Author Topic: Give me your opinion on what it takes to pry Barnes from G.S.  (Read 6679 times)

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Been looking for SF's with scoring punch. What would they want on our team.

Hunter, Kelly, picks they could set them self up for the future with 2 future firsts plus the player of their choice and set themselves up for a real dynasty run.
 Ideas anyone.

Re: Give me your opinion on what it takes to pry Barnes from G.S.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 01:47:01 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
"If it aint broke don't fix it"

Why would Golden State be looking towards the future when they are currently the reigning NBA champions AND their best players (including Barnes) are still pretty young?

Golden States only giving up Barnes if they get an upgrade over him, which we don't have.

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 01:49:47 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think they need someone else to step up at the 3. If they get the idea that he is going to get a 4/80 type max next year they might look to trade him by the deadline.

It would probably take a whole lot of picks.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 01:50:06 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
didn't realize Barnes qualified as a player that had "scoring punch'.   Jeff Green had more scoring punch.

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 01:51:44 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

Why would Golden State be looking towards the future when they are currently the reigning NBA champions AND their best players (including Barnes) are still pretty young?

Golden States only giving up Barnes if they get an upgrade over him, which we don't have.
They are already paying the tax. Steph Curry is going to be up for an extension next season for like $25 MM a year, so they might want to deal Barnes instead of having to not match for him in free agency at a huge rate.

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 01:58:44 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

They are already paying the tax. Steph Curry is going to be up for an extension next season for like $25 MM a year, so they might want to deal Barnes instead of having to not match for him in free agency at a huge rate.

With the cap rising $40+ million in the next 2 years, I don't think that's going to be a problem. Also Wallace and Speights are coming off their books after this year. Bogut and Iguodala will be coming off the books the year after that, and Livingston has a team option after 2016. If Barnes proves to be that valuable this year as they go for the repeat, they may think he's worth it, but I don't know how the Warriors think.

didn't realize Barnes qualified as a player that had "scoring punch'.   Jeff Green had more scoring punch.

Funny I think if he hits his full potential, Harrison Barnes could be the player we all thought Jeff Green was going to be here in Boston.

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 02:01:59 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'm all for getting Barnes but wouldn't give up Hunter as he is another SG fit if Young doesn't develop. KO, Turner and Sully would be my choices along with the Wolves picks. If added to the Wallace for Lee deal it may work $ wise. C's already have Lee, Mickey, Jerekbo and Amir so Sully and KO are expendable IMO. Turner is a decent SF backup if they start Iggie at SF. KO and Sully add to their front court rotation. If anything I throw in a protected 1st as well.

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 02:02:00 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Slam, have you seen him play? Don't even mention Jeff in the same sentence please.
 You have to think of what team he's on. Here he has a chance to avg 18ppg. He takes a back seat to Curry, Thompson, Green.
 Here he would be are most talented scorer.

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 02:13:51 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Steph Curry isn't eligible for a new contract until 2017, the same year that Bogut, Iggy and Livingston come off.  Those three combine for $28 million in salary -- they'll be able to afford a $13 million raise to Curry and a $14 million raise to Barnes in the next two seasons, even without the two enormous cap spikes that are coming.

Barnes is only available if Kevon Looney really shows up to play the second half of this season.  And then it's as a restricted free agent, and not through trade.

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 02:14:41 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
that ship sailed with the lee trade. If there was a chance it would happen it would have happened as part of that.

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 02:25:13 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
that ship sailed with the lee trade. If there was a chance it would happen it would have happened as part of that.

Agreed.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 02:29:29 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Slam, have you seen him play? Don't even mention Jeff in the same sentence please.
 You have to think of what team he's on. Here he has a chance to avg 18ppg. He takes a back seat to Curry, Thompson, Green.
 Here he would be are most talented scorer.
seen him in limited games.  everything you've just said about him was the same things said about Green when he was in OKC and then here after the trade when he took a backseat to PP, Ray and KG.

just seems the rule of thumb is that guys who take a backseat to other players are doing so for a reason.  If they were better, they wouldn't be taking a backseat.   Behind Curry, sure.  Even Thompson.  Green?  no.  Green's a versatile player but if Barnes was a scoring machine in the making I think he'd be #3 on that team for go-to guy.

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2015, 02:44:50 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
The only way you are getting a Championship winning team to part with an important component of that title-winning team when they do not need to make a move is to grossly overpay.

So I'll pass on Harrison Barnes. Price will be way too high for comfort.

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2015, 02:50:38 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
The only way you are getting a Championship winning team to part with an important component of that title-winning team when they do not need to make a move is to grossly overpay.

So I'll pass on Harrison Barnes. Price will be way too high for comfort.
Pretty much all the free agents next year will be grossly overpaid.

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2015, 02:54:40 PM »

Offline oldutican

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12

Wow! You said word for word what I was going to post.