Author Topic: IDEA - One trade, One free agent gamble or One solid free agent, Final Roster  (Read 3119 times)

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
I'll start by saying I'm not a Danilo Gallinari fan but he'd fit our need and best available.  The talks are Denver looking to maybe trade him because of big salary, and looking for players and probably a 2nd rounder. 

Denver Trade
Danilo Gallinari

For

Celtics Trade
Evan Turner, Kelly Olynyk, Chris Babb, Tyler Zeller, 2nd rounder

Before you say this is to much, we need to cut down our roster, plus this keeps the young core together.  A lot won't want to get rid of Kelly Olynyk and Tyler Zeller in this deal, but we just sign Jordan Mickey.  Some will also say trade Jared Sullinger instead of Kelly Olynyk but I'm looking at overall game and ceiling.  Sullinger ceiling and production is better, yes a weight issue but still would rather his game over Olynyk.  Plus also thinking, he'd be easier to resign next season because some teams might not want to chance Sullinger, even though his production will be higher in a contract season. 

Free Agent Gamble
Andrew Bynum

Before you go why would you do this, simply because of size and skill when healthy.  My guess he'll come roughly cheap trying to have one more go into the league, so be willing to take a minimal deal for 2 million dollars roughly.  Maybe a one year with option for second year so something like a 1 year 2 million with option 2nd year 3 or 4 million.  He's last relatively full season in 2011-2012, 18.7 ppg, 11.8 rebounds, 1.9 blocks, 35 minutes a game.  We know we're not getting this Bynum but still could be worth the shot I think, if he comes cheap.  I wouldn't offer him more then 2 million for the year, but worth kicking the tires to see what he's got if he's healthy and wants to play. 

One solid free agent signings you could do at the center position while trading away Zeller and Olynyk (even though see him more as a stretch four.  Some would be one year deals, some could be 2 to 3 year deals depending on the price. 

Kendrick Perkins - 1 year deal, just to give us a true center plus a veteran.
Kevin Seraphin - The youngest and would probably cost the most, but has shown could be a true talent.

Final Roster

Center - Amir Johnson, David Lee, Andrew Bynum, Kendrick Perkins, Kevin Seraphin (If signed)
Power Forward - Jared Sullinger, Jonas Jerebko, Jordan Mickey
Small Forward - Danilo Gallinari, Jae Crowder, Perry Jones
Shooting Guard - Avery Bradley, James Young, R.J. Hunter
Point Guard - Marcus Smart, Isaiah Thomas, Terry Rozier

Looking at this team, we're playing with a lot of interchangeable players that can play multiple positions.  I'm totally against trading Avery Bradley this year because of his skill and we have him on a steal in a contract.  Plus if we're going to trade him, do it when his value is higher because of his skill and his salary.  Also by doing this, we haven't changed a lot from our team last year, but adding some more skills, young talent, and great salaries.  So next year, we'll be able to hopefully sign a big free agent or make trades to get a super star.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 02:59:30 PM by ThePoeticWolf »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

It will definitely be interesting to see where and if Andrew Bynum pops up this year. I don't think your idea is implausible in the least-- we were one of the teams trying to stage Oden's comeback two years ago, we were on the fringe of the JaVale McGee situation, why would we not be sniffing around Andrew Bynum as well.

I bet Doc Rivers nabs him, though. He can't help himself-- he wants to own all of his former foes.

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Jordan Hill signed with Indiana.

And, yuck, Andrew Bynum.

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White

It will definitely be interesting to see where and if Andrew Bynum pops up this year. I don't think your idea is implausible in the least-- we were one of the teams trying to stage Oden's comeback two years ago, we were on the fringe of the JaVale McGee situation, why would we not be sniffing around Andrew Bynum as well.

I bet Doc Rivers nabs him, though. He can't help himself-- he wants to own all of his former foes.

I could see Doc Rivers going after him for a cheap back up.  I'm still not against on trying out JaVale McGee specially if how I broke down the Denver trade happens.  McGee has great talent, if he's a back up or a starter not putting in 30+ minutes a game.  But Bynum interest me a lot simply on what he could still do, if his knees are healthy, which is a big if on him. 

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
Jordan Hill signed with Indiana.

And, yuck, Andrew Bynum.

Didn't see the Jordan Hill signing with Pacers on NBA.com, but after google saw it.  Thanks for the clear up. 

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I think that Andrew Bynum is too much of a locker room cancer... definitly somebody I think the C's should pass on.
The young guys don't need a diva like that in the locker room.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
To me, you lose all credibilty when you propose a bum like Andrew Bynum as a trade target.   He is a bad locker room presence and his is a shadow of his former self with serious knee issues.  I would not want Perk back because of the knee issues and that cheapshot he did on Crowder.   He lost some goodwill on that one to me as well.

I would be all for getting Seraphim though and I like that proposal.

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
To me, you lose all credibilty when you propose a bum like Andrew Bynum as a trade target.   He is a bad locker room presence and his is a shadow of his former self with serious knee issues.  I would not want Perk back because of the knee issues and that cheapshot he did on Crowder.   He lost some goodwill on that one to me as well.

How are you going to talk about a guy's credibility when you didn't even read his post? If you had, you would know that Bynum is a free agent, not a trade target.

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
First trade we are giving WAY too much up.  I'm not a Gallinari fan either due to injuries, but I personally wouldn't trade Zeller and Olynyk for him.  Maybe one of them plus Turner and someone else.  You can't trade Babb because his salary is needed to make the Lee trade work.   

Second - Bynum?  No way...  I would like Seraphim but I don't think he signs with us because of lack of opportunity. 

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
First trade we are giving WAY too much up.  I'm not a Gallinari fan either due to injuries, but I personally wouldn't trade Zeller and Olynyk for him.  Maybe one of them plus Turner and someone else.  You can't trade Babb because his salary is needed to make the Lee trade work.   

Second - Bynum?  No way...  I would like Seraphim but I don't think he signs with us because of lack of opportunity.

I rather keep Olynvk as well, but because of salary this has to be done.  Unless you put in James Young instead, but I'm not doing it because of youth.  Also Babb doesn't have to be in the Lee trade it's a straight up one for one and the money works.

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White

First of all you lose all credibility in your post when you didn't even read mine.  Bynum is a FREE AGENT  You didn't even read the title of the post it seems.  I even broke it down by bolding key areas of the post.  Also I said about Bynum, it would depend on his health.  So this would include both mentally if he's wanting to play and KNEE ISSUES as you pointed out. 

As for Perkin, it's just an option and it would depend on if they'd be okay playing with each other.  It's a sport where tempers can get heated and you do things.