Poll

Did we address are weakness's.

Yes. Amir and Lee plus the draft picks answers are problems.
7 (10.8%)
No. We needed star talent and he wiffed.
12 (18.5%)
He did the best that he could considering his options.
46 (70.8%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: Poll: Did Ainge address the team's weakness.  (Read 6387 times)

Re: Poll: Did Ainge address the team's weakness.
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2015, 01:06:22 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I thought team needed a defender/rebounder 6'10 or taller. Better shooting from SF spot.

I myself wish the team was tanking instead of bringing AJ and Lee.

I agree with you about our needs. But i have these things  to say

1. Tanking and drafting is a pure crab-shoot.   
2. Nobody signs to tanking teams  (see philly)
3. I have no clue why people think every single player on the team needs to be young for a proper rebuild. (sure David Lee is old but its not like we making him our focal point.. He'd be a great 3rd or 4th option..
4. I think we have more then enough youth at this point. Only way we getting better now is through "trades" (Which we have all the assets draft pick etc. to be a perfect partner), talent development" and "extremely lucky mid pick drafting".

That goes for every mid-low market team now.  big market teams are starting to getting put into that category as well. EVERYONE is after rings now. Damian Lillard might be the only faithful one at this point!!
My response to each.
1. Draft is still best way to aquire great talent despite the bust potential. I have faith in DA being able to get good/great players in the draft.
2. No one good signed with playoff pushing C's either so focus of developing and drafting not 6-8 seed in the weak east.
3. I don't have a issue about the talent just if you play them a lot it slow the rebuild of drafting and development of the younger players.
4 Drafting and developing players gets you the pieces to trade for a star. You really aren't drafting a stud outside the top 10 unless you are super lucky. The higher the picks the better odds of success. As Pierce said C's need a top player before other players start wanting to be here. It took Pierce and Allen to get KG to agree to coming here. It's how the NBA is. Drafting high is key for the C's rebuild.