Author Topic: any current news on sully and weight  (Read 73535 times)

Re: any current news on sully and weight
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2015, 11:12:53 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Looks promising, but then again we've played this game already last year. I'll believe it when I see it on the court in preseason.

Agreed.

« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2015, 11:33:05 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

https://twitter.com/brown_coach/status/624944828044849152

He's got a lot of incentive to get it right this year, and I think he will. I expect a big year from him--and for Danny to trade him at the deadline.

« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2015, 04:24:52 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Encouragin pictures but you're right that it'll matter most what he looks like in February.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2015, 04:26:32 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
We should just offer Jared a one-year deal every year. Thay way he will never get fat again ;D
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2015, 10:20:22 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2015, 02:51:09 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Coach John Lucas @CoachJohnLucas1
Jared Sullinger fans look forward to seeing a special season from your big man. Focus & ready. ohiostatehoops #CelticsNation #celtics

« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2015, 03:33:55 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Time will tell.   Does he have a choice to come out of shape with the guys we added, not really.  I do see some improvements.

I expect Coach Lucas to say positive things, it is his place, he would be shooting himself in the foot if he did not.

« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2015, 03:34:34 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
He looks like his muscle has gotten more prominent.

Is he bulking and then cutting after?

My boy Sully! I believe in you man!

« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2015, 03:38:24 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Time will tell.   Does he have a choice to come out of shape with the guys we added, not really.  I do see some improvements.

I expect Coach Lucas to say positive things, it is his place, he would be shooting himself in the foot if he did not.

I don't know, the dude seems quite harsh on his Twitter feed... though haven't seen anything particularly direct at the pro level.

Anyways, not putting much stock on what he's saying at the moment, just some info to keep hopes up for those who care, or information to look back on once all is said and done.

IF Sullinger actually gets in shape, I think it'll be more because of the injury he suffered above anything else. Timing makes it suspect (contract year / addition of talent to the bigs), but I'd like to think he would've done it anyways particularly because of the injury he suffered seemingly because of his weight.

Again, IF he gets in shape... though in the end it won't matter what motivated him, just that he finally did it, and we'll see if he can continue it further for his career. I'm not as sure on that regard, but I'm willing to roll the dice as you may well know.

« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2015, 04:26:58 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
He doesn't look much thinner, haha. I mean it looks like he lost 10 pounds max. Only time will tell, but I don't have faith in Sullinger to lose the fat.

« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2015, 04:40:55 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Looks exactly the same to me also.

« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2015, 04:41:31 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
He's still got two months to go and it sounds like he's pulling out the heavy coaching to help him get there.

So I expect to see a Sully that we haven't seen for a couple of years.

And yes, it is in large part because it's his contract year. I want him to put up some big numbers so Danny can make him a big part of the Boogie, or whatever, deadline trade Danny's gonna deliver this year.

« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2015, 05:11:37 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
I hope he still has a large butt.

« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2015, 05:41:22 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I think aesthetically assessing Sully is a mistake. He looks to have the body type that will always look plump.

That being said, it'll be interesting to see what happens with him, but from the way there has been a high priority on "high-character/work-ethic" type guys under CBS, I'm waging Sully doesn't have too much time left here. CBS seems to like the mold of guys like Smart, Bradley, Zeller, Crowder, JJ, and Johnson, and I'm not sure that you can put Sully in that character of guys.

« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2015, 06:15:48 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Everyone talks about his weight, but the weight concern is just a sympton of the real problem, which is his conditioning. He needs to be in the kind of shape where, if called upon to do so, he'd be capable of playing 48 minutes in a game without losing too much. Not because he'll be asked to do so with any regularity but because he should be able to do more than just what is being asked of him.
This is a great point. He needs to have a habit of staying in top conditioning. We heard at the end of the season that he wasn't in good enough conditioning to play full speed. His goal can't just be losing weight. He needs a goal of establishing better exercise and eating habits.

Losing weight would have a benefit of less strain on his body. That is a real benefit apart from conditioning. Plus, it would require less effort to run and jump carrying less weight.

I don't actually think there are many players in the league that can play 48 minutes full effort. The only way you effective play 48 minutes is picking your spots. Sully is not good enough to play that way. It is okay if Lebron takes some plays off since even a half speed Lebron makes an enormous impact. I don't think the same is true for Sully.