Author Topic: Vegas Summer League: Game 5 Celtics (4-0) vs Spurs (3-1) 7/18/15  (Read 35483 times)

Re: Vegas Summer League: Game 5 Celtics (4-0) vs Spurs (3-1) 7/18/15
« Reply #225 on: July 18, 2015, 06:20:18 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I gotta say I like Holmes.  He doesn't stand out, he just quietly puts up a good line every game.

« Reply #226 on: July 18, 2015, 06:20:59 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I'd have a tough time playing for Becky Hammon. I assume she's in the locker room when the guys are changing.  I would definately salute her and it would be out of my control.

Thanks for sharin, bruh. I was saluting from home.

Lol.  She is cute.

Cute??? She is a hot tamale.

*facepalm* You guys do know how great of a player she was, right?

Yes, like I said it would be out of control.  The day I stop objectifying women is the day after I die.  Can't help it... which pretty much makes me human a male who lacks empathy and thinks of the world primarily through my own narrow lens... and maybe a little too honest offensive.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #227 on: July 18, 2015, 06:22:36 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
Man how bout these almost traded away draft picks?

Am I glad that Jordan turned down the Godfather offer for Frank **** Kaminsky?  Hell Yes!

why is MJ still running a team? Wasn't the Kwame Brown debacle enough to retire him from player personnel matters.

Nah brah.  He also took Adam Morrison ;D.

Ha!  I totally forgot about the Adam Morrison pick.

I think the owner is in a tough spot.  Regardless of how poorly Jordan does trying to build a team, the owner doesn't want to be seen as the guy who fired the best player in the history of the league.

especially when the owner is also the best player in the history of the league.

Crap, I forgot that he owned the Bobcats.  That's even worse, if that's possible.  Golf aside, Jordan seems to spend the majority of his time letting anyone and everyone know that he believes that he can beat anyone on his team one-on-one ::). I'm not sure if that says more about him as an executive or player, but either way, he just doesn't understand.  Getting Vonleh in the draft was great, but trading him for Batum will come back to haunt them, imo.  That kid is awesome.

I disagree about Vonleh, but I agree Jordan is a terrible GM/owner. 

« Reply #228 on: July 18, 2015, 06:23:44 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I'd have a tough time playing for Becky Hammon. I assume she's in the locker room when the guys are changing.  I would definately salute her and it would be out of my control.

Lol.  She is cute.

Yes, like I said it would be out of control.  The day I stop objectifying women is the day after I die.  Can't help it... which pretty much makes me human a male who lacks empathy and thinks of the world primarily through my own narrow lens... and maybe a little too honest offensive.

TP
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #229 on: July 18, 2015, 06:24:43 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas

Lol.  She is cute.

Offensive?  Oh c'mon, lighten up.   And that's my last post on the subject.

« Reply #230 on: July 18, 2015, 06:25:25 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Lol.  She is cute.

just when you think there may be intelligent life here.... how many times do you think she had to fight and overcome opinions and comments such as these?

tp to beat LA.

Ugh.  Likely too many to count.  She should stick to the WNBA, imo, where, gasp, players actually have brains and skills :o. What a concept ::)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 07:14:00 PM by Beat LA »

« Reply #231 on: July 18, 2015, 06:30:59 PM »

Offline Dedalus

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
Thanks for ruining the fun thread. SL was great, though.

« Reply #232 on: July 18, 2015, 07:11:20 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Ahhhh bad defense on that last play should have just played man we tried to go zone. This was fun though we got some ballers loving all of our draft picks...all the way down to Thornton.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #233 on: July 18, 2015, 07:17:41 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I still blame CJ Fair and Marcus Thornton for loosing that game.

I missed the game . 

This ....is THE POST I fully expected to see as I was scanning the thread.

I knew ......if Thorn in the side ....played we'd loose .......I knew it ........that was a wasted pick .

Fair , Young and Thornton ......are liabilities .....not assets.

Young needs to GO .....ASAP ......young out .....Holmes in.

« Reply #234 on: July 18, 2015, 08:02:40 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
Sorry if I killed the game thread.  I didn't mean to offend.

Too bad about Scott's game winning shot.  I was hoping to see another SL game as they have been a lot of fun.

« Reply #235 on: July 18, 2015, 08:29:28 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
Ugh.  Just got done watching on tape delay.  I know it's only summer league but was really rooting for this group.  I wanted to watch another game.  Nice game, I just keep thinking the Spurs got most of the calls.  Never thought I'd complain about calls in a summer league game.  LOL.

Very encouraging signs from this summer league. 

* Smart looks way more aggressive, but he still can't shoot
* Young had a nice last few games to still provide a glimmer of hope - he's the youngest guy out there
* Rozier is CLUTCH and a nice player
* Hunter just seems fundamentally sound and has a very pretty shot.  Great passer.
* Mickey looks like a keeper

Not sure Holmes will make the team, and I'm sure Thornton will never play for the C's.

Go C's!

« Reply #236 on: July 18, 2015, 10:18:27 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

Lol.  She is cute.

Yes, like I said it would be out of control.  The day I stop objectifying women is the day after I die.  Can't help it... which pretty much makes me human... and maybe a little too honest.

You may be confusing attraction which is human, with objectifying which is experienced by some women as disrespectful.  It's your choice whether or not to be disrespectful -- but disrespect isn't a natural, uncontrollable human thing. 

We all have to deal with things that offend us -- so I really don't mean to make a big deal out of it.  I guess I've just seen the struggle for self-esteem that many young women deal with  (including my daughters).   So, it gets a little under my skin that you realize it's objectification and yet you still do it. Proudly.  Not sure why you'd be OK with that.

« Reply #237 on: July 18, 2015, 10:25:00 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas

Lol.  She is cute.

Yes, like I said it would be out of control.  The day I stop objectifying women is the day after I die.  Can't help it... which pretty much makes me human... and maybe a little too honest.

You may be confusing attraction which is human, with objectifying which is experienced by some women as disrespectful.  It's your choice whether or not to be disrespectful -- but disrespect isn't a natural, uncontrollable human thing. 

We all have to deal with things that offend us -- so I really don't mean to make a big deal out of it.  I guess I've just seen the struggle for self-esteem that many young women deal with  (including my daughters).   So, it gets a little under my skin that you realize it's objectification and yet you still do it. Proudly.  Not sure why you'd be OK with that.

I wasn't confusing attraction with objectifying.  I was kidding.  Sorry. 

« Reply #238 on: July 18, 2015, 10:44:59 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Ugh.  Just got done watching on tape delay.  I know it's only summer league but was really rooting for this group.  I wanted to watch another game.  Nice game, I just keep thinking the Spurs got most of the calls.  Never thought I'd complain about calls in a summer league game.  LOL.

Very encouraging signs from this summer league. 

* Smart looks way more aggressive, but he still can't shoot
* Young had a nice last few games to still provide a glimmer of hope - he's the youngest guy out there
* Rozier is CLUTCH and a nice player
* Hunter just seems fundamentally sound and has a very pretty shot.  Great passer.
* Mickey looks like a keeper

Not sure Holmes will make the team, and I'm sure Thornton will never play for the C's.

Go C's!

Becky Hammond was why Spurs got a lot of calls.  What a story to have a woman coach win the summer league ::)

« Reply #239 on: July 18, 2015, 11:15:09 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Becky Hammond was why Spurs got a lot of calls.  What a story to have a woman coach win the summer league

I thought they subtly helped the story along...