Author Topic: (TI) Lee for Pekovic  (Read 2563 times)

(TI) Lee for Pekovic
« on: July 19, 2015, 09:46:47 PM »

Offline EvilEmpire

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Once Pekovic health (I say that loosely, since he cant stay healthy) has been established then make the trade before the trading deadline. Minn gets the cap space and Towns is the heir apparent. Pekovic is only making 12 per yr the next three years and the Celtics don't seem to have any luck with top FAs and the cap is about to mushroom by 20 to 30%. Hence trading or drafting top flight big man is the only way to acquire one. Of course this is as long as the Celtics are not in tank mode then all bets are off.

Re: (TI) Lee for Pekovic
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 10:26:36 PM »

Offline I told you so

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
Pekovic would be a fine addition if you want a center with the following attributes: a) no rim protection; b) below average rebounding; c) no offensive range beyond 5 feet from the rim; d) no passing skill; and e) the foot speed of a three-toed sloth.  I would have also said: f) injury prone, since he has missed a total of 81 games the past two seasons ... but you already mentioned that issue.   ;D

Given all those minuses, Pekovic would be a serious downgrade from Lee, Amir Johnson, Zeller, KO or even Sully at center.

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 11:02:27 PM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
I'm not giving up anything of value for an injury prone defensive sieve with 3 years left on his deal, or even taking him for free.  But if Minnesota would throw us some assets to take him on I guess we could do worse.  I doubt that'll happen though since their key guys are on rookie deals and aren't up for extensions for a few years.

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 11:36:30 PM »

Offline emajic1

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
Oh hell no. 

I think DLee performs well this year, and decent chance he signs another contract with us.  Team player who will fit in well.

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 12:08:50 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He is pretty slow and injury prone so I think we pass on this one.   Also, he is not a CBS big that can spread the floor.

also I like Superman so he is no go being a twin for Non

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh6iy4fYr9A

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 07:30:05 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
David Lee is a better offense-orientated center than Pekovic is. More skilled and versatile.

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 08:56:40 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Pekovic is a pretty good player, but he is the exact opposite of what the Celtics should be looking for in a center.

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 09:20:11 AM »

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
With the team we have now, I prefer David Lee

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 09:23:17 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
He doesn't fit with our system, but Pekovic's contract will start to look pretty good when the cap goes up.