Author Topic: any current news on sully and weight  (Read 73540 times)

Re: any current news on sully and weight
« Reply #405 on: October 07, 2015, 01:56:47 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Awesome pic, Drucci.

« Reply #406 on: October 07, 2015, 03:15:40 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
People like his potential because if he can start knocking down that 3 at the same rate he does in practice, he could become an 18 and 10 player pretty easily.

Well, he has shown no ability to do so, in games, so that is moot.  Doing it in practice and in the game are two very different things, no crowd either.

I expect him to even be borderline-All Star material up until around mid-December.  His conditioning will catch up to him by then though and that's when the regression will begin.  Hopefully the team isn't fooled by it...and other teams are.

You are aware he was the fifth big off the bench and played with the rooks a lot in the second half?

lot of people here excited about Sullinger's potential as an athletic player or as a defender.

Defense is half the game, so far his strengths have never really outweighed his weaknesses like defense and conditioning.   I think he has a place in the league.   I liked how we used him the other day in spurts where his conditioning was less a factor.

Lee and Him on D were terrible together.  I hope we do not see them together again.   He can add offense to any lineup he is in as long as he plays within his strengths which he did the other day.  But he will always be a weak link on D, since this a huge part of the game it makes it an issue that will arise quite a bit.

Our offense hummed when Sully was in there but so did Milan's.   This was really true when Lee and Sully were in there together.   I fear this will be a problem his whole career.

I think most NBA players are decent or above athletes, he is not nor will he ever be.   I think defense and effort are something a player can control as well as their personal fitness.   I do not have sympathy for guys who falter in this area. 

I do think he made some progress moving without the ball yesterday.   But he puts more effort on scoring than defending as always.   His rim protection was pretty sparse.   I hope he continues his fitness efforts but it may have been too little too late.   I always think that he would be in better shape if he trained harder which is clear he did not.

we get a rare glimpse beneath Sully's shirt... and it's quite telling.

He is a pear, wide hips, where most of our guys have a wedge shape with narrow hips and wide shoulders.  Guys with the pear build are rarely athletic maybe they have too.   

eating himself out of his career.

lack of personal discipline has hurt a lot of careers.

« Reply #407 on: October 09, 2015, 03:28:35 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
here is a solution to our Sully problem: just play him 15 minutes a night. Less chance he gets offered a big money deal by another team, he will look better as less time to get winded.

« Reply #408 on: October 09, 2015, 09:01:56 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think the way we have been using him has helped him.   Short bursts, but I think Sully and his agent would cry foul if we did this a lot to lowball him.

« Reply #409 on: October 09, 2015, 09:41:12 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
danny and his jewles...
sully looks great imho, but if lee plays out of his mind like in the first two games, it's 15 mpg for sully.
i'm so excited about this team
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #410 on: October 09, 2015, 11:25:49 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
David Lee is listed at 6'9" and Sully looks taller than him there.
I wonder if Sully would be listed at 6'10" now? perhaps he'll get to 7 feet and fat will be dispersed over a larger mass?
He's an enormous man.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #411 on: October 09, 2015, 12:07:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
The Madrid guys couldn't move Sully .   They pushed , leaned , shoved .....unless you take him down at the knees , he is pretty well planted or owns the three foot of turf where he stands .  They had to play above him .  It was funny watching them try and go through Sully.

« Reply #412 on: October 09, 2015, 08:44:53 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
The Madrid guys couldn't move Sully .   They pushed , leaned , shoved .....unless you take him down at the knees , he is pretty well planted or owns the three foot of turf where he stands .  They had to play above him .  It was funny watching them try and go through Sully.
It's his greatest strength, defensively.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008