Author Topic: any current news on sully and weight  (Read 73679 times)

any current news on sully and weight
« on: July 21, 2015, 01:32:37 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
any new pic's-if he comes in great shape-what are expectations on his game

Re: any current news on sully and weight
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 01:36:45 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I would not hold out hope that Sully will ever be any different. 

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 01:53:08 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
I'm going to go out on a limb here.  He's still fat.

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 02:23:53 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
any new pic's-if he comes in great shape-what are expectations on his game
cue the barrage of LUNK responses ::)

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 02:33:22 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Last I know is that he'll be back on John Lucas' Camp two weeks from now for all of August. Other than that I haven't seen anything new from him since a week or two ago, so nothing to report on that regard.

But I think it'll be meaningless regardless. He seemed to be making some progress last year and didn't hit his goals, so even if we might like to see how he's going, I think the only thing weight worthy, no pun intended, is how he shows up for the Celtics training camp.

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 03:05:22 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
But I think it'll be meaningless regardless. He seemed to be making some progress last year and didn't hit his goals, so even if we might like to see how he's going, I think the only thing weight worthy, no pun intended, is how he shows up for the Celtics training camp.

I agree, I think he has until training camp.

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 03:16:39 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

I agree, I think he has until training camp.

Who said we couldn't agree on something?

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 03:20:44 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I find it ridiculous that some of the armchair GMs on this board are concerned with Sully's weight.  Did he play effectively? I think he did and was arguably the best player on the Celts. I am more concerned with the armchair GMs weight on this board because they aren't keeping in shape by playing 82+ basketball games plus practices and playoffs. Basketball players are probably the best athletes in professional sports along with soccer players. You are concerned about his weight?

Are they concerned or are you concerned with Zack Randolph's weight? He is exact same size and weight as Sully and he is 34 years old.

Let's get off Sully!

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 03:28:01 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I find it ridiculous that some of the armchair GMs on this board are concerned with Sully's weight.  Did he play effectively? I think he did and was arguably the best player on the Celts. I am more concerned with the armchair GMs weight on this board because they aren't keeping in shape by playing 82+ basketball games plus practices and playoffs. Basketball players are probably the best athletes in professional sports along with soccer players. You are concerned about his weight?

Are they concerned or are you concerned with Zack Randolph's weight? He is exact same size and weight as Sully and he is 34 years old.

Let's get off Sully!
Sully has had some weight related injuries and both Ainge and Sully ( I think) have stated that his weight has been a problem for him and he would like to be lighter and more fit.

This is coming from a big Sully fan. I think if given the starting PF position he could be a potential 18 and 10 guy, but ignore the armchair GMs. The real GM is also worried about Sully's weight.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 03:34:15 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
the celts now have a crowded frontcourt and a ton of draft picks coming  and it is his free agency year-i hope he can get in shape and stay a celt

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 03:36:07 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
This is coming from a big Sully fan. I think if given the starting PF position he could be a potential 18 and 10 guy, but ignore the armchair GMs. The real GM is also worried about Sully's weight.

I wouldn't expect it to be too hard to reach the 18 and 10 since he was 13 and 8 guy last year.

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 03:41:08 PM »

Offline markb

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
To  get to 18 and 10, he needs to be in better shape to play more than the 27 mpg that  he has played the last two years.

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 03:55:12 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Randolph is in a slow pace offense team and that suit him very well. His weight doesn't seem to be much of a concern health wise.
As for Sully, we can't change the entire team for him in order to play slower.
Plus it looks to me that his injuries comes from his conditioning.
It's not because he had a successful back surgery that he will be free of back problems his entire career.
I felt that last season he simply let down his teammates with his injury because it's something he could have controled and he didn't.
I'm also a big fan of Sully. I always said he can be a 20/10 type of guy with top conditioning and hard work at his prime. I hope he wants to be here in the future and make the right things.

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2015, 03:56:07 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
To  get to 18 and 10, he needs to be in better shape to play more than the 27 mpg that  he has played the last two years.

Okay so you have determined that he cannot reach that goal until he meets your shape guidelines and because he is "out of shape" he is limited to 27 mpg?

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2015, 04:02:40 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
Sully's latest interview: