Author Topic: any current news on sully and weight  (Read 73704 times)

Re: any current news on sully and weight
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 04:04:23 PM »

Offline markb

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
just trying to say that him personally is not getting to 18 and 10 with only playing 27 mpg.......yeah I know its a loose connection.

out of all the guys that averaged 10 plus boards last season,. T Chandler and Drummond had averaged the least amount of minutes......that number was 30.5.

He isn't chandler or Drummond when it comes to rebounds.

out of all the guys that averaged 18 plus ppg last season, D Wade and Klay Thompson had averaged the least amount of minutes....that was 31.8and 31.9.

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 04:11:41 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
just trying to say that him personally is not getting to 18 and 10 with only playing 27 mpg.......yeah I know its a loose connection.

out of all the guys that averaged 10 plus boards last season,. T Chandler and Drummond had averaged the least amount of minutes......that number was 30.5.

out of all the guys that averaged 18 plus ppg last season, D Wade and Klay Thompson had averaged the least amount of minutes....that was 31.8and 31.9.

The mpg comparisons are somewhat interesting but on the points I am just guessing that Wade & Thompson average a lot more shots in a game and they should because they aren't rebounding are they. How many PPG did Tyson Chandler average? I mean if Sully was told to just stay at the basket and rebound he would easily average more than 10 per game but they have him coming out to the 3 pt line a lot and he isn't near the basket to rebound.

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2015, 04:31:01 PM »

Offline markb

• Xavier Tillman

The mpg comparisons are somewhat interesting but on the points I am just guessing that Wade & Thompson average a lot more shots in a game and they should because they aren't rebounding are they. How many PPG did Tyson Chandler average? I mean if Sully was told to just stay at the basket and rebound he would easily average more than 10 per game but they have him coming out to the 3 pt line a lot and he isn't near the basket to rebound.

all very true.....to simplify it, for his numbers to go up, his minutes will have to go up.

the ones that averaged at least 18 and 10 this past year
p gasol ....34.4 mpg
Nikola Vucevic...34.2 mpg
LaMarcus Aldridge...35.4  mpg
DeMarcus Cousins...34.1  mpg
Anthony Davis...36.1

blake griffin use to do it when he averaged 38 and 36 mpg his first two years.

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2015, 04:41:22 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

all very true.....to simplify it, for his numbers to go up, his minutes will have to go up.

the ones that averaged at least 18 and 10 this past year
p gasol ....34.4 mpg
Nikola Vucevic...34.2 mpg
LaMarcus Aldridge...35.4  mpg
DeMarcus Cousins...34.1  mpg
Anthony Davis...36.1

blake griffin use to do it when he averaged 38 and 36 mpg his first two years.

Do you think anybody on the Celts will average over 34 mpg? And if your answer is no then I expect it is because of coaches preference of keep fresh guys in to maintain the pace rather than it being an issue of weight.

You provided some very interesting stats though and if Sully can get to the 18 and 10 then he probably is an all star. On another note - I think Lee can average 18 and 10 also with enough playing time.

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2015, 05:09:28 PM »

Offline fandrew

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 25
Sully should have been doing the insanity workout. Its like it was designed for him. It is the most exhausting workout I have ever done, and I have done many. Over three months it would have melted the pounds off him like butter, while sculpting the hell out of him.

Do that workout in the morning and afternoons work on his defense and three point shooting. That should be his life over the summer.

A one month training program won't be enough for him. He really needed to go all out this summer, but all I have heard about regarding him is that workout/training game clip of him where he is lumbering along.

I have been his biggest supporter, really up there with the most supportive these last two years. But if he can't bring himself into shape, than what is the point? He may have a ton of talent, a great BBIQ, even the in-game aggression (until he wears himself out 20 minutes in), but his motivation for conditioning is absolutely destroying him and his chances of being more than a shadow of what he is capable of.

Rant done.
"It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care." - Peter Gibbons

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2015, 05:19:30 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Sully should have been doing the insanity workout. Its like it was designed for him. It is the most exhausting workout I have ever done, and I have done many. Over three months it would have melted the pounds off him like butter, while sculpting the hell out of him.

Do that workout in the morning and afternoons work on his defense and three point shooting. That should be his life over the summer.

A one month training program won't be enough for him. He really needed to go all out this summer, but all I have heard about regarding him is that workout/training game clip of him where he is lumbering along.

I have been his biggest supporter, really up there with the most supportive these last two years. But if he can't bring himself into shape, than what is the point? He may have a ton of talent, a great BBIQ, even the in-game aggression (until he wears himself out 20 minutes in), but his motivation for conditioning is absolutely destroying him and his chances of being more than a shadow of what he is capable of.

Rant done.

Lol, TP.  I tried insanity for about 1 1/2 to 2 months once, but it was so exhausting that I was sore for the rest of the day, and after a while, I just didn't see the point.  The 45 minute sessions took way too long and were just too much for me, so I'm curious - would you try the new 25 minute version, or whatever it is? 

Btw, I forgot - does insanity have beginner and experienced levels, etc., because I wouldn't start Sully out on the latter, unless of course you'd want him to be taken to the hospital, lol ;D. Arrrrrgggghhhh!  INSANITY!

« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 05:24:41 PM by Beat LA »

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2015, 05:30:34 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Update Sully is now 333 pounds at fort him a very lean 33% body fat. His camp thinks this will bring him great luck this year.
 He's got his vertical down to 23 inches.

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2015, 05:35:17 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Update Sully is now 333 pounds at fort him a very lean 33% body fat. His camp thinks this will bring him great luck this year.
 He's got his vertical down to 23 inches.

What is your weight and vertical?

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2015, 05:36:29 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
Everyone talks about his weight, but the weight concern is just a sympton of the real problem, which is his conditioning. He needs to be in the kind of shape where, if called upon to do so, he'd be capable of playing 48 minutes in a game without losing too much. Not because he'll be asked to do so with any regularity but because he should be able to do more than just what is being asked of him.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2015, 05:39:22 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
easily the shallowest thread I've seen on here in a while. 

you are better than this, celtic fans!!

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2015, 05:41:01 PM »

Offline markb

• Xavier Tillman
Everyone talks about his weight, but the weight concern is just a sympton of the real problem, which is his conditioning. He needs to be in the kind of shape where, if called upon to do so, he'd be capable of playing 48 minutes in a game without losing too much. Not because he'll be asked to do so with any regularity but because he should be able to do more than just what is being asked of him.

exactly!!!!!  if called to, he can!  TP

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2015, 05:44:09 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

His weight is the problem. Sure, his conditioning should be better, but nobody can do what he needs to do with all that fat.

Does seem like he's losing a little, and there's still another couple of months to training camp.

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2015, 05:55:17 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Yes  ;D;D;D.               .....would I let you down

It was confirmed yesterday

Where Sully stood

Scientist conclude .......The Earth HAS tilted  ..... :D

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2015, 05:56:29 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
easily the shallowest thread I've seen on here in a while. 

you are better than this, celtic fans!!

This is pro sports guy, your getting paid millions, if your a Lard ass, you deserve some greif.

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2015, 06:40:15 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Well according to Sully, It's not about weight it's just conditioning.... All he has to do is be healthy enough to get on the court....