Author Topic: any current news on sully and weight  (Read 73691 times)

Re: any current news on sully and weight
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2015, 06:16:18 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Looks exactly the same to me also.
Don't look at his behind.

« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2015, 06:26:57 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I didn't post those pics the other day because I knew people would say he looks the same, I just want people to have hope!! Lol
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2015, 02:30:08 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2015, 02:40:18 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Very slow and earthbound still, you have to admit.  I think the games we have seen with him are of dubious competition and have limited value, towards improving his game.   Still as out of shape as he was any movement is good.

« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2015, 02:44:55 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Can we trade him for the kid? :)

Showed some good explosion on one move to the hoop, but still not looking svelte.  Actually was reminding me a little of PP in his later years, got some old man game.

« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2015, 03:01:34 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Very slow and earthbound still, you have to admit.  I think the games we have seen with him are of dubious competition and have limited value, towards improving his game.   Still as out of shape as he was any movement is good.

You're working under some erroneous notion that having Sully in better shape has value because it'll make him an above the rim player or something... it's not. So all this slow/earthbound observations are really of little to no importance, particularly from observations of an amateur game where no one is giving 100% effort.

« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2015, 03:29:45 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
You're working under some erroneous notion that having Sully in better shape has value because it'll make him an above the rim player or something... it's not

Not even close,  and way off base.   I have said that him losing weight will not help him much at all.   I have said that repeatedly in our discussions.  I don't expect him to be an above the rim player and I have never claimed this.   I have repeatedly claimed that his athletic base is so poor that it is not going to help him.

We both are biased in this case.   You like him. I don't.   But you should not lie about what I said or assume that is what I think.   My thoughts on this matter is athletically he will still be lacking even if he improves his conditioning.   You can polish a turd but guess what it is still a turd.

I have seen people move faster under water than he is in that video you posted.  Don't post it if you do not want people to critique his performance, perhaps?

« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2015, 03:37:56 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
You're working under some erroneous notion that having Sully in better shape has value because it'll make him an above the rim player or something... it's not

Not even close,  and way off base.   I have said that him losing weight will not help him much at all.   I have said that repeatedly in our discussions.  I don't expect him to be an above the rim player and I have never claimed this.   I have repeatedly claimed that his athletic base is so poor that it is not going to help him.

We both are biased in this case.   You like him. I don't.   But you should not lie about what I said or assume that is what I think.   My thoughts on this matter is athletically he will still be lacking even if he improves his conditioning.   You can polish a turd but guess what it is still a turd.

I have seen people move faster under water than he is in that video you posted.  Don't post it if you do not want people to critique his performance, perhaps?

I'm simply pointing out that he's still earthbound is irrelevant, unless there's someone around here working under the notion that losing weight will be good because he'll suddenly become a different player on that regard (and if they're, they're wrong, and it does nothing more than derail what's actually important of getting in shape). I haven't seen anyone suggest that, so that you keep bringing it up is meaningless.

My comment was specifically phrased to illustrate that Sullinger's value getting in shape is not tied to him becoming a different type of player, nothing more and nothing less.

« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2015, 06:35:35 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Losing weight will probably make him a little faster but the real goal is to get his conditioning to a place where he isn't a tired, liability to have on the floor at the end of games.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2015, 06:45:36 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Losing weight will probably make him a little faster but the real goal is to get his conditioning to a place where he isn't a tired, liability to have on the floor at the end of games.
The real goal is to find a sucker to trade something of value for him :)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2015, 07:37:28 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

https://twitter.com/brown_coach/status/624944828044849152

He's got a lot of incentive to get it right this year, and I think he will. I expect a big year from him--and for Danny to trade him at the deadline.

Looking at the shape of his head in those photos, it seems pretty clear to me that the photo either wasn't taken in a natural aspect ratio, or has been compressed/photoshopped.

Sullinger's head is not that narrow, nor is it that long.   

« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 08:16:14 PM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2015, 07:51:53 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Jared and Weight have a weird relationship. He keeps trying to get rid of her, but she always comes back at the worst times! He tried to ignore her for awhile, but she kept bugging him while he was at work.

« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2015, 07:56:45 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Update Sully is now 333 pounds at fort him a very lean 33% body fat. His camp thinks this will bring him great luck this year.
 He's got his vertical down to 23 inches.

What is your weight and vertical?

I am assuming that "KG Living Legend" isn't a professional athlete who is paid millions of dollars, and who's entire career success depends on him bring in top physical condition.

I, for example, work in IT.  I have enough skill and experience right now to get a job like what i'm currently doing, anytime, no problems at all.  However if I want to be the best I can be (do more interesting work, earn more money, etc) then I want to move forward into bigger and better roles so I can advance my career.   For me to do that I need to go beyond the norm - i need to put in extra work after hours into training/certifications.  I need to spend time experimenting with technologies I don't understand well in order to improve my areas of proficiency.  I need to research and keep up to date with new technologies. 

That's my career, it's what puts food on the table, and those are the things I need to do to push me from the point of "just cruising" to "moving forward". 

For Sully, basketball is his job and his career.  He can keep a job like what he has now (fringe starter, 6th man, good backup) with his current skill set, and by continuing to do what he does now.  But if he ever wants to advance and be the best he can be, then he has to put in extra time an effort into his talents and skills.  For an athlete like Sully, his physical fitness, conditioning and athleticism directly impact his ability to maximize his career.

So for most of us (as posters on a forum) out body fat % and vertical doesn't mean a thing, because it doesn't impact our ability to do our job and bring home a pay cheque.  For Sully it does, and so it does.

Big difference.

« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2015, 08:27:39 PM »

Offline YeezusChrist

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19

https://twitter.com/brown_coach/status/624944828044849152

He's got a lot of incentive to get it right this year, and I think he will. I expect a big year from him--and for Danny to trade him at the deadline.

Looking at the shape of his head in those photos, it seems pretty clear to me that the photo either wasn't taken in a natural aspect ratio, or has been compressed/photoshopped.

Sullinger's head is not that narrow, nor is it that long.   

You're overthinking it right now...

It's his hair, the reason you think it looks off is because he has a mohawk going straight up instead of a fade which is why his face looks longer it's a visual effect hair can do. Just cover up his hair in the first pic and he won't appear photoshopped or elongated 

It may look like his face is narrow because he is smiling which makes his face longer and he has lost some weight which means he lost some chubbiness in his cheeks. Just compare that photo to the Ohio State one and imagine he lost some weight in his cheeks

There's no Sully weight loss conspiracy  ;)

« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2015, 08:56:48 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Sully is a power forward that needs an athletic, talented, long, center next to him, to cover his defensive short commings. Sully is a lumbering type, he lacks explosion. Single speed type of player.

Sully has talent, and will fit best with a team that plays, a slower half-court style. The loss of weight and conditioning will help, but it's not going to turn him into what he's not. You either like him and want to build around him or you don't.