Author Topic: My prediction: Celtics trade for Hayward  (Read 3645 times)

Re: My prediction: Celtics trade for Hayward
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 12:29:36 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
must be me but I don't see Hayward as anything more than an ok player.  certainly wouldn't break the bank for him by giving up 3 solid players, a prospect and a first

It's you man.  Hayward just turned 25 and is coming off a near 20 PPG season, has shown good playmaking skills (5+ and 4+ assists per game the last two years) and is not a defensive liability.  The advanced stats are nice to him too (20.6 PER, 8.7 win shares last year).

That said, Utah is like Boston and needs to consolidate assets (5 1sts last three years, 5 more the next three) as they continue to try to move forward with their young team.  Accordingly this trade doesn't happen.  But rest assured Ainge calls Hayward the second he's allowed to in the 2017-2018 free agency period.

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 12:56:25 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Putting aside Hayward's appeal to Utah's audience, it's also worth considering that the team's ownership and front office part with their homegrown/drafted talent only when they absolutely have to.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 01:03:42 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
must be me but I don't see Hayward as anything more than an ok player.  certainly wouldn't break the bank for him by giving up 3 solid players, a prospect and a first

It's you man.  Hayward just turned 25 and is coming off a near 20 PPG season, has shown good playmaking skills (5+ and 4+ assists per game the last two years) and is not a defensive liability.  The advanced stats are nice to him too (20.6 PER, 8.7 win shares last year).

That said, Utah is like Boston and needs to consolidate assets (5 1sts last three years, 5 more the next three) as they continue to try to move forward with their young team.  Accordingly this trade doesn't happen.  But rest assured Ainge calls Hayward the second he's allowed to in the 2017-2018 free agency period.
fair enough.  I did say it could just be me.  must look great in those games I don't see.