Author Topic: Embiid rebroke foot , wil miss next season too !  (Read 47268 times)

Re: Embiid rebroke foot , wil miss next season too !
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2015, 11:56:36 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Hinkie was clearly lying.
For what purpose?

« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2015, 02:04:45 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
For what purpose?

Because he can. There's a certain arrogance to him. There are people who lie for no rational reason. He's misled people before. There's no need to comment on anything you don't want to talk about with the media.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 02:12:50 AM by colincb »

« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2015, 02:24:53 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
For what purpose?

Because he can. There's a certain arrogance to him. There are people who lie for no rational reason. He's misled people before. There's no need to comment on anything you don't want to talk about with the media.
It just seems really odd... why would Embiid and his people be ok with Hinkie lying about Embiid's injury?  It just seems so unnecessary.  What was gained by it?  If his navicular bone truly did re-break (unconfirmed), and they claimed it didn't... and yet a couple weeks later they announce he needs season ending surgery... what was gained by lying about it?  It makes no sense.   If it was a re-break, why not mention it? 

« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2015, 04:21:23 AM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
Off topic, but is anyone sneaky-curious about whether Saric will ever actually come over to the NBA or not?

He basically has to choose between being a superhero in Europe or taking a pay cut to come to the NBA only to play on a team that's probably even worse than his old team that has no intention of winning.

Of course, this all changes if the Sixers rebuild progresses well and they become an up-and-coming young team; but I think Saric coming can only be the result of the Sixers making significant progress first, not the other way around.

He wanted to come over this year. And please stop with the his old team is better than an NBA team nonsense. That's like the Kentucky could compete argument, and it's silly.

He'll be over in 16 or 17. He says 16, but I doubt it.

« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2015, 12:50:09 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Off topic, but is anyone sneaky-curious about whether Saric will ever actually come over to the NBA or not?

He basically has to choose between being a superhero in Europe or taking a pay cut to come to the NBA only to play on a team that's probably even worse than his old team that has no intention of winning.

Of course, this all changes if the Sixers rebuild progresses well and they become an up-and-coming young team; but I think Saric coming can only be the result of the Sixers making significant progress first, not the other way around.

He wanted to come over this year. And please stop with the his old team is better than an NBA team nonsense. That's like the Kentucky could compete argument, and it's silly.

Anadolu Efes is one of the best teams in one of the world's best professional leagues. They are currently ranked 7th in all of Europe. They're nowhere near the same level as a college team and I'm pretty sure they'd be at least comparable to the Sixers.

I can't read his mind, but he's making a lot of money and playing for a top team in Europe. If he comes over at any time before 2017-18, he has to come on the NBA rookie scale. I don't know if he wants to do that unless he's sure the Sixers can contend immediately.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2015, 01:06:22 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

Anadolu Efes is one of the best teams in one of the world's best professional leagues. They are currently ranked 7th in all of Europe. They're nowhere near the same level as a college team and I'm pretty sure they'd be at least comparable to the Sixers.

I can't read his mind, but he's making a lot of money and playing for a top team in Europe. If he comes over at any time before 2017-18, he has to come on the NBA rookie scale. I don't know if he wants to do that unless he's sure the Sixers can contend immediately.

does anyone remember why that player the magic drafted about 8 years ago never came over?

« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2015, 01:18:49 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Are you talking about Lior Eliyahu?

He got a nice 4 year contract with Caja Laboral in Spain.

« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2015, 01:31:02 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum

They're not even close to the level of an NBA team, if they came to the NBA they'd get run out of the gym. But yes, they're definitely a tier above college. Even if the Sixers and really any NBA team would wipe the floor with them. Their 2nd best player was a 2nd round draft pick, it's not even comparable.

He says he wants to come to the NBA next year, I still think monetarily it makes more sense in 2017-18.

There's nothing substantiating him never coming over. At all. It makes no sense financially(he's not taking a pay cut, the NBA pays the highest salaries in the world), and there's no news on it aside from you making something up and acting like it has substance.

« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2015, 01:34:30 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I think the smart money would expect Saric to eventually make his NBA debut.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2015, 01:37:58 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Would Saric still have been selected 12th if it was 100% known that he would not get paid at all on the rookie salary cap? I feel like Mirotic was drafted lower because that was more expected despite mirotic being a better prospect.

« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2015, 01:38:43 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Larbrd and Dos debating Embiid, the good old times are back! Glad to have you fellas back around.

« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2015, 01:41:12 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum

And just for some context on how ridiculous that entire first paragraph was.

Jan Vesely started in the Turkish League All-Star Game last year.

« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2015, 01:42:02 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Nice to 'see' you too.:)
Would Saric still have been selected 12th if it was 100% known that he would not get paid at all on the rookie salary cap? I feel like Mirotic was drafted lower because that was more expected despite mirotic being a better prospect.

I don't believe anyone thought that he was ever going to join the NBA on a rookie-scale contract. He signed a three year deal with Anadolu Efes right before the draft, like two or three days before the draft, after all, and in fact that contract (three years 20 million euro, I believe) was the reason he  fell out of the top 10, if I remember correctly.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2015, 01:44:01 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143

They're not even close to the level of an NBA team, if they came to the NBA they'd get run out of the gym. But yes, they're definitely a tier above college. Even if the Sixers and really any NBA team would wipe the floor with them. Their 2nd best player was a 2nd round draft pick, it's not even comparable.

He says he wants to come to the NBA next year, I still think monetarily it makes more sense in 2017-18.

There's nothing substantiating him never coming over. At all. It makes no sense financially(he's not taking a pay cut, the NBA pays the highest salaries in the world), and there's no news on it aside from you making something up and acting like it has substance.

I said I was sneaky-curious. I can't read his mind. I don't know what will happen.

I think he'll come over eventually, but there's clearly no incentive to do so at any point before 17-18 given the money and the fact that the Sixers will be terrible.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2015, 01:45:48 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Nice to 'see' you too.:)

I don't believe anyone thought that he was ever going to join the NBA on a rookie-scale contract. He signed a three year deal with Anadolu Efes right before the draft, like two or three days before the draft, after all, and in fact that contract (three years 20 million euro, I believe) was the reason he  fell out of the top 10, if I remember correctly.
I think the Sixers thought he wouldn't see that last year and thus will come over next summer.  Wouldn't be surprised if he rides out the full 3 years though.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip