Author Topic: Ty Lawson traded to the Houston Rockets  (Read 14378 times)

Re: Ty Lawson traded to the Houston Rockets
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2015, 09:49:22 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
P Bev will still get decent minutes because both Prigioni is gone and they won't be likely to resign Jason Terry now. Or maybe they will sign Terry or Andre Miller but it would be to a minimum contract.

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2015, 09:50:15 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Lawson wants out of Denver when they draft Mudiay. Lawson does everything he can to let everyone know he wants out. Lawson gets a dui and the Nuggets decide it's the last straw so they need to deal him.

Is it me or in the end could it be argued that getting a DUI was actually a vehicle for getting Lawson exactly what he wants?

I see what you did there.  TP ;D.

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2015, 09:51:45 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
The top of the West is going to be a bloodbath next season.  It's even more potent than last season.

Golden State - Defending champs.  Pretty much running it back minus David Lee
San Antonio - Signed LaMarcus Aldridge and brought back all their core guys
Houston - Adds Ty Lawson to strengthen their weakest position
OKC - Getting Kevin Durant and Serge Ibaka back from injury
LA Clippers - Re-sign DeAndre, and add much needed quality depth
Memphis - tweaked lineup to improve depth
Which is great news for us. There is no way Dallas cracks that top 6. And this move solidifies Denver's role as a tanking team that will keep Dallas out of the bottom 7.

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2015, 10:01:29 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
That trade does not work, at least according to the ESPN Trade Machine.

They need to send out at least one more non-guarenteed, minimum contract by my math. Unless they plan to send out Harrell, Jones, Motiejunas, Capella, or Dekker, I don't think they have that contract on their roster.

I wonder if this is part of a bigger deal that's brewing, or if they need a third party to help them facilitate the trade.

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2015, 10:04:43 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
How does Houston keep landing trades like this. They got Harden and Lawson for basically scraps.

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2015, 10:08:01 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

They need to send out at least one more non-guarenteed, minimum contract by my math. Unless they plan to send out Harrell, Jones, Motiejunas, Capella, or Dekker, I don't think they have that contract on their roster.

I wonder if this is part of a bigger deal that's brewing, or if they need a third party to help them facilitate the trade.
I saw about 3million of trade exceptions there and they are sending over a draft pick. Maybe they plan to pay some luxury tax.

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2015, 10:10:53 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
good trade for the Rockets. the Nuggets will be terrible next year. I wonder if they'll trade away Gallo or Faried
- LilRip

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2015, 10:11:31 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Wow, Houston is going to be tough now. Great move for both Ty and Houston.

Spurs, GS, LAC, Houston.... That might be the best four team grouping in a single conference ever. As long as LA doesn't come out of the West, I'm happy!

Jlhopefully this means we can get Gallo for a decent price now since they're apparently tanking!

LA, Portland, Minny, Denver, Philly, NY, and Detroit. Hard to see Dallas being worse than those teams, too.

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2015, 10:11:53 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
How does Houston keep landing trades like this. They got Harden and Lawson for basically scraps.

Lawsons value couldn't have been lower and OKC is cheap. That's why.

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2015, 10:12:28 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

I saw about 3million of trade exceptions there and they are sending over a draft pick. Maybe they plan to pay some luxury tax.

I thought that you can only use a trade exception if the salary of the player is smaller than the exception itself?

I figured Houston would be close to the luxury tax, but I'm talking more about the trade, as presented, and how it doesn't work.

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2015, 10:14:31 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

I thought that you can only use a trade exception if the salary of the player is smaller than the exception itself?

I figured Houston would be close to the luxury tax, but I'm talking more about the trade, as presented, and how it doesn't work.
Maybe you're right, but I'm sure they got a plan.

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2015, 10:20:48 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
The top of the West is going to be a bloodbath next season.  It's even more potent than last season.

Which is great news for us. There is no way Dallas cracks that top 6. And this move solidifies Denver's role as a tanking team that will keep Dallas out of the bottom 7.
I think Utah are a playoff team in 15-16 too, so that leaves NO, Dal, and Phx battling for the last spot.  Of course, injuries can change things in a hurry, and their is no guarantee that Lawson gets his act together in 1 year either.

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2015, 10:28:54 PM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29

LA, Portland, Minny, Denver, Philly, NY, and Detroit. Hard to see Dallas being worse than those teams, too.

I don't think Minnesota will be down that low. Should be touch and go with the 12th draft spot, potentially giving the Celts that extra No. 1 pick.

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2015, 10:31:12 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

It works just fine per the CBA.  Trade Machine might not work.

Because Houston will be below the luxury tax line after this deal, they need to send out $8,203,063 in salaries.  The proposed trade has them sending out $8,446,821 in salary, so they're sending out just as much as they need to.

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2015, 10:40:53 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

I think Utah are a playoff team in 15-16 too, so that leaves NO, Dal, and Phx battling for the last spot.  Of course, injuries can change things in a hurry, and their is no guarantee that Lawson gets his act together in 1 year either.

I think even Sacramento and Minnesota could be fighting for that spot more than Dallas.

T-Wolves may be young but they have a bright future with Wiggins-Towns-Lavine-Muhammad-Dieng-Rubio (Jurys still out on Bennett and Payne) and they have talented vets around them with KG-Pekovic-Martin.

Kings may be in disarray and I know just as well as anyone that they could self-implode but on paper they have a deeper roster than Dallas does. Dallas has no superstar (Dirks old and D-Wills washed up) and no depth.

I seriously love where this is going for that pick.