Author Topic: IDEA Trading for Gorgui Dieng  (Read 3531 times)

IDEA Trading for Gorgui Dieng
« on: July 18, 2015, 06:05:25 AM »

Offline IThomas

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
I liked Dieng after watching him in some games last season. With Pekovic and Towns he should be tradeable. He is an athletic and hard working C that could be good for our team. What do you guys think?

Re: IDEA Trading for Gorgui Dieng
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 07:28:27 AM »

Offline e4sym0de

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
I can the the Wolves preferring to trade Pekovic, if they are motivated to move one of them

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 08:43:20 AM »

Offline green147

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Love Dieng for the Celtics but I think they envision him as part of their core though...Tyus, Lavine, Wiggins, Towns, Dieng. That could be a ridiculously good starting 5 of the future. W,e could get Pek but he doesn't really fit the C's style of play. Plus the Cs and T-Wolves haven't exactly been trade buddies since the KG trade. Danny only really makes trades with a handful of teams these days.

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 08:43:22 AM »

Offline I told you so

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
I can the the Wolves preferring to trade Pekovic, if they are motivated to move one of them

Correct.  Consider the following: Towns is still a raw rookie with a lot of room for improvement.  Pekovic is an aging, extremely injury-prone defensive liability making $12 mill per over the next two years.  Dieng is a bargain for the Twolves as a young, athletic rim protector with two years still remaining on his rookie contract.  Of the three, Pekovic is the one Minnesota most wants to get rid of.  You're not getting Dieng unless you're willing to overpay.

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 10:06:32 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
The same dieng we could have drafted a couple of years ago? ::)

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 10:08:25 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
More likely they trade the guy from Superman II than Dieng.   Besides, he can't spread the floor and is not a CBS type of big man.

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 10:17:18 AM »

Offline mdmcdd1117

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 0
Ainge should have moved up a couple of slots to draft him the year he came out. The guy was a great rim protector at Louisville and it has carried on to the pro level.  I'd consider it
a great move!!!!

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 11:24:58 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
More likely they trade the guy from Superman II than Dieng.   Besides, he can't spread the floor and is not a CBS type of big man.
+1 for Superman 2 villain being more likely.

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 03:50:22 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Like the idea of getting Dieng, but what would the trade package cost?

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 03:53:59 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Looking at the Wolves roster, the Cs don't really have anything of presumable interest to offer for Dieng -- they could do better elsewhere.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 06:09:10 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
Looking at the Wolves roster, the Cs don't really have anything of presumable interest to offer for Dieng -- they could do better elsewhere.

*shrugs*

I actually think they could be interested in some of the Celtics' picks for him, depending on how their other bigs pan out.

I definitely don't get the impression that they're actively shopping him, but I also don't get the impression that's he part of the "untouchable" core.

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 09:10:37 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Unless our offer involves either Smart or our 2016 Brooklyn pick, why would Minnesota even consider making a deal with us for Dieng?

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2015, 09:32:55 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
I liked Dieng after watching him in some games last season. With Pekovic and Towns he should be tradeable. He is an athletic and hard working C that could be good for our team. What do you guys think?

Dieng is not available right now.  I think everyone agrees that he would be well worth picking up, however the T-Wolves don't want to trade him.  They want to trade Pekovic, who is slow, expensive and injury prone....   

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2015, 10:49:25 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

*shrugs*

I actually think they could be interested in some of the Celtics' picks for him, depending on how their other bigs pan out.

I definitely don't get the impression that they're actively shopping him, but I also don't get the impression that's he part of the "untouchable" core.

The Wolves have a very young team. Why do they want picks?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2015, 08:01:15 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff

*shrugs*

The Wolves have a very young team. Why do they want picks?

The fact that they're a young team is exactly why they might want picks.