Author Topic: My first trip to Boston impressions  (Read 3974 times)

Re: My first trip to Boston impressions
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2015, 05:19:46 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Well we're heading back today after spending a few days in the Boston area.  I asked some folks on here some advice where to go in the city a few weeks ago.  We only spent about two and a half days but we saw/did a lot.  I'll just hit the bullet points where we were:

-Brockton
-north end harbor
-TD garden ;D
-walhburgers in hingham
-the commons park
-Harvard

If I could describe the people of Boston:  considerate and professional!  Some of the nicest people I've ever met in a big city but I'm just comparing to New York, philly, San antonio.  Still was totally differnt then what I expected.  The first night there I got a flat tire and some guy came right over and helped us change it.  Just a lot of courtesy that I just didn't expect.  I loved the sites, the culture, the history.  Just an overall wonderful experience for the short time we were there.  So thank you to those that live in Boston.  You guys should be very proud ;). We'll definately be back!

Glad to hear that you had a good trip.  I may be biased because I grew up in MA, but I love the Boston area.  History, proximity to great beaches (Cape Cod), proximity to the mountains (NH, VT, ME), and of course, the sports teams (Cs, Patriots, Red Sox, Bruins).  Other aspects that some may take for granted...great colleges and hospitals.  In 2004, my son was in Boston Childrens Hospital for a month (he's ok now) and I met people from all over the world who came to Boston to get the best  care.  I have 3 kids (16, 16, 12) and we go into Boston a bunch of times every year.  I tell them that they are lucky to be near such a great city (even though the winters can SUCK).  My 16 yr old son is a sports fanatic and he really appreciates the sports scene here.  Each pro team has won a championship in his lifetime and we have been to a lot of championship duckboat parades. 

Off topic of Boston but related to travel....
Growing up, my favorite baseball player was Willie Stargell of the Pittsburgh Pirates so I have followed the Pirates ever since.   Now my son is also a Bucs fan so we are going to PNC Park in Pitt this weekend for a couple of games.  Hopefully we have a good trip like you had (minus the flat tire).

Willie is/was my cousin through marriage :).  I'm a bucs fan too although not much of a baseball fan.  I care if they're winning otherwise I dont lol.

Yea, definately need to get back to the beaches and some historic areas.  Some other highlites were seeing the Paul revere house and gettin a picture with the bill Russell statue. Brocton was the most convenient and affordable are at the comfort inn.  That place was great too.

Are you serious about Willie?!?!   That's crazy.  I am looking forward to seeing his statue at PNC Park. 

I heard that Brockton is beautiful this time of year.  Lol.  Actually I pass through Brockton every day on my way to work and its pretty sketchy. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.