Author Topic: Give me your opinion on what it takes to pry Barnes from G.S.  (Read 6664 times)

Re: Give me your opinion on what it takes to pry Barnes from G.S.
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2015, 01:39:42 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
going to post again since the last quoted posts were wrong.

So will this be the summer where we finally have restricted free agents switch teams? Yes, and only because team’s will be forced to spend and do so at extreme measures.

Can Golden State afford to keep Harrison Barnes at a near max contract? The Warriors are facing a potential stare-down with Barnes and his agent Jeff Wechsler.

Golden State has $72 million committed in guaranteed salaries for 2016-17. Can the Warriors stay at a championship level with high salaries and still have the resources to improve? The new TV money and rising cap and luxury tax will offset these salaries.

But remember Stephen Curry, who has been underpaid the last few years, is due to be a free agent in 2017. If you factor in Barnes at near-max money and Curry at the max, you are looking potentially at $80 million in salaries for four players –  Curry, Barnes, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green. Don’t be surprised to see a player of Barnes caliber entertaining offer sheets from multiple teams.

http://hoopshype.com/2015/07/26/the-rookie-extension-impact-for-2016/
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2015, 02:02:12 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

So will this be the summer where we finally have restricted free agents switch teams? Yes, and only because team’s will be forced to spend and do so at extreme measures.

Can Golden State afford to keep Harrison Barnes at a near max contract? The Warriors are facing a potential stare-down with Barnes and his agent Jeff Wechsler.

Golden State has $72 million committed in guaranteed salaries for 2016-17. Can the Warriors stay at a championship level with high salaries and still have the resources to improve? The new TV money and rising cap and luxury tax will offset these salaries.

But remember Stephen Curry, who has been underpaid the last few years, is due to be a free agent in 2017. If you factor in Barnes at near-max money and Curry at the max, you are looking potentially at $80 million in salaries for four players –  Curry, Barnes, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green. Don’t be surprised to see a player of Barnes caliber entertaining offer sheets from multiple teams.

The real question is Barnes a max player on the Celtics?

I would still hold onto the hope that DMC or Melo doesn't pan out in their respective teams, and we can start trying to pull in another Allstar next to one or hopefully both of them.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2015, 02:17:07 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

The real question is Barnes a max player on the Celtics?

I would still hold onto the hope that DMC or Melo doesn't pan out in their respective teams, and we can start trying to pull in another Allstar next to one or hopefully both of them.
He would be getting the smaller max similar to what Greg Monroe got, but yes I think he is worth that (or at least will be next year). It is going to be a players market next year so I think a lot of guys will get contracts that people think are high. If the max is what the market dictates his price is then I would be fine with him at the max in Boston.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2015, 05:02:39 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Why can't they do it?  Cleveland is doing it with Lebron, Love, Irving and soon to be T.  Thompson. Especially with the cap going up big time like it is the next couple of years.

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2015, 05:20:37 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
A serious injury to Steph Curry that ends the Warriors' title chances this year, and the Warriors feeling that Barnes is not worth the max to them, but would be to other teams

Plus a starting-caliber SF to replace him
I'm bitter.

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2015, 05:22:21 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
A serious injury to Steph Curry that ends the Warriors' title chances this year, and the Warriors feeling that Barnes is not worth the max to them, but would be to other teams

Plus a starting-caliber SF to replace him

And to think, we just gave them Gerald Wallace ;D.