Author Topic: any current news on sully and weight  (Read 73705 times)

Re: any current news on sully and weight
« Reply #120 on: August 05, 2015, 07:40:50 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Sully trying out for "Tarzan ".  LOL

« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2015, 08:01:06 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Currently awaiting a news report out the training center located

At

Dominos Pizza

Didn't you hear? They have more than just pizza, so they're changing their name to just Dominoes now. Sully can now get a diet Coke and salad to ingest with his XL Beooklyn Style cheese pizza!

« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2015, 08:20:40 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Am I the only one who has seen these 15 pictures of Sully this summer along with various videos - and still can't decide whether he's in better shape than he was at this time last year?

« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2015, 08:35:16 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I'm not a Sully fan, but he's at least looking better,  which isn't surprising in a contract year when this is about all he's had to focus on for four months now--and still two more months to go until training camp.

I hope he does great--until the C's have and decent chance to trade him!

« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2015, 08:53:26 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Am I the only one who has seen these 15 pictures of Sully this summer along with various videos - and still can't decide whether he's in better shape than he was at this time last year?

TP, I'm right there with you bro

« Reply #125 on: August 05, 2015, 08:59:27 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

TP, I'm right there with you bro

I third this.

« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2015, 09:54:17 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I don't expect six pack abs from him ever, he is not that body type.  He seems to have a pear shaped body.  But it is important, that he can run up and down the court, and stay in front of his man.   That isa vital part of his duties as a player, to his coach, his team mates and it will make sure he has a longer career.

I suspect he is still going to be slow to a large extent regardless of weight and he is not a jumper.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 10:25:46 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2015, 10:12:37 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I'm happy for Sully that he's made a committment to see John Lucas.
Lucas is a powerful influence in the basketball world- very respected.
It was obvious how motivated Sullinger was as a rookie when he was playing with KG and Pierce. KG shouting at him and the old guys holding him accountable was something he seemed to thrive under.
 John Lucas is cut from the same cloth as Pierce and KG- he's a leader and he's not afraid to call you out if you're being a punk.

Sully spending time with Lucas shows me that he wants to get better and wants to light that fire that he had as a rookie. For years we've promised him we'll get him a proper center to play next to. He's had to guard bigger players his entire career and hasn't had the best opportunity to succeed at the power forward position. Stevens believes in 'bigs', but that doesn't mean Sully has been able to play to his strengths.
 They've asked him to play center, to guard centers, to shoot an insane amount of three point shots in hopes of growing his game.

The four things I'm excited about this season for our young core:

*Watching Smart getting better and attacking the basket.
*watching Sully play next to a hardworking rim protector like Amir Johnson who'll keep Sully motivated knowing that if Sully does a good job on his man, that he won't get burned like he did next to Olynyk and Bass.- I think this is Sully's breakout season.
*Watching Rozier and Hunter develop and fight for minutes.
*Watching James Young start to play meaningful minutes and draining threes.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #128 on: August 05, 2015, 10:30:11 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
watching Sully play next to a hardworking rim protector like Amir Johnson who'll keep Sully motivated knowing that if Sully does a good job on his man, that he won't get burned like he did next to Olynyk and Bass.- I think this is Sully's breakout season

Sully sadly is the guy who gets burned as much as anyone, but I think Amir will help him too.  He is going to have work overtime to cover, KO and Sully.   But to hint that Bass, was a worse defender than Sully really submarines any basketball knowledge integrity of your post.  Bass was much more mobile.

« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2015, 10:33:09 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
watching Sully play next to a hardworking rim protector like Amir Johnson who'll keep Sully motivated knowing that if Sully does a good job on his man, that he won't get burned like he did next to Olynyk and Bass.- I think this is Sully's breakout season

Sully sadly is the guy who gets burned as much as anyone, but I think Amir will help him too.  He is going to have work overtime to cover, KO and Sully.   But to hint that Bass, was a worse defender than Sully really submarines any basketball knowledge integrity of your post.  Bass was much more mobile.

Bass defensive awareness was practically non existent... very often out of position or didn't rotate.

That's all I'll say on that matter.

« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2015, 10:50:21 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Bass defensive awareness was practically non existent... very often out of position or didn't rotate.

Yeah that's not actually true, though, and making a nebulous claim like that undermines your point.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #131 on: August 05, 2015, 10:52:35 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Yeah that's not actually true, though.
Agreed on Bass.

On Sully, he was often in position and has good defensive awareness imo. Most of the times he didn't rotate it looked like he just stuck to his man out of fatigue instead of helping. This is hard to prove either way without synergy or some way to show film.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #132 on: August 05, 2015, 11:09:55 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Yeah that's not actually true, though, and making a nebulous claim like that undermines your point.

Make my point about what? I'm not making a point.

I'm just mentioning that Bass' defensive awareness is quite poor. Nothing more and nothing less. An observation that has seemed like common knowledge through pretty much all of Bass' career, particularly with us.

Guess I was wrong about that.

« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2015, 11:14:13 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Of course you're making a point -- the point that "sully could play better now that he's going to be next to Amir Johnson."

Or "Bass was often out of position or didn't rotate." That is also a point. A point you can't prove and a point that is almost certainly coloured by confirmation bias, but a point nonetheless.

I don't think Bass was a particularly good help defender, of course.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #134 on: August 05, 2015, 11:15:31 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Of course you're making a point -- the point that "sully could play better now that he's going to be next to Amir Johnson."

Or "Bass was often out of position or didn't rotate." That is also a point. A point you can't prove and a point that is almost certainly coloured by confirmation bias, but a point nonetheless.

I wasn't making that point, he was quoting someone else. I was just making a tangent observation to what was being discussed.

Well I guess we can now go on to the next phase of arguing about the semantics of "making a point" vs. "making an observation".