Author Topic: Embiid rebroke foot , wil miss next season too !  (Read 47135 times)

Re: Embiid rebroke foot , wil miss next season too !
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2015, 01:46:21 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
Would Saric still have been selected 12th if it was 100% known that he would not get paid at all on the rookie salary cap? I feel like Mirotic was drafted lower because that was more expected despite mirotic being a better prospect.

I think he'd have been picked in the top 6-8 if he hadn't signed in Turkey.

The Sixers FWIW seem like they think they can get him to come over next year. From a financial standpoint it seems like lunacy but there's some rumblings his transfer to Efes wasn't on the up and up and he's not happy there. He's indicated he wants to come over next year multiple times despite how little sense it makes.

Like some mob boss level eastern Europe type stuff involving his dad. Maybe the Sixers can hire Liam Neeson between now and October.

« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2015, 01:49:06 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Nice to 'see' you too.:)
Would Saric still have been selected 12th if it was 100% known that he would not get paid at all on the rookie salary cap? I feel like Mirotic was drafted lower because that was more expected despite mirotic being a better prospect.

I don't believe anyone thought that he was ever going to join the NBA on a rookie-scale contract. He signed a three year deal with Anadolu Efes right before the draft, like two or three days before the draft, after all, and in fact that contract (three years 20 million euro, I believe) was the reason he  fell out of the top 10, if I remember correctly.
I think the Sixers thought he wouldn't see that last year and thus will come over next summer.  Wouldn't be surprised if he rides out the full 3 years though.

Right. Two years and then the NBA was certainly his stated plan at the time -- which is why his last year with Efes has an opt out clause, I believe.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2015, 01:51:59 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I think he'd have been picked in the top 6-8 if he hadn't signed in Turkey.

The Sixers FWIW seem like they think they can get him to come over next year. From a financial standpoint it seems like lunacy but there's some rumblings his transfer to Efes wasn't on the up and up and he's not happy there. He's indicated he wants to come over next year multiple times despite how little sense it makes.

Like some mob boss level eastern Europe type stuff involving his dad. Maybe the Sixers can hire Liam Neeson between now and October.
I remember seeing that he was willing to come right to the NBA if selected by either LA or Boston. With the 6th and 7th picks LA and Boston passed on him to select what I thought were just better prospects in Randle and Smart. I think Saric would have gone in the 8-10 range.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2015, 02:04:02 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
He did say that, IIRC that was before his deal with Efes was announced.

I will have time to google this stuff later.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2015, 02:11:46 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
Dario Saric has agreed upon a three-year deal with Anadolu Efes of Turkey, according to a source.

The deal will have a player option for the third year. Saric is expected to receive and sign a contract in the next 24 hours.

Saric's contract will essentially prohibit him from playing in the NBA for at least two seasons.Saric was receiving looks from lottery teams as high as No. 10 with the Philadelphia 76ers, No. 11 with the Denver Nuggets and No. 12 with the Orlando Magic. He may slip beyond the lottery, but he becomes an option in the mid to late teens with the Atlanta Hawks, Boston Celtics, Phoenix Suns and Chicago Bulls.

That's from Real GM FWIW.

I had him higher than that. I thought he was a better prospect than Payton, Vonleh, Randle and definitely above Stauskas.

« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2015, 06:40:53 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
So, things are getting even weirder with Embiid's situation. Apparently Sixers fans are beginning to believe in more conspiracy theories because, well, there is still no news about Embiid actually having or even scheduling his surgery. On top of it, the Sixers only statement is that they have no plans to discuss anything regarding Embiid's surgery this week.

http://thesixersense.com/2015/08/04/what-is-going-on-with-joel-embiids-surgery/

So what's the deal here? Wouldn't it make complete sense to get the surgery done sooner rather than later so that he has more time to heal if he really needs surgery?

« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2015, 07:01:05 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
So, things are getting even weirder with Embiid's situation. Apparently Sixers fans are beginning to believe in more conspiracy theories because, well, there is still no news about Embiid actually having or even scheduling his surgery. On top of it, the Sixers only statement is that they have no plans to discuss anything regarding Embiid's surgery this week.

So what's the deal here? Wouldn't it make complete sense to get the surgery done sooner rather than later so that he has more time to heal if he really needs surgery?

that philly front office is starting to seem like a disaster with how they are handling things

« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2015, 07:13:17 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

that philly front office is starting to seem like a disaster with how they are handling things

At the very least, not making clear statements about whatever is going on is asking a whole lot from Sixers fans who have been enduring historically bad teams for the promise of a rebuild, and now have no clear info at all about the status of what was supposed to be the centerpiece of that rebuild. Hinke should at least be upfront with Sixers fans about this if he expects any of them to remain interested in that team.

I wonder if Embiid just doesn't want to undergo surgery considering he has felt well with no boot or anything for a while now, and is going against Sixers medical staff wishes, but with that front office, who knows?

« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2015, 07:15:41 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I wonder if Embiid just doesn't want to undergo surgery considering he has felt well with no boot or anything for a while now, and is going against Sixers medical staff wishes, but with that front office, who knows?

That is my guess. That Embiid disagrees with team about how to proceed.

« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2015, 07:20:39 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I think its obvious they are red-shirting him. 

Why else would have so much miss-information about a guy who, by all accounts outside of the Philly FO, is ready to go?

If they weren't trying so hard to be terrible, it wouldn't be quite so obvious. 

« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2015, 07:26:09 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Seems like it was the same bone (navicular bone) that has broken again.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/Embiid_re-broke_same_bone_in_injured_foot.html

« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2015, 07:30:52 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
How could you compare  Embiid to Hakeem when the dude hasnt played one nba game yet.?

just because your great in college does not mean your game with be the same in the nba

« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2015, 07:38:35 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Weird situation.  I've learned not to trust anything coming out from Philly regarding injuries.  They said for weeks he didn't re-injure it.  Now apparently he did re-injure it?  Or maybe not?  He was supposed to have surgery within 10 days... not like a month later he still doesn't have surgery?   He's got a broken foot, but he's walking around without a boot?  Nobody seems to have any clue what's going on at this point.   Supposedly he's going to have a bone graft at some point.  We'll see.  Weird situation.

« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2015, 09:57:19 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
True, definatately a very weird front office there in Philly.  It must be incredibly frustrating to be a 76ers fan right now. 

On one hand you'd be super excited about Noel and Okafor, on the other hand the whole Embiid situation (especially the fact of being left in the dark about it) would be a major buzzkill and is probably bringing down all of that excitement.

I just wonder why they are acting this way.  Is the issue far worse than they are making out, and they are hoping to try to trade him and get some value back (hence keeping quiet on the nature of the injury)?

That doesn't even seem to make much sense, because AFAIK teams usually do a medical before any trades are accepted, so it's not like they can hide his injuries to any opposing teams considering trading for him.

Maybe they are just holding back to avoid scaring away the fans? 

I don't know, very weird situation.

How could you compare  Embiid to Hakeem when the dude hasnt played one nba game yet.?

just because your great in college does not mean your game with be the same in the nba

Same reason people compared Andrew Wiggins to Lebron James.

Wiggins doesn't have Lebron's amazing balance of strength/athleticism (which is arguably Lebron's biggest asset), his basketball IQ, his rebounding ability, his passing ability or his ball handling ability.  He's also not as explosive a scorer as Lebron (who was dominate from the start as a rookie).   

About the only things Wiggins has in common with LeBron are his height (6'8"), his wingspan (7'0"), his explosive athleticism, and the fact that he is (or at least was, in college) a two-way player.

But then again I was describing Marcus Smart as a poor-man's Dwyane Wade (Poor man's because Wade was a better athlete and passer) so I'm guilty of this too!

« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2015, 11:59:13 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

seriously

People were counting those chickens before they hatched
I trust Danny Ainge