Leonard, Joe Johnson, and even Pierce at this stage of his career would still flat out embarrass him, imo.

Edit - actually, I'm not sure if I'd trade KO for Doug.  The whole thing just sounds like having to choose between the lesser of two evils, lol ;D.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 07:24:59 PM by Beat LA »